PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Question

Wyler
17th May 2006, 17:53
Flying out to the Middle East in Oct. Going from Newcastle to Oman, via LHR with BA. Happy with the connection routine at LHR and happy that I can check my bags all the way through from Newc. 3 questions:

1. If the internal flight is late, will BA automatically rebook us onto another flight?
2. If the rebooking involves a night stop in London, pse confirm that BA is responsible.
3. Coming back, can I check my bags from Oman straight through to Newcastle or do I have to pick them up at LHR, as that is the point of entry into the UK?

Even though I have travelled all over the world, I am a pain in the a*se with arrangements. I like to plan for every eventuality and be where I need to be hours in advance.:rolleyes:

Globaliser
17th May 2006, 19:34
3. Coming back, can I check my bags from Oman straight through to Newcastle or do I have to pick them up at LHR, as that is the point of entry into the UK?I can speculate about the other two, but here is the answer to this one: You do not have to collect and re-check at LHR, so they can be through-checked to NCL. Your checked bags will technically clear Customs at NCL, although you will clear immigration at the Flight Connections Centre at LHR (and, technically, your cabin baggage clears customs at this point).

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
17th May 2006, 19:41
Wyler

1 and 2 - As long as it is not your fault that the flight is late, BA will do the neccessary and put you up at their expense and rebook. Expect long queues at the service desk if your flight is very late. What is your transit time at LHR? I often find I need a good 90 mins for baggage to transfer, especially T1 to T4.

Travel Agent
17th May 2006, 19:47
Last time I came through LHR my BA flight from MEL/SIN was 11 hours late (after a delay and then diversion to DXB) and I made the last connection back to NCL by 26 minutes (that was the time between us getting off the plane and boarding the domestic one). We transfered via flight connections and went straight to the gate. To my amazement my luggage was waiting for me at NCL lol

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
17th May 2006, 20:06
Travel Agent

Jeez. I've come back from Oz twice via SIN on BA recently and the luggage has not made my domestic connection, 2 hours later. I'm getting used to my name being called out in the baggage hall when I get back to my local!

Wyler
18th May 2006, 06:38
Thanks all. I have 2 hours at LHR outbound so all should be well. Famous last words.

Currock Base
18th May 2006, 21:16
Wyler - the answer to all 3 questions is yes. For automatic read - should be automatic and usually is, however sometimes need encouragement. Don't worry it will be fine.

Currock Base

GlobalConnex
26th May 2006, 21:08
The answer is 'YES' to all three questions PROVIDING your journey is booked on one ticket, i.e. you only have one PNR. If you have two separate bookings for the flights, then the answer will be 'NO' in all three cases.