PDA

View Full Version : SunState conditions (QantasLink)

Ejector
18th May 2006, 04:40
I have some questions about Sunnies.

Do you work the same in the Brisbane / Cairns bases and what would a typically week be? Is the roster organized well?

Any idea of what the interviews are like?

As a junior FA what salary would you make?

Thank you very much. :)

sebby
18th May 2006, 08:39
Hey there,

Im not completely up to speed with sunstate salaries at the moment but you do get more than 30k per year as your base salary and there are a few overnights available to make that ammount go up, aswell as regular daily flying pay.

Interview process is similar to most airlines, group, panel, medical and security. They do emphasise how different it is working for a regional carrier and for that the group assessment involves written question and answers on situational awareness and how you would work as a sole flighht attendant/ sole person problem solving.

Regional flying is difficult with single or 2 operating crew so they want to know you can handle anything thats thrown at you.

I hope this helps, im sorry i couldnt have been of more assistance..

Ejector
20th May 2006, 02:14
So looking at around $30k, plus standard overnight meal allowances, and what about this regular daily flying pay? Is it significant and how much is it, ball park figure will do?

Any tips on how much duty, how many overnights would also be help full.

Also, Do sunnies have big long hold files????

sebby
22nd May 2006, 09:37
Im not sure on the hold file, you are probably aware of the recent aircraft upgrade in size so I have seen some feirce recruitment recently. The ground schools are small though.

The flying pay is around the $4.25 per hour from sign on to sign off at home base (ie if you sign on monday in CNS and dont sign off again until wednesday in CNS you would get paid $4.25 for each hour you are signed on away from CNS, which covers all incidentals and there is the grooming allowance and a telephone allownace payable each fortnight. (dont quote me on these figures).

I would think 5 - 10 overnights per roster, and allowances could potentially add up to 8-10k per year, tax free of course.

You can search for the current Sunstatte EBA on wagenet.

Gloria
2nd Jun 2006, 03:25
Does anyone know if Sunstate is currently recruiting or about to. Heard that a new base in Canberra was to begin and that they are recieving more aircraft for their operations. Any news would be great!!! Regards

Madam Lash
2nd Jun 2006, 11:18
For those interested in Sunnies,
Yes they are recruiting and especially for the CBR base, I believe they have just had interviews down there.
As for overnights, the rosters are fortnightly and the average overnights are 2-3 per fortnight sometimes up to 4 (which is REALLY good) if you are based in BNE. If you are based in CNS it can also be 2-3 overnights but they only have a TSV and a BNE overnight. A CNS-BNE trip is normally only ever 1 night/2 days. Average hours - total duty time, not just flying time usually amount to 45-55 per fortnight maybe slightly more if reserve days are used. It apparently is a great place to work, people are really nice and the conditions are really good. However as with Eastern Australia Airlines if anybody thinks it's a quick fix into mainline, FORGET IT!!! From what I believe annual salaries can be around $42kish and up depending on years of service.
Good luck to all that apply!! :) :) :)