PDA

View Full Version : Captain Peter Ovenstone

antiskid
21st May 2006, 08:31
Just heard that Peter Ovenstone has passed away suddenly-what a loss to South African aviation - RIP Captain - you will be sorely missed.

Solid Rust Twotter
21st May 2006, 09:46
Thoughts with the family. One of the characters in SA aviation.:(

flyboy2
21st May 2006, 11:22
My heartffelt condolences to the family.

At least his new Flight-Level is the Ideal.

Skykreeper
21st May 2006, 16:47
He was one of the great Captains to fly with!
May he rest in peace.

zimrat5
16th Jun 2006, 09:34
I have had the true honour and priviledge to have flown with Captain O, and his loss is felt with deep sadness and regret. He was both one of the great characters in aviation and personally that one could hope to meet.

My deepest and heartfelt condolences to his family.

topo di radar
16th Jun 2006, 20:30
As an ATC working in FADN during the upgrades and changes phase ('95,-'97) there was many an occasion when ATC instructions must have been met with frowns in the cockpit..................although dealt with in a relatively amicable manner by all concerned, the one person who always conducted himself like a true professional and gentleman was Peter Ovenstone.

My deepest sympathies to the Ovenstone family.

tired
16th Jun 2006, 22:32
A true gentleman.

RIP, Pete.

ansonmk1
17th Jun 2006, 08:44
Truely a great sadness overcomes me, from his youthful days until I last saw him maybe 10 years back, an aviologist of the first degree. Cheers Pete, head for the DC-3 desk they says all the main manna what count go there first.

Stayinalive
17th Jun 2006, 12:48
Not having the privelage of knowing Pete for very long and not having the opportunity of flying with him, I am just geatfull for the opportunity of having a meal and a few drinks with a man that legends are made of.
Thank you Pete for your encouraging wisdom.
Condolences to family and a multitude of friends in the aviation community.

Hoodatdere
18th Jun 2006, 12:20
Super guy.Good teacher.After- hours -stayer of the old school.Insisted in demonstrating an ILS approach with compass failure.That helped me more than once.Thoughts to all those close to him

DC3Mishkey
9th Jul 2006, 21:34
It is with true sadness to hear of the passing of Aviations finest. I have had the privledge to have known and flown with Peter in recent years. I owe him a lifetime of gratitude for the knowledge that he has shared with me in what is now a tragically short association.

You are sorely missed Pete.

My condolences to the Ovenstone family.

M1.0
1st Aug 2006, 20:19
A big thank you to all for the heartfelt words on the loss of my father . It was my honour to have known him and take great comfort in the way he is remembered . Thank you once again

RSQ
4th Aug 2006, 10:25
Didn't know him well-he did some of my training in the mid 80's. He was a true professional and used the time to teach me things that came in useful in my career. Losing people with this depth of experience is irreplaceable in our industry.