PDA

View Full Version : JETSTAR RECRUITING IN DUBAI 24TH-28TH MAY

UNOME
22nd May 2006, 05:27
Things must be getting interesting when QF sends TEAM AUSTRALIA to the sandpit to recruit.:confused:

Signing up anyone willing to come......what about all the boys and girls with Airbus time closer to home who are being ignored?:ugh:

What happened to the education requirements, the stage 1 check, etc??:oh:

Possibly the fact that the total time on 330 for ALL current Jetstar pilots awarded a 330 slot is about 500hrs and that they have no longhaul experience to the destinations proposed, may influence things?:rolleyes:

The_Cutest_of_Borg
22nd May 2006, 06:14
What about the pilots already trained in QF who already fly them?

Most of them with ample experience to most of the mooted destinations?

P.S. The J* entry requirements are ridiculous. The former QF A330 fleet manager wouldn't even qualify.. go figure...

CAYNINE
22nd May 2006, 09:26
It all true guys. J* is here in DXB as we write conducting interveiws. The thing is that all the applicants that are interested in the job have to jump through the same stupid HR designed interveiw criteria that you have to in QF.

There will be a few Captains that are going to go back as some are not happy in the sand, but, the FO package is way less than desirable and therefore a lot of guys are rethinking their interest.... 80 to 90k I believe, is that about right?

Veruka Salt
22nd May 2006, 10:58
Caynine. . .

You are correct :eek: 80 - 90K for an F/O.

m1tch
22nd May 2006, 11:59
Are they doing the qantas psych & skills testing, at pres knocking 80% of app's am led to believe

:ugh:

Scooter Rassmussin
22nd May 2006, 13:48
Some Aussies want to come home to live they are type rated whats the big deal , just because people leave to become ex-pats does not banish them forever , or does it.....Grow up............:=

m1tch
22nd May 2006, 14:18
grow up....

calm down.....

woomera way to much crap flies in these forums.. its becoming a waste of valuable space....

exactly where in this thread was any expat bashing going on.. wave a finger at me in person & i will break it...

all i asked was are the doing qantas psych & skills

CAYNINE
22nd May 2006, 14:25
The guys have to do the same QF garbage as everyone in OZ, so that in itself is an indication that the interview is going to be ridiculous.

I agree, stick to the thread and stop wasting your time, no one here is interested in cheap swipes at fellow Ozzies that in most cases have done it hard lifestyle wise by moving families and sacrificing things that all in Oz still take for granted, Qantas aren't the be all and end all of aviation....tho some think so.

woodja51
22nd May 2006, 14:26
There are a few guys here that are happy to go home on the lower salary,
I think that when you have Ozzy captains with 4000 A330/340 hours and 3000+
heavy jet command - as we do here in the sand -Jetstar are getting a bargain. As far as the psych stuff and that, they are streamling the process too make it easy to get their op off the ground.

If the package was about 30k better they would have no problem at all getting tri's and tre's from here for the slots they need.:bored:

cunninglinguist
22nd May 2006, 15:00
......and kiddies for those of you lucky ( ?? ) enough to get through the phsyc:mad: , you then progress onto the planning exercise.

Apparently the reams of crap you went through to get your ATPL is'nt good enough for the worlds greatest aviation organisation :ugh: :=

Blue-Footed Boobie
22nd May 2006, 18:54
Why someone would take the JetStar interview process seriously is a mystery when this company doesn't return the favour.

If you're not prepared to pay for your ratings, command upgrades and everything else to boot (hence adding value to the company..:ok: ) then they have no intention of giving you a job. So what's the point of doing all the HR crap other than to justify someones job in that department.

Blue Foot

Mr.Buzzy
22nd May 2006, 22:21
The testing is just a token measure to make things seem equal!
Of course these people are going to pass the testing!
This is the one time that the greedy pigs at QF have shelled out a dollar for recruiting, so naturally they will make the trip to the sand worthwhile!
I mean, can you immagine coming back to OZ and having to explain to Dicko that the 4 week jaunt in the sandpit was fruitless?

Planning exercise!!!! Are you serious???? How about renaming that little gem "Ärriving with 30 minutes in the tanks"

bbbbbzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzoinkoinkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

UNOME
23rd May 2006, 00:10
Passing stage 1 is only required for those they don't want!:hmm:

Lists?.....what lists!?!

Pay is confirmed at AUD7500 per month for Capts. Days off in slip ports apply.

Also, you are required to return to F/O after two years.:rolleyes:

drshmoo
23rd May 2006, 00:37
"Return to F/O after 2 years" - isn't that what the original Jetstar Domestic starting captains were told.

I heard that the current recruitment for the A320s, that the pilot has to pay $37k NZ and train in NZ at ones own expense (food & accomodation) while being given no allowance.

Jetstar is not treating its pilots as proffessionals. Very dissapointing:(

petitfromage
24th May 2006, 14:40
Drshmoo you seem surprised?

Cathay will do the same. They are in SYD this week interviewing DEFOs.
Why?
Because they can!

Sadly Aust/NZ has a long history of talking the talk but not walking the walk.
There will be those who slam DECs at EK coming back to Aust as DECs (hypocrits) and there will be 'mates' climbing over each other, back stabbing & bu11****ing, to get jobs at Jet* Int.

The mangers know it and will use this dog-eat-dog history to lower the COS as much as possible. Experience tells them that Aust/NZ pilots have very little of the camaraderie (mateship) they often laud. Its tradgic but true.

Even the good guys are forced to participate or they will finish last.

In the annals of Aust/NZ commercial aviation the many have consistently been let down by the few.

A good long look in the mirror wouldnt go amiss.

*Where you are collectively very good is attacking the messenger.....so I shall standby with tin-hat held tight ;)

PS: for what its worth, Im a A330/340 driver and I quite simply wouldnt come home, in part, to give those well qualified in Oz a break. For me its an integrity issue....que sera sera.

Chimbu chuckles
24th May 2006, 15:50
Never a truer word said....particularly the generation Xers..say sub 35. Seems those of us over 40 were lucky enough to have had the last good years of GA and never learned, or needed to learn, how to stab our way to the top.

It is just endemic these days...hence the vitriol when pilots who have taken their skills around the world decide they might like their kids to grow up free in Australia.

haughtney1
24th May 2006, 16:00
In the annals of Aust/NZ commercial aviation the many have consistently been let down by the few.

A good long look in the mirror wouldn't go amiss.

*Where you are collectively very good is attacking the messenger.....so I shall standby with tin-hat held tight

PS: for what its worth, I'm a A330/340 driver and I quite simply wouldn't come home, in part, to give those well qualified in Oz a break. For me its an integrity issue....que sera sera.

HERE HERE!

A massive part of the reason I left the NZ/OZ scene was for this..and although I fall into the generation X sub 35:} Its always made my blood boil to see people exploited this way.
1. When will we learn? never is the likely answer, human nature is a predictable thing sometimes when it comes to self advancement.
2. Can we make it harder for Jet* and all their corporate ilk? probably..if we stick together...which brings me back to why I left NZ/OZ..as I saw precious little evidence of any integrity.

pakeha-boy
24th May 2006, 16:46
H1....so things havent changed one bit,remember having those same feelings and reasons myself....the "hole" just gets deeper...PB

Blown Seal
24th May 2006, 17:22
Chimbu,

Not for a minute pointing the finger at you, however, how many of your generation joined the domestic majors in OZ immediately post 89?

As an EXPAT gen Xer the state of play in OZ wrt pilot selfishness (backstabbing etc) is directly attributable to the above event.

As an ex-serviceman I say bring back national service.

The Don 2
24th May 2006, 20:09
Blown Seal.............You Dick @#&D

Sonny Hammond
24th May 2006, 21:47
Generation X are doing their best to sail the sinking ship left to them by the BABY BOOMERS!
BB's brought up the GenX and now do nothing but whinge about about the way they carry out their lives.
God help the GenY's. Mind you, they are pretty smart, they'll do something else where you earn money AND get treated with some respect.

Woomera
24th May 2006, 22:15
We've ascertained JQ are recruiting in Dubai this week.

Thanks very much:ugh:

Woomera (Eastern States)