PDA

View Full Version : Johston Aviation Services

George_of_the_Bungle
18th May 2006, 09:35
Hey guys,
I've done a fair bit of research and had a good look on the forums for these blokes and they seem to have a pretty good reputation. They also sent out a cd-rom and some other interesting stuff that isn't on their website...Can anyone else share their experiences with this school? Has anyone done their CIR with them? I'm keen on doing my MeCIR on the Baron instead of say, a Duchess....do you reckon this is worthwhile?

Cheers all :O

assymetric
18th May 2006, 10:44
A Baron may get u some kind of a job and from someone who has flown both, the baron is a class aircraft you will enjoy flying it.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
18th May 2006, 15:22
A Baron Endorsement won't get you a job unless you've got the right amount of experience, theres a vacancy and you're not a d1ck ( sorry Dick, i didn't mean you ).

As far as good training and the use of a fast'ish piston, JAS is the way to go, a great learning environment.

I did my CPL and IR there, i never had to work at Maccas or become a male prostitute ( did that one for free ).

You'll have a great time in PMQ.

JJ quote: "Was that the landing or did we just get shot down ?"

Kenneth
18th May 2006, 22:26
I have also done my CIR whith them and have nothing but praise for the crew.:D
Very professional outfit and very down to earth.
You will have a blast and learn a great deal if you apply yourself.

Best of luck and enjoy yourself.:ok:

George_of_the_Bungle
18th May 2006, 23:50
Thanks for the info so far lads. They told me stuff about only 2 people doin the CIR at a time so you can sit in the back seat of the other person's sequences as well as accompanying the charter pilots of the company in actual operations when available...it all sounds pretty good..did you get to do this keneth? :O

AerocatS2A
19th May 2006, 12:05
I did my CIR there, same comments as the others, it was a great experience. Very social with a bunch of us living in the student house. There was another guy doing his CIR as well so we backseated each other's flights when we could. Neither of us went along on any charters though (and it wasn't mentioned as a possibility.)

Kenneth
19th May 2006, 15:11
I did backseat on a few flights ,Taking notes and getting the general idea of things. Also plenty of support and access to the sim if you think you need to brush up on certain approaches or even good to get those checks cemented in the brain!! DITTAGR , PPMCQLCF and good ol FMQDALA. Those will all be second nature after a few days!:E

George_of_the_Bungle
19th May 2006, 22:18
Sounds good....i guess i've made my mind up and will probably do my CIR there later this year. Would you guys recommend doing the GPS NPA and GPS arrival endorsements with the rest of the CIR, or wait until it is needed by an employer and hence tax deductible? It's 2 hrs extra in the baron:O

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
20th May 2006, 08:04
Definately do the GPS/DME Arrival, as far as GPS NPA, wait, very few operators have both TSO GPS's and current data bases, save those pennys.

DeltaSix
21st May 2006, 11:13
Did my PA31-350 endorsement with them a few years back.
Also did some ICUS times with them in their Chieftain.
Pretty descent and professional outfit.

D6

MadBirdCowFlu
22nd May 2006, 05:38
Having a Baron endorsement is going to be a whole lot more use to you than a Duchess, no matter what PIC time you have if you're going to go north. Save your money and hold off on the NPA's until you really need them. In JAS you wouldn't find a better mob to do your training with, have a great time and enjoy Port Macquarie. They'll give you value for your money and they have good contacts within the industry. Enjoy your CIR training.