PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm Lost!

D.H.Love
20th May 2006, 10:52
Hello all,

I have just registered after being introduced to this site about a month ago by one of those Aircraft grease monkey type's.

Just have some questions to throw out there and see if anyone has the answers.

My dilema is that I'm stuck doing a job that only provides me actual work for around 2-3 hours on a week day and all day Saturday. This work is Loadplanning, Flight operations, Dispatch, Warehouse, Dangerous goods and Loading type of stuff. Something which I now have seven and a half years experience doing. Just to add, the only qualifications are Weight and balance plus IATA Dangerous goods by air.

I have worked at three different airports for various sized operations including a big one.

What else can I be with this sort of experience? I just seem to be stuck in a stagnant company (Location wise) where the only way to get anywhere is to go to Europe, Grow old and wait your turn or risk boot polish poisioning.

Also, has anyone completed any of the courses by AVtech 2000 and are they industry recognised? I want to spice up my CV but don't want to waste £400 in the process!!:ugh:

Any suggestions would be welcome................

Schmoogle
21st May 2006, 19:37
Hi there,

Do the Advanced Ops/Flight despatch course at East Surrey college, or you can do it via corresondence. (C& G 7280) Its wort having, and looks good on your cv. Units: Flight/route/fuel planning. Wt& balance. Scheduled performance. Wx/flt watch/aviation law.

Best Regards

pez1206
21st May 2006, 21:47
I just left East surrey college and didnt even know they did that course, is it a night course?

Whos the lecturer?

Chris

edit: unless you are talking about a N.D in "Airline and Airport Operations" that's what I have just finished and it is NOT a dispatching course. It does teach those uints (and others) but only at a very basic level.