PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Medical Question?

Greg77
18th May 2006, 18:23
Hi
I recently had my interview for BA cabin crew and have been offered a contract! I was over the moon and raring to go until I read the medical questionnaire. 20 years ago I had Hepatitis B, it was acute and i was only ill for a short time. Anyway I ve had loads of tests over the years and am clear, very fit and Im not a carrier. I even did nursing a few years back and Occupational health gave me the green light. But i'm now worried that BA won't look at the evidence and will retract their offer of employment.
Does anyone know if this will ruin my chances. I'd prefer not to say anything but as you know we have to give consent for them to have access to our medical records.
Can anyone give me some advice? Thx

apaddyinuk
18th May 2006, 18:54
Greg, Dont worry about it. Tick the box on the questionaire that you have had it anyways and give BA Recruitment a call before you send it in for clarification. They will probably ask you to get another check done and a written letter from your GP confirming that all is clear and this will be sent to BAHS (BA Health Services).
But I do emphasise that you should ring recruitment. Hopefully the muppets who were in there when I joined are all gone because they were an incompassionate bunch run by some outside agency but I believe all has changed!!!

Greg77
23rd May 2006, 21:33
Thanks Paddy for your advice.
I have disclosed it and sent the questionnaire back, so it will all hinge on whether someone understanding assesses it.

Do you know of anyone who has had their offer of employment retracted because of a medical condition?

I hope this doesn't ruin it for me, cos Ive waited a long time to get this far.

Cheers again
Take care