PDA

View Full Version : direct entry fo on pax fleet?

natops
15th May 2006, 10:17
did anybody hear about the plan of cx hiring defo on the pax fleet? rumours going aound.

n.

Challenger-Deep
15th May 2006, 10:41
Yea its gonna be great...on the D Scale...But then again there will always be someone willing to join for that!:yuk: :yuk:

natops
18th May 2006, 06:49
not me challenger, just heard the rumour.
thanks for the reply.

n.

Challenger-Deep
18th May 2006, 08:10
Not directed at you Natops! Just upset with the road the company is taking us down...degrading Cos etc
Take care

mizzy
18th May 2006, 12:15
not rumours, the co. is in fact have the plan on hand, just don't know when it will become reality. At this moment, the idea of those pax DEFOs will be on a base (SYD & MEL only) for at least 4 years and the pay scale will be similar to the freighter pay scale.

Team America
18th May 2006, 14:18
There are guys in Oz with letters of employment with CX on the pax fleet, they have just been told to wait for a formal offer of crap pay
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225822

PNH2ATL
23rd May 2006, 13:31
I just interviewed a week or two ago and asked about this. The interviewer (forgot his name) stiffened up and said something to the effect "I have to go back to HKG after these interviews and negotiate with the union over the pay issues." I could tell he didn't like the question by his body language. He went on to explain that they had to adjust the pay down on the pax side since it was so much higher then the freighter pay was. I find it odd that a profitable airline would do this but what do I know I am just a pilot. Over all I thought I did well during the interview right up to the point I started asking questions about staffing, pay and retirement. I got the feeling they were looking for people who would do "what it takes" to make CX great even at their own expense. I don't fall into that category and I think they noticed. I won't know for sure for another week or so.

nike
23rd May 2006, 14:57
I doubt you are the only one asking, what are, very relevant questions.