PDA

View Full Version : How cheap can you get??

Felix Saddler
15th May 2006, 11:19
Hi people, i was just wondering what is the cheapest possible fare i could get to Japan Tokyo return around october this year returning after around 20days later the outbound flight!! Can anybody please help me, your help will be greatly appreciated! :D

Regards,
Felix.

akerosid
15th May 2006, 11:41
It's virtually impossible for people to answer questions like that here; I would try expedia.co.uk and various other online travel firms, such as flightbookers and trailfinders. If you still have some of yesterday's papers, the travel section will have ads for these firms.

Subject to that, I'd be surprised if you'd get it for less than £500, not including tax, so you should expect to pay somewhere in the region of £550-600. KLM and Lufty have good deals from time to time; so does Alitalia, but there's a limit to everything. KLM would be my personal choice - AMS is the perfect hub and KLM has PTVs on its 777s.

Direct flights would be around £200 more expensive (although again, that's a generality.)

Felix Saddler
15th May 2006, 11:49
:ok: thanks i will try KLM.

V800
15th May 2006, 20:17
Why not give Aeroflot a call, when I did the route two years ago their economy fare was so low that I ended up paying slightly more than the other airlines economy for biz.

TSR2
15th May 2006, 21:59
Airline Network currently quoting:

LHR - Tokyo with Alitalia via Milan £566 including tax.

LhR - Tokyo with KLM via Amsterdam £569 including tax.

derekvader
16th May 2006, 03:24
£532 inc tax with Aeroflot via Moscow is the cheapest I can find for an early Oct departure and return 20 days later.

pilotho
16th May 2006, 12:08
expedia is probabily the best bet, but if you are not travelling until oct then why not wait a few months to check for airline special offers.

if you are flying from LHR you are spoilt for choice in terms of airlines. i think CX are doing some offers right now.

joniveson
16th May 2006, 15:45
Try www.gendai.co.uk

I live in Japan now and when I was coming over here my company sent me their way. They have some real bargain fares, sometimes under £400 return. I flew with KLM and was not overly impressed by the aircraft or the service but the price was right!

Also have a look on ANA's website, I went back to the UK at Christmas and got the best deal booking directly with them although for some strange reason you cannot book very far in advance.

MidlandDan
18th May 2006, 13:06
if your under 26 try STA travel, or wefly.co.uk, im off to Japan for a year in September lowest i could find was £420 return with Sri Lankan departing LHR on the 2nd September returning from Narita on the 2nd December

I havent booked yet as i saw on offer with KAL for £420 and the routing is much better!!

To be honest its just a matter of trawling the net i find and keeping an eye on all the offers

Hope that helps:)

MidlandDan
18th May 2006, 13:13
Felix,

wefly.co.uk is quoting £458 inc all taxes, flying with China Eastern, LHR-PVG-NRT.

leaving on the 2nd returing on the 23 October, might find even cheaper than this

China Eastern might be an adventure :\

bealine
18th May 2006, 19:29
BA.COM quotes £828 inc taxes for the advantage of a non-stop LHR-NRT return service. Virgin Atlantic is almost the same (£827.80).

It depends whether the "adventure" element of a transit stop is an exciting prospect or as pain in the a55! (....and, if you're travelling on business, it is a definite cost both in terms of financial and your mental agility or ability to do your job on arrival!)

Personally speaking, I would fly BA, Virgin Atlantic, Japan Airlines or Lufthansa. Possibly I would fly Air France (but I would be a trifle apprehensive after hearing passenger comments since 09/11 concerning cabin service cutbacks) but I would not fly with carriers who are not controlled by either the CAA or FAA (or carriers that flout or bend their guidelines which is why I will not use EZY or FR!) - my skin is far too precious for that!

newswatcher
21st May 2006, 17:30
Felix, if you can leave as early as 30th Sept(Sat) and come back 3 weeks later, you can get a non-stop BA return for 575GBP.:ok: That's direct from the BA site. Leave 2 days earlier(Thu) and save a further 25GBP.