PDA

View Full Version : Companies hiring 200h pilots

Allioth
16th May 2006, 20:00
Hi guys,

Fast question to those who have a lot of airline employment experience...
Are there many airlines that hire brand new FATPL pilots with 200h???

I mean, I red a lot of threads regarding job offers after finishing Oxford or CTC or Cabair... That means after REALLY finishing the school??? With just 200 hours TT???

I'm asking because I'll start the training in Stapleford in a few months, and... If those at Oxford can get a job with just 200h, I can get it too, right??? And with the optional TR 73-700 plus 100h on type, should put me well ahead... Right?

What do you think guys... I'm really worried about this doubt I have... I always check in job magazines and I always find the minimum requirements so far from what I'll get...
500h on type is the minimum I've found, and just Ryanair, as far as I know, is hiring people with just 200h, IF THIS IS TRUE... Because I was working as cabin crew for them and talking everyday with lots of pilots... No one of them was fresh from a ab-initio course...

Please, need assistance! http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon11.gif

Thanks
Allioth

TruTh747
16th May 2006, 20:27
Hi,

Check out this link :

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/career/career-03.htm

Truth747 :ok:

Lucifer
16th May 2006, 20:49
CTC place people - hence high selection standards to ensure that all can be used to fulfil the demand with their partner airlines.

Oxford, Cabair and Jerez have been tailored for (predominantly) BA's requirements for years (now catering for the broad range of airlines seen in the link) and the end product is a known quantity that can be used straight onto type ratings under pressure.

Stapleford is linked into Astraeus for example, such that those who are most capable are cherry-picked by Astraeus/others. All others see below.

Top students at larger modular schools with one training record are able to move into jobs quicker in a similar, though slightly less quick, progression than the Oxford & Jerez schools, where more is done off their own backs.

Employability at 200 hrs is all about training risk - is the student a known quantity, and capable of flying on the line.

I cannot comment on the quality of the product from Stapleford - Astraeus people might for example, but personality depending, integrated guys will be recruited first in general as it is a known quantity being recruited.

TR with line training - fine, but many other airlines will require that you are re-type trained to their operating requirements.