PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Email problem

DX Wombat
16th May 2006, 11:32
I would welcome any ideas about how to stop this happening as it's very irritating for the unfortunate recipient.
When I send an email using my PPRuNe email address it seems to have difficulty understanding the apostrophe (NO Greengrocer jokes please) as the in example below:
You didn’t ask,
Ah! Well that’s another tale.
I can't use my usual email address to send email to this person as his ISP has blocked Freeserve (Wanadoo).
The text looks fine when it leaves me but arrives looking like that at the other end :(

rugmuncher
16th May 2006, 13:46
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/catalog/images/fixcomputer-icon.jpg

:ouch:

DX Wombat
16th May 2006, 20:23
Don't worry Rugmuncher, you won't need to fix them, both of them are working just fine thank you. I just need some ideas about why this is happening and how I can stop it.

timmcat
16th May 2006, 21:56
Just how many times have I told you to bin that keyboard wombat! :=

I don't use the pprune pilot mail myself - perhaps we need to find out if anyone else is having the same problem. I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue local to your machine.

DX Wombat
16th May 2006, 22:31
Just how many times have I told you to bin that keyboard
It wasn't THAT keyboard Timm,:* it started with my LAPTOP! :\ :{ It's all very odd. :sad:

BlueDiamond
17th May 2006, 02:25
Just tested that out from my Proon email address to my private one and didn't have a problem. That's a really weird sort of glitch to have. :suspect: Does it happen with every person you send emails to from that address because if it's just happening with one person, it might be their problem rather than yours.