PDA

View Full Version : 3 problems-Shall I start?

747dreamliner
20th May 2006, 11:17
I am 24 and I have two little problems and I am not sure if I can take class I.

I have hearing loss in right ear. (my left ear is OK).
I also have mild mitral valve prolapse(MVP) and very mild regurgitation(not sure about this one). However differnt ECGs showed up different result!!!!
Please answer!

Horatio Leafblower
9th Jun 2006, 13:54
First of all mate, where are you?

I am in Oz. I have had aortic regurgitation all my life and held a class 1 since I was 17 (holy moses, 16 years!). CASA reserve the right to issue/refuse my medical to themselves these days, instead of letting my DAME OK it, but there will be no problem until I have a valve replacement.

Once I go on anti-coagulants the risk of sudden and total incapacitation greatly increases and I will be limited to "With or as a co-pilot only".

PM me for more info if you need.

Cheers

Horatio

747dreamliner
10th Jun 2006, 07:06
Thank you for kind help!
WOW! since you were 17:D I am in SA at the moment, but I can move to OZ if they take it easier there. Actually my regurgitation has never caused me any problem, i only noticed when they did ECG. I have been doing heavy sports for over 15 years and yet no problem! could you please tell me if you got any fast heart beats when you were first being trained or in your first solos? gooooooooood luck!
Cheers,

Horatio Leafblower
10th Jun 2006, 09:57
Fast heart beats?

...or fart hast beats?

No, not compared to the first time Ai waz wiss a laiiidy. :E

Seriously, noprobs like that. Didin't have a clue there was a problem at all until I was 30 or so.

Cheers - as I said, PM me if you want more info.

747dreamliner
24th Jun 2006, 05:56
:ugh: :confused: