PDA

View Full Version : Extra crew in EK?

MMMEL
18th May 2006, 10:50
New to the board and just wanting to know if possible flying as extra crew with EK?.
Thanks.

SecurID
18th May 2006, 11:08
Extra crew? What do you mean by that? We are so short of crew that we could do with all the extra crew that we can get!

click
18th May 2006, 12:03
I think what he's getting at is a jumpseat pass. Not a 100% sure but after talking with a few Iberia pilots, they have a paragraph in their collective agreement about the ability to jumpseat as long as you show up in uniform and a valid ID. Cpt's discretion of course, and since they are virtually the only ones to do this at this time...(we are trying to push something like this through the Skyteam alliance) then one can't blame them for turning down foreigners. It's a case of 'you no scratch me, then yuck foo too'.

18th May 2006, 12:21
Actually in Iberia,you can be granted a jumpseat or a first class seat as long as you show up with as little as a CPL..no uniform needed.
Captain's discretion of course:ok:

max AB
18th May 2006, 18:01
Jump seat with EK......absolutely no way!

MMMEL
18th May 2006, 18:16
Thanks for the info, nice to see pilots helping each other worlwide.

EGGW
18th May 2006, 18:20
WE would love to help you, the company (EK) totally forbids doing so, so please don't blame us :ugh: Personally love the Spanish system, muy bien!

EGGW

tarjet fixated
19th May 2006, 00:44
ITALY:
If you manage to get to the gate or under the ironbird on the tarmac you stand a good chance of a JS ride (ID required) and if your company is on the reciprocity list of the airline you are trying to JS on then you just get a boarding pass and a regular seat.

flufdriver
19th May 2006, 02:50
EGGW:

I hear you and it will probably be difficult to turn it around once the company has gotten authority over the jumpseat away from the Pilots. Nevertheless, you (collectively) ought to try and get it back! not only does it facilitate your own travel needs, being able to extend the privilege to a colleague who might recipricate when you're stuck somewhere, is a benefit that doesn't cost the company anything but carries a lot of value for the crewmember.

I give jumpseats to anyone that qualifies, except to those that do not recipricate and claim that the company does not allow it. I have been stuck and turned down by quite a few of my fellow airline pilots in many places, some of these folks look at you as if you are asking them for their first born.

Here goes the saying: Do onto others as you would have them do onto you!

SecurID
19th May 2006, 03:11
errr, well sorry to be pedantic, but it's unto others. Personally I don't want you doing anything onto me. Nothing personal, I just don't. :}

flufdriver
19th May 2006, 03:26
Thanks for that!

Learn something every day!

and there I was, thinking I could start on my third language.

:bored: