PDA

View Full Version : SPOT - Screening Passengers by Observation Techniques

RevMan2
19th May 2006, 17:05
In addition to profiling and the usual database trawling, TSA is training its staff to identify suspicious passengers by their behaviour.

Such as

Passengers who sweat on cold days, blink frequently, have a high visible pulse rate and who appear to be nervous and can’t stand still.

Sounds pretty much like your average airline staff on standby to me.........

:)

G-AVIN
19th May 2006, 18:34
Does this mean that the passenger who is scared witless about the flight and flying will also get arrested on suspicion of being a threat to aircraft safety ?
What a way to enhance your holiday !
:{

Jinkster
21st May 2006, 08:37
I thought they used to say 'never judge a book by its cover' :ugh:

PAXboy
21st May 2006, 13:32
It is interesting to see TSA introduce such revolutionary techniques of close observation of people and weighing their behaviour against societal norms. After all it's only some 200,000 years since Homo Sapiens appeared and started observing other people and weighing their behaviour against societal norms.

As The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created in response to the terrorist attacks of 2001, their rate of evolution is fantastically fast and will soon overtake the rest us. Then they can protect us from us even better. :p

bealine
21st May 2006, 20:19
Now I've heard it all! Most passengers are at least a little bit stressed when they come to an airport - so are the staff for that matter, it's what gives the job its "buzz"!

........allegedly, Mohammed Atta (the suicide pilot who flew one of the aircraft into the World Trade Centre) was as cool as a cucumber when he checked in - even insisting "I must have an Aisle Seat towards the front!"

Perhaps we should start viewing people with suspicion when they ask for an aisle seat with loud alarm bells if they want to be near the front. How about double screening passengers who need to use the lavvy more than once while at the airport!

Bah! Never heard anything so ridiculous - except maybe the TSA which is itself a joke!

Homeland Security My A55!!!