PDA

View Full Version : Here is a challenge

VH-GRUMPY
17th May 2006, 11:00
Some years ago - over a beer or three - the CFI of an un-named aero club suggested that we should set up a Guiness Book of Records bench mark for the fastest flight over three official post offices.

The idea was to take off from runway 35 in Canberra fly over the RAAF post office on the military side of the aerodrome - about 250 metres off to one side of 35 - break left at 350 feet (ATC would of course be facilitating this low level circuit); get over the top of the Campbell shopping centre PO - downwind for 35 at 500 feet - left to base for 35 over the PO at the Royal Military College; report base for full stop and be back over the numbers in about 4 minutes.

His idea was the the Yanks would definately give it a go and we should raise some money for a charity - I think we gave it away after another 6 beers.

But then - maybe some of the Canberra guys would like to try!

:}

No Further Requirements
17th May 2006, 11:05
Problem - RAAF Fairbairn and all its facilities no longer exist as a functioning RAAF base. The buildings and land have been sold off. The only thing the RAAF owns there now is a big, new hanger for the B737s and Challengers, with an apron and an admin block.

Sorry to 'rain on your parade' :}

Cheers,

NFR.

Creampuff
17th May 2006, 21:00
30/RMC/Kingston/Fyshwick/35

Disco Stu
18th May 2006, 00:16
Let me guess

the CFI of an un-named aero club

Would he have been known by a "Possum" callsign in another place?:rolleyes:

Disco Stu
"Green ON, Go.

VH-GRUMPY
18th May 2006, 02:08
Correct Disco - and you really wanted to avoid his Col. Puff drinking game. I saw many student pilots come to grief accepting that challenge.

:eek:

Arm out the window
18th May 2006, 04:05
I drink to the Cardinalsh Puff for the ... hic ... third an' final time ...

Disguise Delimit
18th May 2006, 11:07
Come on, AOTW, if it is the third and final time, you would have been drinking to Cardinal Puff Puff Puff.

Jeez, the boggies today have got no freakin idea how to have a drinking game...