PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Aviation - AU

The Voice
14th May 2006, 21:02
Hey all, Strategic Aviation are looking for DRW or SYD based Airbus CC. Does anyone have any clue as to what the pay and conditions etc are on offer/ like?

Mr Seatback 2
15th May 2006, 01:25
Was the job advertised? They do a lot of charter work for the ADF.

exmax
15th May 2006, 07:07
Isn't that through Aero-Care, I'm sure they provide the crew for this.

The Voice
15th May 2006, 08:19
The add was on seek.com.au, and you're right about the type of work they're doing. Things must be looking pretty good if they're heading up this path.

fourplay
16th May 2006, 13:21
Leased A330 aircraft based in Darwin only, flying to Kuwait few days layover and return.
the odd other trip as required.
Problem is living in DWN for many.

daisydaze
17th May 2006, 03:51
So is this a VIP operation ??

I Just Want To Fly
17th May 2006, 06:15
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1045512/M/ id=1045474

Very pretty plane, not sure about the grey though...

gigglesnlol
18th May 2006, 11:38
sorry Ijustwantto fly... they dont operate on that particular plane... its a different colour... a much nicer looking one :ok:

exmax
22nd May 2006, 09:14
I believe they're holding telephone interviews on wednesday.

SkySista
22nd May 2006, 09:27
Voice,

Regularly search Seek for any/all airline/travel jobs and saw nothing.. is it through an agency??

(Just saw Exmax's post... looks like I'm too late... oh well)

fourplay
22nd May 2006, 14:09
No you are not too late.
Go to seek.com place flight attendant in the search field and select location as Darwin, It will come up.

Click on the blue word Flight attendants and it opens the ad.

You may apply online I am told, John is still accepting applications.

You MUST be an experience F/A, NO PHONE CALLS TO THE OFFICE!

Phone interviews start v/soon, live interviews from May 29...Training June 5th

SkySista
23rd May 2006, 04:27
Thanks Four, unfortunately I'm not 'qualified' cc so miss out (pity, I reckon there's heaps of people out there with corporate/private/executive CS exp who'd be great... oh well... will pass the info to a couple of friends who are currently flying...

exmax
24th May 2006, 05:42
Hi all,

I had my telephone interview and I have to say it was pretty quick. May I firstly say good luck to anyone who succeeds and secures employment.

The stages;
Telephone interview compromising of an information session where you basically talk about what you're doing right now and discuss your employment history. There are the usual questions like, why do you want to fly? What do you love about it? etc etc. The position as fourplay mentioned, is based in DRW, it's a tue-thu operation and flying to KWI and spending a week there. Training commences on 5th June....in 12days!!!!! and no, the lady didn't say if the training was in SYD or DRW. The usual "how much notice do you have to give" question was asked, as was "how would you feel/would you relocated to DRW?" They will ask about situations you have been in and how you dealt with them also, all the usual questions you get at airline interviews really. No idea about salary but they asked about salary expectations but this would be discussed in the next stage.

Face to face interview with the general manager and some other manager, couldn't remember what title the interviewer gave me.

I guess if you've made it this far, then you go through the usual process, the interviewer wasn't very clear in terms of reference checks/medicals etc.

I did 9years in the UK as a FA, but I simply cannot leave my job & partner and relocate to DRW in 12days, I told the lady that I'm still interested should any further opportunties arise. In fact, she asked that should there are any domestic operation opportunities in the future, would I be interested? Too right I would be! So good luck to anyone that has the flexibility and inclination to move to DRW and let us know how it goes.:)

Exmax:ok:

finallyofftheground
24th May 2006, 09:45
Hi Emax,
When was your telephone interview? I have put in 2 applications (one back at the start of the month to their head office... and one in response to the advertisement on seek), and I haven't heard anything yet! :ugh:
I have flying experience with 2 airlines and I even mentioned in my application letter that I am quite happy to relocate if need be! :uhoh:
Do you know when the face to face interviews might be conducted? :confused:
Thanks
Finally off the ground :ok:

exmax
25th May 2006, 01:54
finallyofftheground:My interview was yesterday (24th).
The lady I spoke to did mention that they wanted a quick 'turnaround', so I guess they'll be working really quickly to get interviews completed. Bear in mind they're looking for a start date for training on 5th June as mentioned previously. Fourplay mentioned that the live interview date is to be on the 29th, so maybe it'll be then?

High-Flying-Adored
27th May 2006, 08:59
I do a little bit of work now and then for Strategic in SYD and know the cabin crew quite well, so i hope i can provide some info.

All positions are now with Strategic, Aerocare have been given the boot. Aerocare crew were transferred across to strat.

At this stage they only qualififed crew, preferrably with a330/a340 type exp. and certs.

There is a possibility in the future if these roles are not filled that strategic may seek "off the street" people for training. However, due to the time contraints, the only want exp people.

Nearly all roles are DRW based, with the exception of a few, very few in syd.

I heard the pay discussed not long ago. I think the base pay was about mid thirties, but i can't remeber exactly.

The photo link is actually to the RAAF Airbus MRTT, which has yet to be certified/refitted with tanker facilities and delivered to the Aust governement. Currently all ps are carried out with a wet leased A330-300 leased from Portugese company Hiyfly (formally Air Luxor). The aircraft is operated in a 2 class config with about 30 j class and the rest y. The j class is quite nice, and i believe the seats are allocated according to rank.

exmax
29th May 2006, 01:48
Thanks High-Flying-Adored for the info.

exmax
16th Jun 2006, 13:20
I heard today through a friend of a friend that these guys are STILL looking for crew! Any experienced crew willing to relocate to DRW at a drop of a hat and fly on an A330 to KWI?

Still interested to know if anyone has actually started or got through to training etc.

Skygal
25th Jun 2006, 13:43
Hi ,

I was wondering if any body had heard from Strategic Airlines. I got an email yesterday saying that they will call me for phone interviews. Wondering if anybody else got a reply too...

Thanks

:)

exmax
19th Jul 2006, 07:19
Does anyone have any updates about Strategic in relation to their last bout of recruitment, did they get the crew they were looking for?