PDA

View Full Version : When to apply?

californiadreaming
15th May 2006, 20:18
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the information and advices that everyone have been posting. They are most helpful!
I have a question of my own and I would appreciate any advice from you.

I grew up in Hong Kong and live in San Diego now and I want to apply to CXCPP.
I will graduate from university in June 20th and will begin my full time job in July 24th. In between graduation and beginning of my work, I will be travelling to central america with some friends.

I heard that cathay has a special scheme for overseas candidate where they speed up the interviewing process.

Should I apply now and postpone my start date, hoping for an interview in late July or August? Or should I start work anyways and just fly in and out of Hong Kong in the event that I get invited for stage I, II, III etc?

I appreciate any advice on this problem. Thanks!

K3nnyboy
16th May 2006, 10:11
well i suppose if you apply now, it takes about 1 month the quickest for them to get an reply to you, that would bring you to mid June, then you still got a month to prepare for your intervew....should have enough time i suppose.
Personally i don't see a point of waiting for a later time to apply, if you wanna do something, just do it!!

Lowspirited
16th May 2006, 10:35
i found out from personal experience a rejection letter is much faster than interview reply :ugh: well its been 1.5 years maybe i should apply again :confused: