PDA

View Full Version : How do I get in touch with her?

mystic_meg
21st May 2006, 20:58
Recently flew transatlantic Business Class with a major european airline, and was looked after extremely well by a charming, professional and very efficient female member of the cabin crew. Struck up a conversation with her towards the end of the trip, but bottled it when it came to asking for contact details. I would like to get in touch with her, not only to express my gratitude for a job very well done, but also to see if there really was something more tangible between us, which I felt there definately was. Question is, other than writing a letter/email to the Customer Relations of the airline concerned, how can I get in touch on a more personal level? Would a letter of thanks/email automatically be forwarded to her? Would she know who it was from?
Before anyone asks, I'm not some sort of knife-wielding CC stalker, or a desperate man, and I understand that personal security is important to everyone, me included!
I am kicking myself for not offering her my business card, but felt under the circumstances that it may have appeared a bit cheesy..
Any advice?

flybywire
22nd May 2006, 11:07
Hi Mystic...

Please check your PMs!!!!

FBW:)

TightSlot
22nd May 2006, 11:09
Aaaaah - the path to true romance never did run straight. Be careful with this folks - please make sure nobody is mentioned by real name and no private details are posted here in response. I'm sure that mystic_meg isn't a knife wielding stalker, but then he/she would be unlikely to say so if they were...

Global Pilot
22nd May 2006, 13:47
Meg, think you might have missed your chance there. They dont come round that often so live in the moment and just go for it! :ugh:

mystic_meg
22nd May 2006, 14:03
TightSlot,
as I said in my post, security is paramount, and I have no intention of disclosing personal details on this site, or anywhere else. If I find her, all well and good - if not, I shall forever rue the day that I missed a golden opportunity.. :{

cavortingcheetah
22nd May 2006, 17:10
:hmm:

Margaret Lake would have known the answer I suppose.

Anyway , one way of carrying this little affair further could be as follows:

(By the way; I deduce that you are a woman. If you are not then you may wish to make the necessary adjustments to the notes that follow. Do not, I caution you, pretend to crewing that you are a woman if you are, in fact, a man.)

Pop out and buy a rather nice rolled gold Parker or Cross ball point.
Use it for a day just to scruff it up a little.
Wrap it carefully in white tissue paper (most important) with a little note from you to the gorgeous one along the lines of:
'I was in seat Z on X flight. Thank you so much for the loan of your pen. I fear I put it in my handbag just before landing, must have been nervous! Strange that we seem to have found a common acquaintance in London (wherever/whatever). Here is my e mail and telephone number. Perhaps you'd give me a call or drop me a line to follow up this coincidence? You reminded me so much of Candide. I can't wait to tell him.'
Send it by registered express post, as a parcel within a parcel, to Crewing, XYZ airline and so on with full details of your flight. Include a covering note explaining that, of course, you have just found this pen and are desolated to think that its owner might think that she had mislaid it and gone out and spent the money to buy another. etc and so on. Tell them where the crew member sat for take off and landing. (That could be immportant). Provide as much descriptive detail as you can that would allow them to identify her without going too deeply into poetic eulogies!:yuk: .
You may have to couch your request in somewhat pleading terms, but think in what high esteem this paragon of hosties will hold you if this little plot works!cool:
Sit back with bated breathe and await developments.:zzz:
If she is anything other than an intellectual nonentity she will know that 'Candide' is one title of a book written by Voltaire. His other title for the same work was: 'L'Optimisme'.
Good luck Old Fruity!
:E

Rainboe
22nd May 2006, 18:39
Oo you sly thang you!

hardcase
22nd May 2006, 19:55
virgin customer relations will under no circumstances pass on your details to the ccm, no matter how you do itor how innocent. i heard all kinds of scary stories when i used to work for them...if you knew some of them you would know why they won't pass on your details.
looks like you missed your chance

PPRuNe Radar
22nd May 2006, 19:58
You could always use your crystal ball ;) ...... unless that only works for predicting lottery winners :p

Farrell
22nd May 2006, 20:33
Why not go totally out the way and book yourself on a half dozen of the same flights and then you could probably see her again!

mystic_meg
22nd May 2006, 21:54
..tried to reply to your PM, but you need to free up some space in your account first!!

Hardcase: good point and well made. IF I succeed in tracing her, the ball will be very firmly in her court as to whether she gets in touch or not - simple as that. All I can add is that I am 100% genuine and nobody has anything to fear - but then the more cynical amongst you would probably quote Christine Keeller back at me or something..

Farrell: You front up with the dosh, and I'm ready to do it..

FBW: You got mail!!

Left Wing
23rd May 2006, 02:19
always keep a nice biz card case ( LV /Gucci etc cabin crew love a touch of good brands on a man); loaded with your cards handy when flying J class..you never know what might happen & do not wear nylon running suits :ok:

Boofers
23rd May 2006, 19:16
I think someone is trying to wind you up there matey! :yuk: I am a hostie and if someone flashed the ol' louis vuitton/ gucci stuff at me, I would think they are pretty SAD. That's just a personal opinion, mind you! :rolleyes:

hardcase
23rd May 2006, 19:19
LV or Gucci: just means that u have been to Canal street (NYC), Shanghai or Hong Kong, doesn't it

it won't impress a virgin girl :ugh:

mystic_meg
25th May 2006, 16:38
Thanks to all that have replied thus far - a few things happening behind the scenes, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers

MM :ok: