PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Recruitment Day

Sylphie
21st May 2006, 14:13
Guuuuys I need some serious help!
Before anyone directs me elsewhere, I have already read the Virgin Blue sticky. ;)

I JUST checked my e-mail only to find I am invited to VRD on the 31st of this month for the MEL base aand it's FT. I am dying because it's exactly what I wanted. I thought I was calm about the whole process but now I am really stressing because it all feels so close! What I do in the next ten days will make or break my opportunity to fly with Virgin Blue. So.. I promptly sent back my RSVP but now I have so many questions.

Please will someone humour me with some answers?

It starts at 730am. And registration closes at 815am. This part is easy. I just arrive on time and familiarize myself with other applicants and the recruitment team.. But.. I am second guessing my ideas of what to wear. What is the dress code like? I want to wear a skirt, should I wear tan/pale patyhose or can I get away with black? Should they be sheer or thick?
Having long hair, should I wear it all up or is it ok to wear it half up? I shouldn't consider wearing it down should I? Should I consult a hairdresser for a style and have it shown to me how to wear it? :eek:

Aargh. I feel sick. :(

LucyLou
22nd May 2006, 23:07
Hey Sylphie - Relax girl it will be fine, you will have alot of fun - you just need to breathe! Firstly i do not work for DJ however a lonnnng time ago i did attend an interview - i do currently work in the industry so maybe i can give u some rough tips!! Hope something helps! :)
Firstly your outfit. I believe its always best to wear a nice suit or even suit pants/skirt and nice shirt bc it is an airline, it may not have all the bells and whisles of say emirates or qantas but you still want to make a good impression! Plus its always so cold in melbs!! Youd rather be over dressed than under dressed right?!
Pantyhose are really the least of your worries, as long as they match what u are wearing and look nice then your done... always always carry a spare pair or two, bc u just never know what u might catch them on!! :p
Hair is just an important as your outfit really bc it shows ur level of grooming standards. So make sure if its longer than shoulder length that you tie it all up - a ponytail, bun or french roll is fine, just as long as its neat and tidy youll be fine.
Remember that anyone there could be an assesor so always be on your best behavour and be carefull what you say to people - always be positive! Im sure you will do fine, everyone who attends says its a great day!!
Enjoy and keep us posted!! ;)