PDA

View Full Version : Plapitation

747dreamliner
22nd May 2006, 13:16
Hi everybody,
Why there is no talk about palpitation in any medical requirement? Is it acceptable to a small amount or not? :confused:

QDMQDMQDM
26th May 2006, 18:01
Because 'palpitation' is a symptom, not a diagnosis. There are many different causes of palpitations, all of which will be dealt with in the medical requirements in some way.

QDM

747dreamliner
27th May 2006, 06:59
Dear QDM, Thank you for your answer. I can see you are a doctor. If the cause of palpitation is mild MVP which happens only during times of stress (like giving speech for large number of people) and not in ordinary situation will it be assessed as unfit for Class I ? Thank you for your help.

Danny_manchester
28th May 2006, 10:01
Do you not think you will be stressed on board an aircraft carrying 200+ people?!?!?.

Lots of people suffer from palpitations, a lot of the time it is nothing to worry about, and to be honest its hard for the doctors to actualy record this. (I had a few 24 hour monitors, which recorded nothing). However if you say it occurs during stressful situations, i would keep that bit under your hat, as this would no doubt put you in a dodgy situation with the airlines and with the cardiologist.

If you mention to the medical examiner you have these problems, you will probably be referred to a cardiologist.

747dreamliner
31st May 2006, 09:46
Danny, For sure they arent gonna put me on a 747 in the first place. I think that simple stress will be solved during some hundred hours of training. :ugh: but I think I will be refered to a cardiologist even if I dont mention anything cause I have mild MVP.