PDA

View Full Version : Netjets forum?

McCusker
19th May 2006, 13:00
I noticed a little while ago that there was a Netjets forum about to be set-up. Then it vanished from the private forums.
With now nearly 600 pilots in NJE and no union/pilot reps. I would have thought that this would have been a good thing?
Not everybody want's to air their dirty laundry in public.

Come-on guys and girls!:ugh:

redsnail
19th May 2006, 15:24
The private forum is on another site.

scambuster
19th May 2006, 20:11
http://jetblasters.com

PPPmember
19th May 2006, 23:14
Would be very productive and good I think to have a privat forum here for the Netjets europe pilots ...

Mr Administrator ..... how is this done .... ??:8

Margarita
20th May 2006, 04:16
They have it here and you can have an access if you are employed.

4HolerPoler
20th May 2006, 08:08
I don't think it was ever set up - Towers was ready to launch it but there is a small yearly administrative fee required for private forums & I don't believe that this was ever forthcoming, hence the dearth of a private forum.

4HP

redsnail
20th May 2006, 09:17
4HP,

With all due respect you're not quite right about the monies not being forthcoming.

We had been sending emails and pm's to those in Admin about the private forum for about 4 months. None of mine were ever answered and my colleague was being given all sorts of excuses as to why it couldn't be done "then". The money wasn't an issue and we were prepared to stump that fee.

PPRuNe Towers did send an email (I know he's been busy) about the forum but he sent it to an old address of my colleague. By this time the troops had been asking us when it was going to happen. We weren't confident that our request was serious, especially when we saw "NEVER" next to the Netjets name.

So, after 4 months we took matters into our own hands and went elsewhere.

The money wasn't an issue. The time taken to reply to us was. That is why it's gone elsewhere. No other reason.

4HolerPoler
20th May 2006, 09:43
I'm sorry Reddo - this is the line that was being given to me by the guys in the Towers. I'm sorry that we lost you.

4HP

PPRuNe Towers
20th May 2006, 19:47
If you're happy where you are that's absolutely fine by us.

However, if it's ever needed, the forum is lurking quietly out of sight in the bowels of the Towers. !0 secs for it to come back on line.

Regards
rob

Flintstone
21st May 2006, 00:39
It was unfortunate.

I believe that there was a fair amount of spring cleaning and software change going on at PPRuNe at the time. Towers had an old email address of mine which he tried to use to respond to a few emails from me asking when we could get the forum up and running. Payment was never an issue. We discussed it after the event, the conclusion was along the lines of 'Oh, bugger'.

Not sure what the 'Never' coment on the forum header was all about.

The forum is purely for NJ employees. Its existence elsewhere doesn't prevent them or indeed anyone else posting on PPRuNe or other sites in connection with the company*, the internet's a big place.

*Subject to the usual legalese of course.:=