PDA

View Full Version : Question for TFly cabin crew

jur99llk
21st May 2006, 18:46
Hi everyone who works for Thomsonfly.

I´ve been trying to get information about this, but so far I have not got much success.

What are exactly the cabin crew concessions if you are working for Thomsonfly? When I say "concessions" I mean:
1. price for standby tickets on Tfly and on other airlines (for example BA, GB...), and also
2. how much discount you get when booking holidays (flight plus hotel) on the thomson brochure (i´m not sure, but probably the longer you have been working for TFly the higher your concessions are?).

Let´s say i´ve been working for Tfly for 6 months.... how much discount do i get? and how much discount could i get after having worked for 12months? etc

(i´m not even sure if this is the way concessions work in tfly but in Thomas cook you get 1 x 50% discount (holiday plus hotel) when you´ve worked 6 months.... and 2 x 50% after a year.... etc.... until the maximum is 2 x 75% discount)

thank you very much for your help.

if you don´t know the answear, could you please let me know where i can find accurate info about it? i´ve been trying on the thomsonfly worker´s website too but i couldnt find it. And also asked other tfly cabin crew....and nothing.

AirSurfer
22nd May 2006, 19:49
erm where do we start with our concessions,

well they have just bought out the new TUI concessions which are available for crew to transferonto other wise you can stay with the old britannia ones, the old britannia ones entitle you to 25% discount x 2 and then teh rest at 10% ideal if ure a family to take as many holidays a year i believe, also you get service allowance etc on top of that and you can use whats called comission points on that to pay for holiday so all your comission from flights goes into a big pot and u spend it on your holiday instead of having it in your wages

as for the TUI concesssions , you get total amounts of cash for each year of service, so after 3 years you get over 1k towards a holiday at brochure price altho you do have to pay 20% towards any holiday, also i believe they have now bought in what are called NON educational flights x6 a year so ideally thats 6 free flights

forgive me if this is sketchy or a bit wrong but its kinda the gist, i reckon they are great concessions for crew either way,
p.s if ure an initial on the tui concessions u have to be employed for a year i believe

as for sby travel i think its £25 shorthaul to £50ish longhaul but why pay sby if u can use them non educational ones?

if theirs anymore tfly crew out their to add to this please do!!!

jur99llk
23rd May 2006, 09:08
thanks a lot.
- question: non educational flights have to be on Thomsonfly flights or can they be on used on any other airline? and are just for you or you can bring a relative/friend with you?
-also: how much time do you have to work for Thomsonfly to get those non educational flights?
- what tfly department do i have to contact to get/use the concesions?

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks