PDA

View Full Version : GF starts hiring DEC again???????

MagsOffBatOffFockOff
15th May 2006, 19:06
Heard today between the branches that the GF 767 FO's will have 6 new friends. Apparently 6 DEC are planned to join our great family. Can somebody denies that rumour please? It would make a bunch of unhappy campers me think.
:= := := := := := := :=

JoeJack
16th May 2006, 20:55
Well, well... here we go again...

I believe our A/HOFO who is a reader of this forum wouldn't be very keen to answer this until these fellas are here in the induction course... "...ops!! Now it's too late sorry!!.." ...this mentality is still around here...

Interesting to note that also the so called "temporary pilots" (aka CPTs A330/A340) had their contracts extended until their 60th birthday. This is a very promising:E situation for us who have been around 5-6years as well as for the new joiners, who might face same time (or even longer, depending on what happens to fleet size) for command.

The VPO came with a letter a couple of months ago stating the company's commitment to upgrade from within. Also mentioning that no A330/A340 FOs would be upgraded on B767. This is quite questionable. Ok, you have limited training resources. BUT, while you transfer FOs from 330/340 to B767 you actually DON'T NEED TO HIRE FOs on 767. At least for 6 months. No rocket science, eh?

Me thinks that Mr. VLR (MFT B767) is not really keen on upgrading people on his fleet. Just tell me... WHY????:sad:

Safe Flights,

JJ:ok:

scanscanscan
17th May 2006, 00:30
This rumour takes us old 1976 F/os back to the tempory VC10 Captains who then by a miricale became full time L1011 Captains after the pilots union was terminated.
Having joined the GF VC10 DEC on 12 year increment salery and transferred them over... also...They had to settle for GF 12 increment salery plus 55 to 60 on index linked BA pensions with UK inflation at 14 to 21% per year.
About 20 F/o near commands got upset and left over that, some more also when GF then cancelled in a master stroke of morale building... the expat provident fund.
More left when a memo decreed all future Captains would be Nationals or if unavailable DEC BA or Cathay retirees.
We used to say "It was only the depth that varied."
Got to hand it to Gf if DEC all true.... they are consistent! Must be somethying in the water management drink...good luck to you all and fly safe and on your day off!
PS Do not forget to extend your duty day/night as we are short of crews.

vfenext
17th May 2006, 06:19
Sorry to kill the rumour but the 6 guys offered jobs this month are ALL coming as F/O's. Some were Capts before but on ATR and regional jets. Most going to 320.

LDG NO BLUE
19th May 2006, 05:25
Hi there Magsoffmixoffchockson!

You mean direct entry First Officers on the big fleet?
It was done last year with a number of 16 guys direct into the 330, bypassing all of us of the 320 fleet.
As for now, Gf is hiring 2 packs of 6 FO's to the 330, (or 2 x 4?)

Somebody explain to me, why not send the new guys to the 320?!
A lot of 330 FOs are flying around 60 hours a month.

Having said that, it will not surprise me when GF starts with DEC again. Nice post from scanscanscan, it's a picture of what may be expecting us.

Long term planning here is 7 days. :ugh:

LNB