PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Explorer Title Page displays first letter only

MTOW
19th May 2006, 07:14
While installing Windows updates, I somehow lost the page title display on Internet Explorer. I've done a search and the only site that offers and solution that might work is an expert forum that charges a subscription, and since other sites that offered answers didn't work, and I'm no expert, I'm trying to avoid joiniing this group for my answer.

Another site said the problem was caised by Google Search. I uninstalled both it and Explorer and re-installed Explorer, (as instructed), but to no avail. I still get only the first letter of the page title on the blue bar at the top of the screen.

Another says to go to the Registry and change HKey Local Machine/Software/(sorry, haven't goy the full string here, but I followed the instructions and the file they mention wasn't visible).

Can anyone offer advice on how to clear the problem?

A V 8
22nd May 2006, 02:18
You could try downloading the correct/latest software for your graphics card.

PC at our flying club does the same. The internet pages are all screwed up size wise. Can't seem to find anyone with admin rights to download new graphics software.:ugh:

Hope that works. If not, there's always system restore!

Spodman
22nd May 2006, 03:01
changing it to classic view removes much of the crap off your screen. Also un-check 'group similar items' on the taskbar.

Windows is craaaaaaap