PDA

View Full Version : QF & Eastern's Tamworth Admin' cuts

ausflyer
18th May 2006, 11:59
Any updates with regard to YSTW Eastern (QF) based Admin' staff? Its been tossed around for some time now as to the viability of the regional administration office at Tamworth. Dead wood galore soaking up the hard earned QF dollars out in the New England area???? There's accounts payable, accounts receivable, load factors/yeild, ticketing, dito dito dito............almost 60 staff at last (secret) count. Then there are the "overworked" mechanical maintenance section doing there "very" best to keep the "Dash" fleet aloft.:( There needs to be some bean counting done out here in-light of what's happened at Sunstate & QF mainline ops etc:sad:

Disco Stu
18th May 2006, 12:41
QF did it to the Southern people at Mildura so why not have a go at Eastern at Tamworth.

Any takers on Sunstate being next ?

Disco Stu:\

ausflyer
18th May 2006, 13:54
Just a thought............... why should a desk clerk get paid $58,000 (PA) for answering the phone in YSTW on behalf of QF mainline???? Alan * Yvonne D/Y. They exceed $58,500 to be based in YSTW to do the job that QF mainline staff are doing so well in YSSY. And for what its worth, its all public information that was recently available on the 'net. More to follow for those of you that are to suffer the QF blow in the coming weeks...........

Animalclub
19th May 2006, 06:28
"Staff Travel" rites...............?

"rites"??!! Must be some sing sing!

hoss
19th May 2006, 11:23
a desk clerk earning 58K sounds about right. however as a 9000hr FO who has been with the company for over 4 years and another 2 years to command it's hard to understand why they only pay me 38K net.

ausflyer
20th May 2006, 13:28
Hoss,
The 58k goes only part of the way in the YSTW pecking order. Check on the 'net as to the agreement established between QF/Eastern and its CPA's that are so happily basking in the sun at Tamworth...............................................:eek:

hoss
20th May 2006, 23:27
i'll take your word for it. i have no problem with someone earning that type of money provided they work for it and their position is justified.

another frustration is seeing the staff that put out the 'witches hats' and all the other tarmac handling have the potential to earn up to 70K+, no problem. however, the FO briefing for the full metal IMC departure and all the other things that can happen have a top earning potential of around 50K.

something about perspective................:rolleyes:

ausflyer
21st May 2006, 13:13
"perspective"

Not out here in the New England Ranges....................unheard of.:confused:

AllInGoodTime
21st May 2006, 13:51
Is 38k really what F/O's are getting paid at Easterns, how much do they get on top for allowances etc.
I can't believe that someone with that much experience and responsibility is only getting 38k. It is frightening.
Is REX paying just as badly?

hoss
21st May 2006, 20:30
yes 38K net, that was last years earnings. thats everything including allowances.

AllInGoodTime
22nd May 2006, 01:56
OH my GOD, what is your base if 38k is the total including allowances etc.

I really don't want some poor bugger sitting up the front of a Dash 8 worrying about how he is going to pay the bills in the middle of an approach during winter, in bad weather, at night into some black hole, I want him not worrying about $. When will the airlines figure that they need to pay approriately $38,000 and they also expect you to pay for an endorsement, this is a Frigging joke. Uncle Geoff is on 6 million and one of his Dash 8 pilots in on $5,962,000 less than him. What is wrong with this picture.

Captain Nomad
22nd May 2006, 02:22
AllInGoodTime welcome to Australian Aviation....!! And some people wonder why there is so much doom and gloom on PPRUNE...

I agree totally - somebody please explain to me why it is acceptible that management salaries go continually upwards while they themselves actively work so hard (and successfully) on continually making the skilled pilot wages go DOWN??!!

My wife walked into a government secretarial job the other year in Oz and got paid more than an Aeropelican Captain, RFDS pilot, practically ANY F/O bar mainline... Yep, real fair isn't it?

hoss
22nd May 2006, 02:47
38k net that is after tax, my gross is around 48-50K. that is everything including all allowances. i think the base training pay for a new FO is around 38K gross:sad: .

hoss
22nd May 2006, 12:46
i hope this thread doesn't get a negative vibe.

on the bright side, most of us don't have to work a second job yet. i have to admit though, when i go into Coles these days i always make an effort to smile at the staff incase i have to get a job 'moonlighting' stacking shelves.

:eek:

Sue Ridgepipe
23rd May 2006, 00:09
i think the base training pay for a new FO is around 38K gross:sad: .

I thought the lower training pay was to help offset the cost to the company of providing the endorsement. Now that endorsements are self funded, why should a new hire be paid a training wage when he/she is operating revenue flights just like any checked-to-line f/o??:confused:

hoss
23rd May 2006, 11:17
I stand to be corrected. I cant say for sure but perhaps a 'trainee' actually doesn't earn anything during the initial training process (salary $0k). I believe the trainee now has to pay 8K.

Again, it's not all doom and gloom eventually the pay starts during line training at around 45K. I apologise to you Sue as I was refering to the current Enterprise Agreement 2002 and the appendix in place before the current situation.

:hmm:

Sue Ridgepipe
23rd May 2006, 11:37
No need to apologise Hoss, I wasn't having a go at you, my frustrations are mainly directed at the empire that seem to be fleecing these new hires for all they can. Maybe they need to improve the bottom line some more to justify their bonuses for the year.:sad:

ausflyer
24th May 2006, 08:37
Thank you Sue for your contribution................justified words and well said........

Cheers,

Aus':ok:

Captain Stoobing
24th May 2006, 09:21
allingoodtime...........
I would not worry about the Dash crews thinking about Bill paying in the middle of an approach..........They are all true professionals, like most Aussie pilots.
The money being paid to the regional crews is out of wack with what others with lesser qualifications earn but we have learned to live with it. It does not mean we are happy about it, but it is reality.

ausflyer
26th May 2006, 12:30
Capt Stooby,
Your account is so sobering. :ooh: However, the intent of this post is and was to shed some light on the ongoing salary increases for the regional administration staff based in the New England area. (YSTW) My initial & ongoing concerns are so heart felt for the "true blue" QF mainstream employees that have and will continue to subsidise these country folk. "Australian jobs for the Australian's":ok:

Aus'

ausflyer
28th May 2006, 10:18
Rumour has it that the YSTW crew are not so happy:bored::ouch: ..........anyone got something to add??
Aus'