PDA

View Full Version : Fines imposed in Melbourne??

CYHeli
20th May 2006, 06:41
The Mornington Peninsular Shire has had pressure placed upon it to restrict helicopter operations for some time now. The council appears to be fairly measured in their response, asking for feedback from all concerned and so far there have been no fly neighbourlies created, yet.

Today I was asked to confirm if someone had been booked for landing where they shouldn't down on the Mornington Pen. My source tells me that there have been three fines issued, at around the $1,500 mark. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I also don't know if this is related to flights in/out of wineries, or a blantant landing at an illegal location.

Anyone heard anything?

John Eacott
21st May 2006, 10:43
The Mornington Peninsular Shire has had pressure placed upon it to restrict helicopter operations for some time now. The council appears to be fairly measured in their response, asking for feedback from all concerned and so far there have been no fly neighbourlies created, yet.

Today I was asked to confirm if someone had been booked for landing where they shouldn't down on the Mornington Pen. My source tells me that there have been three fines issued, at around the $1,500 mark. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I also don't know if this is related to flights in/out of wineries, or a blantant landing at an illegal location.

Anyone heard anything?

"measured in their response"? :rolleyes:

Call me, I'll relate the tale of another area where landing is becoming more and more difficult, and the authority's answer: issue Penalty Notices, to both pilots and property owners :mad:

Aided and abetted by a helicopter owner with a vendetta......:yuk:

CYHeli
22nd May 2006, 03:58
Some confirmation from the Mornington Peninsula Shire. No official press-release forth coming at this stage, and they didn't want to talk about it. The shire response was that only EMS can land anywhere other than at an airport. :confused:

It appears that the fines were issued to the three pilots AND the winery owner for allowing the helicopter landing.

The legal process continues... :}