PDA

View Full Version : Head on Block for Cox?

Turbo 5B
16th May 2006, 12:44
I heard a rumour tonight that the head of Qantas Engineering was skating on thin ice following last weekend and unserviceable A/C.
Anyone know more?

Redstone
16th May 2006, 20:47
What's the drum Turbo? What went down last weekend? Have heard no whispers on the vine, but would expect D.C. to be "spreading the wealth" to some of his minions if the knives were out.

qf 1
16th May 2006, 20:52
I think it's got something to do with the fact he F@CKED up his numbers with the closing down of Heavy Maint of Sydney and there isn't enough people left to keep the current fleet serviceable,apperently there has been a few aircraft sitting on the ground requiring attention,and there is no one around to sort out the defects.There is also a further 160 people leaving this Thursday and Dixon cannot reverse the desecion on the closure because it will make him look bad,so COX is the goose with his head on the block

Redstone
16th May 2006, 21:08
Aahaa, well it's not like Qf management to act first then ask questions later..... is it?

Sounds like a total B@lls up.......

Not surprised.

YesTAM
16th May 2006, 21:19
(Sigh) It will not be the first or the last time that company management has taken an axe to an organisation and cut off the wrong bit.
It usually comes about through bad management accounting practices that produce an erroneous picture of where the costs in an organisation lie, coupled with a management that is so out of touch that it fails to understand what will happen when the offending bit is cut off.
I strongly suggest that those who are leaving take each others telephone numbers and email addresses and think about setting up your own labor hire organisation - in fact if you had a union worth the name, they would do it for you.
Just remember when your employer comes cap in hand, you want full continuity of service if you return, and if they want you on contract, then your rate will be double what you were being paid before.
You will need that extra money to "incentivise" yourself won't you :)

qf 1
16th May 2006, 21:34
that's assuming anyone wants to come back after the sh!t that they have served up the last few years,i think Qantas have burn't those bridges

king oath
16th May 2006, 23:24
Sounds a bit like a circumcision that went wrong. Cut off the wrong bit.

With a name like that above it fits.

Turbo 5B
16th May 2006, 23:27
It appears that before the announcement was made that the maintenance would be shifted to AVV that nobody asked Avalon management if they had the numbers or ability to carry out the Cand D checks ...and the super As...
Answer would have been "NO".:=
Now CASA is onto them for lack of supervision an has told them that they require another 20 plus snr LAMEs.
Likely scenario could be Avalon now only does Super A checks and some C checks and every thing else gets shipped offshore.
The delay in shutting Sydney has given Qf a breather because they are geting some aircraft out, but it only takes a small hiccup and everything goes to sh!t

domo
17th May 2006, 01:44
Its hard to be focused when rome is burning
there is no parts in the stores
most normal people are disengaged
only people who care are the idiots who think they are going somewhere
the mangers ARE under pressure because the only lisen to YES men
get out talk to the normal workers and fix the place up

Bolty McBolt
17th May 2006, 03:12
Cox on the block..

Is this a repercussion for the QF31 being canxed 2 or 3 times in the last fortnight..

Anybody know the reason for an over booked ( read, staff travellers night mare) flight would be cancelled???

soldier of fortune
17th May 2006, 07:15
i think this only a rumor -qantas are forging a head with the reduncies- to far down the track- -with avv not up to the task of all the chks being completed-more aircraft will go oversea's--but who will go with them thats the question i want to know?

B A Lert
17th May 2006, 07:27
Cox on the block..
Is this a repercussion for the QF31 being canxed 2 or 3 times in the last fortnight..
Anybody know the reason for an over booked ( read, staff travellers night mare) flight would be cancelled???

Yes, no good for Staff Travel but I understand these cancellations were planned so as to adjust capacity with demand and to save money. For the same reason, have A330-300's recently been subsituted for B747's on some Tokyo flights?

BHMvictim
17th May 2006, 13:08
I strongly suggest that those who are leaving take each others telephone numbers and email addresses and think about setting up your own labor hire organisation - in fact if you had a union worth the name, they would do it for you.

Hmmmmm QF gets what they want. Dump the employees and bring em back on a contract. Nice.

Anyone know who is behind Aviation Labour Hire Group, who have suppled contractors to the BNE facility? There are suspicions that it has ben set up by certain QF managers.

YesTAM
17th May 2006, 21:31
What are Mr. Cox's qualifications? Is he an aeronautical engineer or suchlike?

Turbo 5B
18th May 2006, 09:32
I think he killed ansett then moved to qf.

B A Lert
18th May 2006, 10:31
I think he killed ansett then moved to qf.

He has always worked at Qantas. Is an Aero Engineer and also has business quals of some kind.

AN LAME
18th May 2006, 11:15
Turbo, you're thinking of JV

the shaman
18th May 2006, 12:23
It appears that before the announcement was made that the maintenance would be shifted to AVV that nobody asked Avalon management if they had the numbers or ability to carry out the Cand D checks ...and the super As...
Answer would have been "NO".
Now CASA is onto them for lack of supervision an has told them that they require another 20 plus snr LAMEs.
I would say bollocks to lack of consultation with AVV management , rumour has it that they think they can do anything down there, perhaps the issue of mature and capable management should be examined.:(

CAYNINE
22nd May 2006, 03:39
Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.....ah Karma, fantastic thing Karma!!!

All regional pilots should raise their glass and celebrate if and when he gets his just deserve.
:ok:

Toluene Diisocyanate
22nd May 2006, 03:51
All regional pilots should raise their glass and celebrate if and when he gets his just deserve.

I think you mean a different Cox, Caynine? :E

CAYNINE
22nd May 2006, 03:56
Nope, he was involved in the regional airlines port folio in the late 90's that saw many get shafted and started the ball rolling then Kumar took over the reins and finished the job off.

same pock faced guy!

Turbo 5B
24th May 2006, 12:21
Again I heard today that he is not flavour of the month. Is he gone or what?

Eagleman
28th May 2006, 00:48
Dave Cox isn't going anywhere, he is doing the job GD wants of him. To move Maintenance off shore. That is his job, Little Alan has to introduce AWA's. The CP will go and be replaced by a non-flying GGM, just like in JQ and Eastern.