PDA

View Full Version : Lung function tests

Motions Coming On
20th May 2006, 12:04
Any one know where one get hold of one of those lung function test gizmos from?:confused:

Many thanks....

monkeyboy
21st May 2006, 10:15
Your GP can get hold of one of those plastic peak flow kits for you. I wouldn't have a clue where you'd get hold of the equipment that the CAA use! I presume you're not after one of those?!

MB

Motions Coming On
21st May 2006, 11:01
Just looking for one of those things that your typical AME uses. I think it's just a spring loaded piston cylinder with a scale on it.....any ideas apart from the GP?

Thanks for the reply MB.:ok:

mcken
24th May 2006, 16:52
MCO,

Official Name is a 'Peak Flow Meter'. You can probably buy one over the counter in Boots, but failing that you can search on Ebay and find them much cheaper.

M

monkeyboy
25th May 2006, 16:40
Motions, you can indeed buy one over the counter as Mcken has posted. I've just purchased one over the counter in Boots. I was offered two versions - one was smaller than the other. I opted for the larger model as it looks very similar to the one my AME makes me use. It cost me £12. If you wanted to, it would cost you £6.75 if you asked your GP to put one on perscription for you.

The one I went for was called the Mini Wright and is made by Clement Clarke International. Part No EN 13826.

Motions Coming On
25th May 2006, 18:00
Thanks MC and MB.....exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Perfect!:ok: :ok: