PDA

View Full Version : Life in Arusha, Tanzania

Xshongololo
15th May 2006, 17:52
This is directed to the family man in Arusha and not the bachelor hours building. All input is still greatly appreciated.
If one is to move to Tanzania can one find a nice\ok house to live in?
What is the security like there?
Are the schools ok for young kids or are they a mess?
Is there an ok medical facility?
Is there a spirit in the town or do most people have the shakes in the shade of the mountain?
Any other useful blurb will be well received.
PM if you need.
X

RED LAND ASAP
16th May 2006, 13:04
:= I have been there for a bit more than a year flying for a so called reputed Airline. B4 I continue where are u from n for who r u gonna work for???:sad:

Skylion
16th May 2006, 14:20
Very pleasant town in which to live. Great scenery all around and lots to do in spare time,- if you like the outdoor world and game viewing. Ngorongoro, Manyara, Tarangiri, Serengeti all in easy, if bumpy, reach.Meru a good climb and Kilimanjaro next door. Securitywise Tanzania is much more relaxed than some parts of Kenya and nothing to be neurotic about. Should be able to find a pleasant house with garden. Others will be more up to date on medical and educational, but for serious medical problems, Nairobi, 3- 4 hours drive or quick flight away is best bet,- and very good.

Solid Rust Twotter
16th May 2006, 15:26
Nairobi/Moshi trip by road at night is definitely not recommended unless they've beefed up security.:ooh:

Xshongololo
17th May 2006, 05:36
Skylion, thanx for the info. Been to NRB hospital afew times and they do seem quite organized. Do you happen to know if as a resident in Tanzania whether one gets rebate rates going into the national parks. Last time I was there the prices were full tourist rate fares even for expats working there.
regards
X

ShenziRubani
19th May 2006, 18:08
You do not get any rebate as a resident in TZ's Nat Parks. Only two fares, citizens and non-citizens.

Living there really depends on your social skills and where you are from, etc. Some will hate it, some will love it.