PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class 1 renewal in another state (Ireland)

potkettleblack
18th May 2006, 13:11
The attached document taken from the CAA website seems to imply that I can renew my JAA Class 1 medical in another mutually recognised state. I did my initial at Gatwick about 18 months ago but have let it slip whilst studying for my ATPL's and am now based in Dublin so am wondering if I can simply pop into the Mater Private hospital here and get my CAA issued medical renewed or would I have to use a UK AME?

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_MED_JAA_Autho_dates.pdf

Thanks in advance.

7gcbc
19th May 2006, 05:38
I renewed mine (CAA Class 1) with Dr Kileen of mountjoy Sq I believe, under the old CAA regeime, I can't see how the new JAR differs that much, except for bloods ?

anyway, he's in the book, just ring and ask

B737NG
19th May 2006, 21:46
Any JAA member state who follows the JAR-FCL rules is able to let you have a medical where you want to do it. Like in your case a easy task. So best of luck with the medical then.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

Martin1234
19th May 2006, 22:21
Any JAA member state who follows the JAR-FCL rules is able to let you have a medical where you want to do it. Like in your case a easy task.

That is not always the case before you have your pilot's licence issued. Once the pilot's licence is issued, the associated medical can be renewed in any JAA state recommended for mutual acceptance regarding JAR-FCL 3. However, the Irish and UK CAA seem to cooperate quite nicely (as opposed to other European aviation authorities) so hopefully you'll be ok. Just ask and you will find out if you have to go for a trip to the UK.

potkettleblack
20th May 2006, 10:12
Martin1234 - Yeah I think you are right about the "general rule" of JAA medicals being reciprocal after a CPL/ATPL has been issued.

The wording of the attached document appears to bear out the above as well.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_MED_UK_JAR_CPL_Feb-05.pdf

I read somewhere else that the UK and Ireland seem to have a separate reciprocal agreement for the medicals (they do this for the ATPL g/s and CPL/IR tests now) so I should be okay although am waiting on confirmation from the CAA that I don't need to unnecessarily make a trip back.

Thanks