PDA

View Full Version : Radisson Hotel - Free Broadband WiFi - about time!

Jinkster
20th May 2006, 20:28
http://www.radissonsas.com/cs/Satellite?c=Page&cid=1123657349049&language=en&pagename=RadissonSAS%2FPage%2FrsasSimpleArticle

Just how long will it be for the rest to catch on!

TopBunk
22nd May 2006, 10:47
Jinkster

.... they've been doing this since about mid 2005 to my knowledge. Very welcome move. Maybe if more people with a choice chose to stay with them it would reinforce the message to other chains?

marlowe
22nd May 2006, 13:13
Internet charges are outrageous in Europe most hotels, that have it ,charge for a blanket 24 hour period what use is this? i want to go on line for shorter periods of time and if i have to pay for 24 hours i want a full 24 hour access not paying upwards of £15.00 pound charges when i am asleep and not using it.

Jinkster
22nd May 2006, 17:57
Surely it cannot cost that much for hotels to install a free internet service.

marlowe
22nd May 2006, 18:51
It costs next to nothing to the hotel chains to give free internet access but as long as they can get away with charging why should they? when business people stay at hotels its the company they work for who pay for the access not the person, so they dont care, and nor does the company they work for because they just see it as a business expense. So no need for the hotels to give it away when they have a captive audience paying through the nose.

CargoOne
23rd May 2006, 01:25
From my experience (and I'm tend to stay at Radissons where available) many of them been offering free wifi before campaign. Althouth the last one I've been to in Berlin was saying that's for a limited time and could be cancelled any day.
However I'm a bit tired of dealing with wifi connection at different hotels: sometimes it is for free for anyone, sometimes it is free for hotel guests, sometimes you need to pay a very reasonable flatrate for 24h, sometimes you asked to choose of you want 1h, 2h, 10h, 24h or 1 week ticket (and 24h is about 20-25 quid!), sometimes you can have it only in lobby not in your room. I think it is a time to review hotel stars category certification prerequesties in order to include wifi as must-be-there at 4****, and surely free of charge at 5******.