PDA

View Full Version : BOND Offshore Pay and Conditions

332mistress
18th May 2006, 09:11
There was a rumour that Bond Offshore was having to improve its T & Cs to prevent a mass exodus to Scotia. Has this happened or is it just a promise to happen soon;)

332M

Hummingfrog
19th May 2006, 12:59
332M

They are a quiet bunch at Bond!! Since no one has arrived at Scotia it is probably true:D

HF

Blind
19th May 2006, 16:02
While all the CHC & Bristow payscales and T's & C's are very public information the Bond deals are like joining the secret service.

Not one of them jumped ship though so things must be better over there.

Wizzard
19th May 2006, 17:26
Yes there have been improvements but as you say the Bond guys - even the chatty ones - are reluctant to give details for some reason. New roster pattern from November is the latest rumour.
There were a few bods about to jump ship but IMO pulled out when CHC went up for sale - and I for one don't blame them one bit!
Sale fell through by the way - CHC wouldn't throw in the carpets and curtains:)

JIGSPY
20th May 2006, 18:34
Sorry we aren't allowed to say on Payne of death;)

Jigspy

Jigsaw
21st May 2006, 17:17
Meet me under the railway clock at midnight and ill hand you the microfilm with the payscales.

;)

332mistress
21st May 2006, 18:47
With the size of Bond wages and their lack of yearly increments it wouldn't have to be a very big microfilm;)

332M

Night Watchman
22nd May 2006, 08:59
I have heard its £85,000 for a SAR P1 on jigsaw with 1 week onshore and 1 week offshore followed by 2 weeks off.

Still not enough for me. One week on the Miller platform with nothing to do apart from the odd training flight and getting airborne to allow rig flights in occassionally is not job satisfaction!

However some guys are happy with it so good luck to them.

NW

TheFlyingSquirrel
22nd May 2006, 10:09
imagine the tax on that !!:ugh: :ugh:

JIGSPY
22nd May 2006, 10:52
NW

I think you'll find it is nearer £70000 with £50/day spent offshore with a 2 weeks on rig, 2 weeks off, 4 days Abn duties, 3 days off - then repeat. Only 2 weeks leave:eek: . We have a secondary role of supporting some unmanned rigs but we haven't been able to visit one because of weather and tech problems.

Plenty of talk of Scotia's land based HMCG contract so pay may go up to keep people.

Agree with you on rig life - boring but we do get the odd job - had one yesterday

Jigspy

angelonawire
22nd May 2006, 17:21
Your post gives the impression that you are a bond captain that knows the score, however some of your facts show some flaws. The engineers are on over 80k ;)

SASless
22nd May 2006, 17:55
With the loyalty shown to pilots, engineers, and Winchmen in the past....no wonder folks will follow the coin. You reap what you sow as it has been said.

rotatingthing
22nd May 2006, 18:49
As angelonawire has pointed out I think you are not as involved in the Jigsaw project as you make believe Jigspy. :=

Hummingfrog
22nd May 2006, 18:50
Angel

Bond paying engineers £80K now who told you that and was it 1st April. ;)
Hope you have recovered from being a human conker:eek: and I presume you are now working for Lord Melchett:E

HF

Suckmabobby
23rd May 2006, 07:52
Agree with you on rig life - boring but we do get the odd job - had one yesterday

Jigspy,

I heard you robbed that job off the hard working heroes of Lossiemouth anyway!

Impress to inflate
23rd May 2006, 21:40
I've heard that BP did not want to loose any pilots and have waved a "wad" of cash under there noses to stay. BP are also paying the overtime bill until an almost equal time is in place.

You would have to pay me £500 a day not £50 to live on a BP rig with there anal rules and regs

ITI:ugh:

cyclic
23rd May 2006, 22:08
ItoI

Who told you it was £500? That was a secret:oh: