PDA

View Full Version : BMI LHR LONG HAUL

swashbuckler
20th May 2006, 23:39
Hi there

do you guys have an idea of the approximate take home pay when you're a BMI long haul cabin crew based out of LHR ?

what are the perks of working for BMI ?

Thanks muchly

queenvic
31st May 2006, 14:54
Am longhual crew at lhr for bmi.

The pay varies from month to month. We only get taxed on 1/3 of our flight pay.

Can vary for May flightpay was only £340 but for june I have 6 trips and it works out £1040 before tax. Average since aug 2005 is £600-700 p/m flight pay.

dont forget we get london waiting as well and basic pay goes up depending on how long you have been with the company.

hope this helps

swashbuckler
31st May 2006, 15:28
Hello QueenVic, Thanks very much for your answer, it's really appreciable. and yes that helps a lot ;-)..I'd like to work for BMI as long haul CC outta LHR! I'm surprised the salary seems pretty correct, that's a good thing... Could you tell me how long is the layover in Ryahd or Mumbay ? Are the pax agreeable ?? Take care, peace :-)

queenvic
31st May 2006, 20:33
well to get into BMI longhaul is not easy unless you are a chef or a language speaker.

Other than that they do not recruit externally for longhaul based at heathrow.

You must have worked for bmi for 6months before your eligible to apply. Then have to pass a product paper and then an interview.

Regarding the layovers.

RIyadh goes on a mon, wed, sat. So a monday trip is 3nights getting back thursday morning. Wednesday is a 4night trip getting back on sunday morning and saturday is a 3night trip getting back on tuesday morning. return night flight approx 6h30

Jeddah goes on alternate day except fridays. So its a tues, thurs, sun
so tues is a 3night, thurs is 4night and sun is 3nights. return night flight 6hrs

Just during the summer there are extra flights to 8 to riyadh/ and 9 to jeddah (i believe) on a friday this meaning that some of the trips will be shorten to a one night stay.

Mumbai is now daily so we get 23hours in the hotel.

Riyadh is amazing compound. Own private studio, massive swimming pool, golf course, tennis, horse riding, bowling, home brew alcohol. Passengers are very nice. Flights not full.

Jeddah start 18/5/06 not been. 3 crew to a villa :ouch:
not been yet

These routes operated by 767 apparently hard work for crew especially looking after business with 42 pax.

Mumbai nice hotel, start of monsoon season last 6weeks approx. not able to leave hotel due to weather.

Economy always full - pax are very demanding not many understands english hard hard work returning night flight 9h30

hope that helps

anything else please ask.

6chimes
31st May 2006, 23:09
Hi, I can help with the Jedda question, its better than RUH but sharing a bathroom is a no no. Unless we all write in and complain it will stay. The drink is cheaper the villas are better and the food in the restaurant is really good.

apaddyinuk
1st Jun 2006, 00:24
Out of curiosity, are the LH BMI crew still trained for and operate on the sh fleet?

aeulad
1st Jun 2006, 10:53
There are rumbles of flights to a third Saudi city, Dammam on the Gulf coast. Is the most relaxed area of the country thanks to close links to Bahrain. Word is, however, that a narrowbody would be the most appropriate a/c for the route.

Regards

Mike

queenvic
3rd Jun 2006, 13:41
Yes longhaul crew at lhr will exception of csm (in charge) and chefs are trained to do shorthaul and are still licenced to fly. However as we work on one british reg a/c a330 and a foreign reg a/c 767 we can not operate on shorthaul.

queenvic
3rd Jun 2006, 13:43
what is it like damman?

There are rumbles of flights to a third Saudi city, Dammam on the Gulf coast. Is the most relaxed area of the country thanks to close links to Bahrain. Word is, however, that a narrowbody would be the most appropriate a/c for the route.

Regards

Mike

rivaldo
4th Jun 2006, 18:44
pls i need your help BMI CC is BMI recreuting experience arabic speker crew, if yes pls let me know what i have to do to applay or ho i have to contact.thank u all i wish u all happy and safe flight:) :) :)

queenvic
5th Jun 2006, 20:15
well I know there is an arabic speaker doing his training course now for longhaul.

go to aviationjobsearch.com can apply through there or ring bmi training centre and ask

queenvic
5th Jun 2006, 20:16
just read on airliners.net

that man longhaul could close completely and move to LHR anyone know anymore?

Railgun
5th Jun 2006, 21:48
just read on airliners.net

that man longhaul could close completely and move to LHR anyone know anymore?

I would say that is the most likley outcome and will happen as soon as they get more LHR slots.

aeulad
7th Jun 2006, 18:38
DMM layovers would likely entail staying at the Le Meridien Hotel in Al Khobar, it's lovely, but has seperate pools. Alternatively, a compound may be sought as an alternative. The good thing is that you have Bahrain a mere 45 minute drive away:ok:

Regards

Mike

queenvic
7th Jun 2006, 20:52
rumours are bmi are going to be focusing on med-haul routes in the near future.

moscow
lanarca
kiev

are ones mentioned

swashbuckler
8th Jun 2006, 15:48
the rumour also has it that BMI would be impatient to be finally agreed to fly from LHR to the US, so they're rabidly looking for the Bermuda II treaty b/ the US & UK to be annulled....If granted the permission to fly to the US, the 1st destinations would include Miami & NYC. that'd be superb !:D :D
thanks queenvic for sharing your pieces of info :}

queenvic
10th Jun 2006, 09:32
just seen an advert for any russian speakers on avaitionjobsearch

this is in prepation for the moscow route expected to start in nov 2006.

flyme69
10th Jun 2006, 09:42
So if bmi start this service to Moscow, am I right in thinking that it will still be pay on board for all food and drink????? if so, their fares will have to be considerably cheaper than the two flag carriers on the route!!:ugh:

queenvic
10th Jun 2006, 10:12
the moscow will have a designated business cabin

not confirmed if economy will be 'pay on board'. however if they follow the tiny fares policy book early enough should be some cheap deals.

crewboy
10th Jun 2006, 16:19
Hi Guys,;)
I'm on a waiting list for a training course out of LHR, I was offered one last month but could'nt take it, so I hope it wont be long before another one becomes available.

Sorry, the point of my question is, after reading these threads about Long haul closing at MAN and moving to LHR and seeing that BMI are adding new routes e.g. Russia, would I be correct in saying that it's an exciting time to be working or to start working for BMI especially out of LHR? I was looking forward to working for them anyway, but it now seems fab:D

No great reason for my thread just interested to hear what current employees think.

Thanks Guys.
Crewboy x:ok:

queenvic
27th Jun 2006, 09:14
i would go to ba they know how to look after their staff

stephmelton06
2nd Jul 2006, 19:23
hey bmi crew,i have an interview for cc this week any good tips for the interview.Im so excited about it.but nervous all the same.Its my dream job and would be over the moon if i got it!!!!
luv stephanie xx