PDA

View Full Version : New machines for Queensland rescue

imabell
16th May 2006, 06:01
emergency services queensland, yes they have changed their name, very smart, now queensland is at the end instead of the beginning, very multicultural.

anyway they are or are about to order 3 aw 139's at $12million us each.

one casa foi has shifted camp and takes up his new position with erq prior to delivery. don't know how soon that is.

my info comes from italy just for your info.

:ooh: :ooh:

maxeemum
16th May 2006, 07:03
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1. Sea sprite, lemon, waste of $$$$, poorly managed defence contract, political posturing gone terribly wrong (don't get me started).

2. A-139-Non Lemon, works fine, does what the sales men says it will do,will achieve certification for SPIFR, can be configured to be compatible for ops with NVG, FLIR.

:confused:

Max

Blackhawk9
16th May 2006, 07:13
Funny how the QLD Government has a major budget shortfall in health but can buy new AW139's when new 412EP+'s would do the job for half the cost, the AW139 is over the 5700 kg max takeoff weight cut off so unless CASA has changer the rules since the last time I looked it will be 2 pilot IFR, and an engineer will have to do ,Before flight ,Turn around and After flight inspections like on the other biggies like the AS332 and 214 ST, so QLD Rescue will be employing copilots and more engineers as you will need 2 engineers at each base to operate them on 24 hr ops and also need at least one fulltime avionics engineer as the AW139 will be GRP 20 inst/elec engineer group, funny how they can find the money to buy 3 new a/c employ about 20 new copilot/engineers, but the health department is in a mess with no money!!

P.S. this is not a shot at the guys from QR but at the QLD gov .

Wallaby
16th May 2006, 08:41
If EMQRH are going the way of the AW139 then good on them. Finally an employer puting the lives of the crew ahead of the bottom line. How would you like flying a 50's technology piece of sh@# 412 with the full knowledge that if you have an engine problem coming off the Mater hospital pad with a team and crib on board, you are probably going to die. If the rumours are true, then it sounds like the Qld Govt should be congratulated. If they do get 139's and go auto hover and NVG's, its just going to add to the safety culture of the organisation and provide a better and safer service to the people that utilise the service. The last thing we need is any more EMS accidents in this country. I for one, enjoy coming home to my wife and kids at night, and anything that can improve the chances of that happening is good by me. Any openings??????

maxeemum
16th May 2006, 08:58
I'm with Wallaby.

When QR finally get NVG included in the OPS Man and AOC, Folks that are NVG qualified will be marketable. At present only a small proportion of QR's ranks have ever used or been trained in NVG.

Bring It on!!!!!!!!

:D

trackdirect
16th May 2006, 11:40
MR SELFISH,
The job ad was out in the Australian a couple of months ago and it was also on AFAP, It was for a check and training bloke....with ME training approvals and all the other bells and whistles.
The long white clouds might have been obscuring your view:ok:

It's about time we got some more modern technology in the country:D

noooby
16th May 2006, 13:26
Er, Blackhawk 9, the last time I looked at the sticker price of an AW139 (last week during acceptance actually), it came out cheaper than a 412EP with the same equipment fit (granted it was a multi machine buy). No brainer really. 4-axis in flight test, certification expected by 4th quarter 2006. Limited Icing certification on the way soon. No airframe mods required, just an icing warning probe, and possibly a heater mat on the windscreen, or a fully heated windscreen (which would help with full icing cert anyway). Probably not relevant to Queensland though :)
Nothing wrong with having an Engineer to do your before flights, turn arounds etc etc. Might even be a good idea!! Shock horror!!
Having worked with both 412's and 139's, not having a mech around everyday with a 412 is not a good idea. They always break something!! :ugh:

Oogle
16th May 2006, 16:49
if you have an engine problem coming off the Mater hospital pad with a team and crib on board, you are probably going to die

Don't agree. The Mater pad is one such site you will probably get away with it.

Different story if the PA Hospital started doing neonatal transfers (ground based HLS).

I think the Govt. has to work out its priorities. Good on them though if they can get the funding for them.

imabell
16th May 2006, 22:29
mr. selfish,

i remember an ad for a deputy chief pilot for qr a few months back. maybe thats the position.

anyway he'll be up today so i'll ask him. not official. i am officially a very old bastard today so we are all having lunch at the hangar. see you when you get home.

CYHeli
17th May 2006, 06:54
IMABELL, you and I haven't met, but anyway, happy birthday for today! 60 ! :D
I hope lunch went down well.

CYHeli.
ps, sorry to distract from ESQ thread. Do they really think that being an esquire (ESQ) will make them look good?

bellfest
17th May 2006, 07:39
beep sshhcctt beep "one small step for esq, one giant leap for australian helicopter industry" ssccht beepbeep :ok: :D

robsrich
17th May 2006, 09:34
Have a great 60th.

As I said today, you are really only 50, but you have had a hard (and fun) life!

In fact you do not look 60 at all!

Congrats