PDA

View Full Version : Eileen Steenson

Eljay
15th May 2006, 12:44
Iam trying to track down my flying instructor from over 32 years ago.
Her name was Eileen Steenson and she was the CFI at Arcus Airways in Albury NSW around 1974.
Prior to this she was a missionary pilot in PNG and had written a book on flying in PNG. Titled Flight Plan PNG.
Eileen was single at the time, but married later in life to a fellow called Reynolds, who has since passed away. I have heard that Eileen moved to QLD and hope she is still around. She would be quite elderly if still around.

Centaurus
15th May 2006, 13:06
She wrote a book called Flight Plan PNG under her own name Steenson. Suggest you try the local library. I read the book about five years ago and noticed her address was on the cover. I managed to find her phone number and we had a good chat. I'll go through some old papers and see if I can locate her details and get back to you. Her book was most enjoyable. I googled her name and that is how I found the name of her book.

Or you could contact the Australian Womens' Pilot Association and its a good bet they will have her details if she is still a member.

It is a nice touch if you can contact your early flying instructor(s). Most really do appreciate being remembered. I recently was able to contact my first RAAF instructor (1952 era) and was delighted to find him alive and well.
His patience and understanding in those days on Tigers and Wirraways saved me from being scrubbed I am sure.