PDA

View Full Version : QAN share price.

Elroy Jettson
18th May 2006, 08:38
While management types pontificate as to why the share price is south bound, I thought my learned collegues at the "PRUNE" may be able to help them out with a few home truths.

Thought we could list a few of the more recent mistakes that may have led investors and institutions to dump their shares in the wake of doom and gloom comments from the chief.

If I may, I will kick it off with a few clangers. Feel free to add to it! :}

Classic refurb
Jetstar Asia's bottomless pit
330 floor mods
Charging premium customers skybed prices when they werent fitted to the A/C
Failure of AO as a viable entity
Losing market share to an opposition it created. (Or to look at it another way, still flying the same people, but getting less money for it).
200 mil losses at QF IT
Staff engagement survey handling
Hiring Jamie Packer, the laziest and most truant board member in Aussie corporate history
Sacking engineers and then wondering why nothing gets fixed in SYD
Sacking people, and blaming the price of fuel
Lobbying the Govt for protection, while accusing the opposition of being protected

That should get the ball rolling on some constructive criticism! :ok:

Redstone
18th May 2006, 09:07
I have a sneaking susspicion that GDs kpis are based on cutting costs, and not share price performance. I am sure if it were the latter, then the Qf share price would be a fair bit higher (as this would be the focus of his potentail bonuses)

the shaman
18th May 2006, 12:31
Elroy one more for the list : fat and greedy exec management who pay themselves too much.

Elroy Jettson
19th May 2006, 00:57
Ah yes, thank you Shaman, the 60% pay rises they gave themselves while advocating the belt tightening for the tough times ahead! :hmm:

qcc2
19th May 2006, 01:02
we have an external consultant advising on excecs pay. have you ever met a consultant who would advise to cut wages. that would put him out of business.:ok:

Animalclub
19th May 2006, 06:11
At the time of hiring, "Consultants" are told of the result the company wants to hear and the "Consultants" have to justify it. The company then states that the "Consultants" said we have to do so and so.

Otherwise why hire 'em.

Elroy Jettson
19th May 2006, 07:17
Pigs at the trough, rort, any way you look at it. :mad:

Can someone pass on the phone number of this "Consultant" to the JPC? Hang on, they already voted... :rolleyes: