PDA

View Full Version : Is OPS/ Ground Handling A route to the Sky???

Lee@LPL
22nd May 2006, 15:17
Hi all,
i am going for an interview with Flight Support at LPL on wednesday for a job as a passenger service agent. My all time dream, being still relatively young (18) is too become a pilot, and just reading a few threads on this site i have noticed that it is possible to go down the ops and ground route and work your way up the ladder to become a pilot!

Is this common place? Would i have to pay for my own flight training?

All views welcome,
Regards
Lee@LPL

Leezyjet
22nd May 2006, 23:06
Would i have to pay for my own flight training?

The only people who don't pay for their own flight training these days work for Her Majesty. :E

You would never work your way up the ladder from check-in agent to pilot, it doesn't work like that.

You can work your way up the career ladder on the ground, all the while paying for your flight training, then once qualified apply for jobs as a pilot, but you would never get promoted through the ranks.

Check out the wannabe's forum for more info on flight training.

The experience that you gain in working on the ground will be invaluable when you get tot he f/deck and will IMHO make you a better all round pilot than those who have never worked on the ground.

:)

Lee@LPL
25th May 2006, 12:55
Sounds good but can u earn enough money working on the ground to afford pilot training???

Reagrds
Lee@LPL