PDA

View Full Version : Kenya: Campling Brothers & Van der Vaal

olh
18th May 2006, 06:09
Hi!
Is there anyone out here that can shed some light on the history of the Kenyan operator Campling Brothers & Van der Vaal. I am trying to research the operation for distant relatives.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Harald Olsen
Denmark
[email protected]
www.harald.olsen.dk (http://www.harald.olsen.dk)

B Sousa
18th May 2006, 14:11
Internet search:

http://www.fungasafari.com/Page5072.htm

olh
18th May 2006, 15:11
Campling Brothers & Van der Vaal Reply to Thread
Hi!
Thanks for responding so quickly!
Although I see your obvious connection to the company, is there anywhere else you know of, that I could visit or contact to find out more about the company, its history and people?
Thanks for helping me out!
Yours truly
Harald Olsen

B Sousa
18th May 2006, 17:00
Sorry, but I have no connection. I just surfed the internet and found that reference. Suggest you contact the folks who posted the site..

smallfry
19th May 2006, 08:28
Another internet search gave me this name. I don't know whether he is still alive or anything, but you can try....

David Power. Spent 4 years in RAF as fighter pilot (including Suez in '56) Two years Campling Bros then 15 years with East African Airways, 10 years with Gulf Air all as a Captain. Now retired and living in Engadine, New South Wales. [email protected]

smallfry
26th May 2006, 14:05
This months Aero Club of East Africa News letter has this included...

Keith Campling and the Story of Aviation in East Africa:

One of the leading icons of aviation in Kenya was Keith Campling who was the first engineer and pilot to open a charter company at Wilson Airport after the Second World War. He was quite a character and all this is described in a recently published book by Joan Wedekind entitled:
Keith Campling and the Story of Aviation in East Africa.
This well-written publication is now available at the Aero Club in both hard and soft cover editions. Dozens of aviation personalities, many still active and well-known to you, are mentioned in the book. So, order your copies now. They are moving very fast but the Club will order more if demand persists. Costs are Kshs. 2500 for the hardcover version and Kshs. 2000 for the softcover version.

you can contact the Aero Club via

[email protected]

B Sousa
26th May 2006, 15:45
Can we get a couple cold Tuskers with a purchase of the book??

olh
26th May 2006, 19:12
Hi all!
Thanks everybody, I've got all the angles I need for further research.
Great!
Harald