PDA

View Full Version : Manx2

Pages : [1] 2

captainyonder
14th May 2006, 17:49
Does anyone know anything about this new airline, Manx2? It says on their web site that they are going to be operating from Ronaldsway to Leeds Bradford, Belfast Aldergrove and Blackpool starting in July using a 19 seat aircraft.

It seems to have quite a strong team behind it and is being started by Noel Hayes (former Rockhopper/Blue Islands).

My only concern is that they mention in their press release that they are going to be using a 19 seat aircraft specifically designed for short flights, I remember a few months back there being rumours of Let 410s being used by a new start up. Couldn't be this lot could it?

Also, they're going 3 times daily on IOM-LBA, is that not overkill alongside the BLK, MAN and LPL flights? Eastern were carrying under 500 pax a month on their IOM-LBA flights, however they were using a J32 and only operated once daily.

Also they claim to have ties to Jet2?

Any info anyone?

captainyonder
14th May 2006, 17:51
Yep, having just looked at the press release on their web site they will be using Let 410s!

spanishflea
14th May 2006, 18:09
LET410 will be interesting given it was vetoed by the CAA last summer when Rockhopper tried to lease some in...

GBALU53
14th May 2006, 18:39
Good lock to the idea but is there already to many carriers trying to bite the same chery,

With the ambition of sectors to Europe with a new commuter type operation they will have to have a large funding behind and be prepaired to lose money before getting into profit.

It might take a year or two before this can happen.:ok:

airhumberside
14th May 2006, 19:15
I see the press release shouldn't be in the public domain yet!!!

The airline has got the support off the Isle of Man Government and plans to connect with Jet 2 flights to Europe

Good luck to them but their aircraft choice makes me a little dubious about whether they will ever get off the ground

captainyonder
14th May 2006, 19:24
I see the press release shouldn't be in the public domain yet!!!

What's it doing on their web site then!?!

A friend of mine who works for a handling agent at LBA emailed me with the web site, he seems to know everything about it, so they can be doing too good a job of keeping it quiet!

airhumberside
14th May 2006, 19:27
I dont know but at the top of the press release it says "embargoed until 0600 15th May 2006"

Not the best of starts

captainyonder
14th May 2006, 19:30
Agree with you that the most worrying thing about the operation is that they seem to be indicating they'll be using LET410s. If the type isn't certified by the CAA how can they be getting away with it? Maybe they'll be subbing the aircraft in from another JAA member state?

MaxReheat
14th May 2006, 21:13
Probably wrong...but if an aircraft has a JAA C of A doesn't it have to be accepted by the CAA or is there a right to veto?

OltonPete
14th May 2006, 21:30
This is abtn's take on the matter dated 15/5/05 but no mention of the LET: -

BREAKING NEWS is a new airline announced today called Manx2. The brainchild of Noel Hayes, who used to run Rockhopper based in Alderney (now Blue Islands with whom Noel now has no connection), and James Filleul, a former Channel Islands reporter for the BBC. Jetstream 31 pressurised aircraft will form the nucleus of the fleet. They plan to initially serve Leeds Bradford Airport from the Isle of Man starting 12 August with Belfast International and Blackpool to Ronaldsway in the start-up package. The airline will not compete directly with Euromanx who is using the opportunity to launch an innovative frequent flyer, whilst just across the sea, in Dublin, Aer Arann has called a press conference for later today with the guest of honour no less than An Taoiseach, Mr Bertie Ahern, TD. Further ATR aircraft are expected to be announced.

OtonPete

captainyonder
14th May 2006, 21:40
OltonPete

A lot of this seems to directly contradict the information provided in the press release on the Manx2 web site. That document shows a LET410 in Manx2 colours and suggests that BLK and BFS will start July 15th with LBA following on in August.

skiddyiom
15th May 2006, 08:38
Yet another new operator here on the "Rock". I wonder if this one will fare any better than some of the others have.

Operating to Blackpool and Belfast should give British Northwest a run for their money. And picking up the redundant IOM-LBA route dropped by Eastern may be in their favour. Especially if it links in to Jet2 flights to exotic destinations!

However, I do think Let-410's are a little optimistic. Maybe J.31's? I can't wait!!

skiddy

BHDflyer
16th May 2006, 20:22
New airline based in IOM to start flights from IOM-Belfast Internetional, Blackpool and Leeds Bradford, with Belfast and Blackpool to commence 15 July and Leeds Bradford on 15 August. Good to hear but the Belfast International route is a bit of a joke (lets not forget Euromanx and British Northwest Airlines down at BHD). Is this going to be a repeat of what the real MANX AIRLINES did in the likes of 1981 at Belfast International (airline did not meet the 'International Gateway' that the airport was trying to create)?

BombardierCR7
16th May 2006, 20:48
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225995

Ronaldsway Radar
16th May 2006, 22:39
I look forward to seeing a new airline on the Island!

Is the Island ready for the new competition? Let's see! :}

RR

wiccan
16th May 2006, 23:25
Aer Arran didn't last that long, I wonder if this "New" airline will survive any longer?
bb

Q40099
16th May 2006, 23:44
I hear someone from Air Wales is behind it?

:ok:

Airnuts
17th May 2006, 07:07
:D :ok:
Airnuts

Helen49
17th May 2006, 11:17
Manx 2 could be excellent news for a lot of people. Leeds and IOM being two financial centres must be capable of supporting a well frequented service.....ie. more than one mid-day return per day. Surely a sector like this offering day return facilities to business men will generate the traffic. Once per day is a waste of time! Blackpool desperately needs a good operator on the IOM and Belfast routes......growth at BLK will assist in growing this route as more people become aware of the ease of transit thro' BLK. With regard to the BLK routes a number of points must be noted by the Airport Operator and Manx2......namely reliable on time departures/arrivals; proper aeroplanes (not PA31s); good customer service on the part of both (staff who care about their customers); sensible prices (may nor may not be achievable with Let410s) don't try to grow too fast......get the foundations right!....or put another way 'a touch of professionalism'!
Best wishes to Manx2 BLK, LBA and Belfast (City would be best!).
H49

touch&go
17th May 2006, 12:13
One thing that hacks me off is companies that use premium rate telephone numbers to buy off them or to complain, so Manx2 if you want my custom then don't charge me for the pleasure.

Rant over.

egnxema
17th May 2006, 16:52
touch&go - correct me if I am wrong, but the number is not a premium rate number (which begin 09) but a National Rate number (08), these are non geographic numbers which are all charged at the normal national rate from UK landlines. Most airline reservation numbers I can think of are 08 numbers.

:)

touch&go
17th May 2006, 20:14
0870 are a rip off numbers see the links below:
[advertising

Gulf Julliet Papa
17th May 2006, 21:21
so you wouldnt fly with British Airways, British Midland, Easyjet, Ryanair (the list goes on!) all of which with 087 numbers

tallaonehotel
17th May 2006, 22:41
Another statistic for that huge aviation hub at Ronaldsway.....
Not much for your photo collection Skiddy? J31's....I remember the days in the old manx days blah blah blah!

Hansol
18th May 2006, 07:22
Its beyond me, Eastern came off LBA because they couldn't make it pay because of the cheap fares into MCR, there is no demand for increased capacity on Blackpool, and Belfast already has two operators. Either we have a couple of enthusiasts here or there is a lump of "marketing support" in play.

lfc84
19th May 2006, 15:08
so you wouldnt fly with British Airways, British Midland, Easyjet, Ryanair (the list goes on!) all of which with 087 numbers
use the moneysaving expert link and you can find the alternative & cheaper phone numbers

garethjk22
19th May 2006, 16:07
Hansol, I am sorry, i dont think you could be more wrong!

Blackpool is a very strong market for the isle of man, both for inbound and outbound passengers (i.e IOM folk wanting to come over here, and lancashire folk wanting to go over there). The route will do well with some competition which will stimulate demand back to the levels it used to be, and well beyond.

LBA is a good link, financial links, eastern operated a single daily frequency with very high fares, frequency breeds demand, very well known fact.

I personally wish Manx2 every success and hope they flourish into a sucessful regional airline.

GBALU53
19th May 2006, 19:46
Bring back the good old days or not that long ago.

The Twin Otters plodding between Blackpool and IOM then came the Shed but then like other companies got to big and pulled out.

mmeteesside
11th Jul 2006, 13:24
Well the first Manx2 aircraft has arrived on the IOM this lunchtime, ready to start flights on Saturday :) Let 410 HA-YFG from Budapest Air Services. Don't know whether it's in Manx2 livery though.

mmeteesside

skiddyiom
11th Jul 2006, 13:32
HA-YFG is in Manx2 livery and pictures will follow once I can leave my desk and go home and process them!! :}

skiddy

touch&go
12th Jul 2006, 10:26
skiddyiom, looks like someone else on the rock as posted on Airliners a picture of the Manx2 aircraft:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1073315&WxsIERv=Yrg%20Y-410HIC-R5%20Gheobyrg&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=Znak2&QtODMg=Vfyr%20bs%20Zna%20-%20Ebanyqfjnl%20%28VBZ%20%2F%20RTAF%29&ERDLTkt=HX%20-%20Vfyr%20bs%20Zna&ktODMp=Whyl%2011%2C%202006&BP=1&WNEb25u=Naql%20Znexf-ZnakNveCvk&xsIERvdWdsY=UN-LST&MgTUQtODMgKE=Arj%20nveyvar%2C%20Znak2%2C%20erpvrirf%20vg%27f %20svefg%20nvepensg%20ba%20gur%20Vfynaq%20gbqnl.%20Vg%20jvyy %20znxr%20gur%20nveyvarf%20svefg%20fpurqhyrq%20syvtug%20ba%2 0Fngheqnl%2015gu%20Whyl%20gb%20Oynpxcbby.&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=506&NEb25uZWxs=2006-07-11%2019%3A36%3A20&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=871813&static=yes&width=1024&height=695&sok=JURER%20%20%28ZNGPU%20%28nvepensg%2Cnveyvar%2Ccynpr%2Ccu bgb_qngr%2Cpbhagel%2Cerznex%2Ccubgbtencure%2Crznvy%2Clrne%2C ert%2Cnvepensg_trarevp%2Cpa%2Cpbqr%29%20NTNVAFG%20%28%27%2B% 22UN-LST%22%27%20VA%20OBBYRNA%20ZBQR%29%29%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubg b_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=1058548

skiddyiom
12th Jul 2006, 10:30
touch&go, thats my pic from A.net! :} Saves me posting it ta :D

skiddy

manx crab
12th Jul 2006, 17:48
Presumably the CAA now have no problems with the aircraft type:confused:

XSBaggage
12th Jul 2006, 18:03
What was the CAA's problem with the Let? And Helen49, why would low costs not be achievable with them? I would have thought (no idea why) that the costs would be much cheaper with an aircraft like the L410 than the J31 or 41 for example.

XSB

Wonkavater
13th Jul 2006, 09:29
I believe Manx2's LET410 makes it's first appearance at BLK this morning. Scheduled services start on Saturday. Good luck to them. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the weeks and months to come.

fredtheanorak
25th Jul 2006, 06:51
Contrary to previus discussions about demand on BLK-IOM their flight into here (BLK) on Friday night was rammed and again yesterday. Next thing they'll need the shed back! We've got a couple of them parked up here at the moment available cheap from the Emerald administrators....

kenfoggo
25th Jul 2006, 16:13
It's all really sad. Travelled to IOM recently to see a mixed pot of 4th division operators and equipment parked on the pan. Used to be a real airline , Manx , keeping the arteries of the Island open. Now......., many foreign registered aircraft like those heaps of poo that Manx 2 fly. Wonder why they are not on the British register?? I wonder how someone like TimS views this, are the best interests of the Isle of Man being served well by these airlines? Has frequency and choice of destination increased? Have airfares plummeted? Are the schedules reliable?

fredtheanorak
25th Jul 2006, 16:21
as well as coming here (BLK) 3x a day M2 are doing LBA and BFS so 2new out of 3 ain't bad? The website's also a load better than the usual red-top locostinyourface rubbish.

HZMIS
26th Jul 2006, 13:48
what a bloody rip off, this service is, has anyone been on their website and had a look at just how much it costs for a return between blackpool and the isle of man.

advertising
have fun with this commedy site, look out for the joke that uses this sign: £

good luck to this airline though,a rare set up, but nice to see new and challenging buisness to the other operators, that have hogged the isle of man for years, and that other misfit airline:euromanx.

good luck to manx 2, the special offers are not bad though

all the best

Hansol
27th Jul 2006, 15:07
HZMIS - what do yo mean a "rare set up" ? there's new start ups on the IOM every other week, they come and they go.

Danidoo
4th Aug 2006, 14:10
Hi Im new to this website so first of all i'd like to say hi all! :)

Just heard now throu the grape vine that manx2 :ooh: pilots were given clearence to take off on a perticular runway in the isle of man, they lined up on the wrong runway where another aircraft was on aproach to land on that same run way!

Maybe manx2 should employee english pilots that dont get mixed up!!!!! lol:confused: :ugh:

fredtheanorak
7th Aug 2006, 20:47
Hi Doggydoo.:bored:

Welcome to pp but just one thing old bud. Before knocking other Europeans for lack of English, how about a few english lessons for yourself...clearence.:confused: ....should employee.:rolleyes: ....perticular....:eek: .

Men in glass houses..etc.

I've been around BLK for a few years now so nearly speak :mad: English as well as a native. How's your German & French, mon ami!:= := :ok: :ok:

Hansol
8th Aug 2006, 17:17
The boys in the tower must have been making the tea!

rockjock
10th Aug 2006, 19:02
New route to be announced next week. Scottish link perhaps? Anyone know which airport - prestwick?

lfc84
10th Aug 2006, 19:43
liverpool ? or is it deffo scotland ?

Mark Lewis
10th Aug 2006, 19:46
Edinburgh would tie in with the Jet2 connection that exists with BLK, LBA, and BFS.

silverhawk
10th Aug 2006, 21:49
There is NO Jet2 connection.

The choice of company name is purely opportunism. Average loads of 5 passengers per sector whilst paying for the Airkiosk booking system means this lot will be dust before security levels are reduced to severe.

Mark Lewis
10th Aug 2006, 21:53
There certainly was a Jet2 connection when launched, as there were talks of offering a feeder service between the two airlines networks. This is still mentioned on the front page, even if there is nothing of substance behind the link.

silverhawk
10th Aug 2006, 22:38
Link was only in the minds of Manx2 sales and advertising staff.

rockjock
11th Aug 2006, 07:29
liverpool ? or is it deffo scotland ?
Definately Scotland.

fredtheanorak
12th Aug 2006, 17:10
Loads into here (BLK) are certainly better than that. Any idea how their BFS route is doing?

lfc84
22nd Aug 2006, 10:03
Definately Scotland.
any confirmation ?

silverhawk
30th Aug 2006, 12:26
I think the new destination is Warton! Was Monday a proving flight or an oversight?

rockjock
30th Aug 2006, 16:42
silverhawk

Bound to be as Warton isn't a destination on their website survey of where pax would like to fly!!!
No news of their October route to Scotland - wonder if they got cold feet or thought that they should check with the public first via a website poll?

silverhawk
30th Aug 2006, 22:06
Just a case of mistaken identity. Not the first, won't be the last.

Charlie Roy
30th Aug 2006, 22:16
via a website poll

I can't find the survey on their website. Has it finished?

rockjock
31st Aug 2006, 05:19
No it's still there. Isle of Man Route survey. Advertising.

fredtheanorak
31st Aug 2006, 16:04
The word around EuroMonkey :} House is that everyone theres being encouraged to go on line and vote for Benbeculla:E in the hope of diverting them to a remote island for their new Scottish route:) rather than taking EMs on on their monopoly to Liverpool:suspect:

rockjock
31st Aug 2006, 18:43
Ha Ha Ha:) I hope they take Loganair on on the EDI Route. Need a Manx carrier who will provide early and late departure time to cover the day trip financial business traveller. Loganair's mid-afternoon schedule is hopeless.

tallaonehotel
31st Aug 2006, 23:04
The word around EuroMonkey :} House is that everyone theres being encouraged to go on line and vote for Benbeculla:E in the hope of diverting them to a remote island for their new Scottish route:) rather than taking EMs on on their monopoly to Liverpool:suspect:

Can you get anymore remote than the IOM?, several hours of fog has F*&$ed up my day. I would stay away from the IOM if I had more sense......

rockjock
1st Sep 2006, 18:36
tallaonehotel

'Well if you don't like, there is a boat in the morning' as they say in these parts. Sadly it's broke at the moment and only going at half speed;)

Jet2LBA
1st Sep 2006, 20:04
Well, I am flying Manx2 from LBA with a friend this coming Tuesday so hope the fog has lifted by then!

Have noticed the timekeeping of the LBA services has improved markedly over the past week or so. Hope this is kept up!

manx crab
7th Sep 2006, 20:00
According to the local paper today, Manx2 is set to apply for a IOM-LHR route afetr its survey showed that is what the public wanted:}. Any reports of pigs flying :E

sqanze
7th Sep 2006, 20:19
no pigs...but poss some jetstreams?

atprider
8th Sep 2006, 07:34
Can't see anything smaller than an RJ of some sort being allowed into LHR these days.
On that subject, are there any regular scheduled prop services still operating in & out of LHR at the moment??:)

Yak97
8th Sep 2006, 07:42
KLM still use F50 on EIN/LHR service

Mark Lewis
8th Sep 2006, 09:23
Also on the Rotterdam service too.

You know, its not that hard for new operators to get a slot for LHR, and I dont think it even costs that much. There have been a spate of new airlines starting up in the last few years relatively unrestricted, Etihad, Bellview, Air Sahara, Jet Airways, and Qatar all started their services relatively recently.

For Manx2 to get a single lunchtime slot would not be so ridiculous, however it would have the obvious disadvantage of not being particularly attrctive for connections.

Cyrano
8th Sep 2006, 09:34
Also on the Rotterdam service too.
You know, its not that hard for new operators to get a slot for LHR, and I dont think it even costs that much.
Unless you are acquiring a slot in the "grey market" from another carrier, the slot itself shouldn't cost you anything. Obviously the landing fees, handling charges etc. are another matter.
ACL, the company providing the slot coordination service, has a very good online system here (https://www.online-coordination.com/Default.aspx?tabid=AvailDoop) where you can see the availability of slots at any major UK/Irish airport (plus some others). So for example you can see that in Summer 06, on a Monday at LHR, the only consistent period where arrival and departure slots are available is after 2000Z (i.e. 2100LT) - unlikely to be attractive. Of course if you are a long-haul carrier willing (and able) to schedule differing times on different days of the week, you may be able to piece a schedule together, and of course if you are applying for slots in advance of the deadlines for the forthcoming season, you have a better chance of getting something... but a slot pair at the same time for five or six or seven days in the week at LHR would still be a challenge to achieve for a new entrant!

PAXboy
8th Sep 2006, 10:08
PAXBoy posting from his mother's house in Castletown, after riding up from LTN yesterday with BACON

I think that it is very sensible of Manx2 to use this form of free publicity. they know that the chances of being able to operate a steady daily service - even one rotation a day - is preactically zero. But, as a way to get into the local papers and promote themselves as a company that want to give a good service to the island.

skiddyiom
8th Sep 2006, 13:33
Anybody developing new routes (or even re-opening old ones) off the Isle of man should be welcomed. Providing they do it with a modicum of common sense, unlike a certain airline who went balls-out to copy the old manx Airlines and who are now back to core routes.

I think wait and see has to be the watchword here. Although theres nothing like a few good rumours to keep the adrenalin flowing :8

skiddy

atprider
11th Sep 2006, 04:33
If the LET was a bit small for any LHR slots they might come by, Manx2 might consider snapping up the ATP which has resided at Ronaldsway since Emerald's demise. There was an advert in the local rag last week looking for tenders for its sale. I'm sure theere are a few crews still on the Island with the type on their paperwork too.....

Haven't a clue
11th Sep 2006, 20:35
Item on Manx Radio website saying Manx2 are applying for 3 (presumably pairs) of LHR slots....

http://www.manxradio.com/readItemBus.aspx?ID=8956&cate=Business

Good luck!

tallaonehotel
11th Sep 2006, 21:27
ATP rider, the only place that ATP will be going to will be the scrap yard!.
I would say you would get more money for it there!

A few people need to get a reality check on this thread.

GMIMA
11th Sep 2006, 21:39
here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another travel agent trying to market itself as an airline!!!!!!! at least when euromanx where doing it it had real aircraft!

What is the JAA definition of an Airline please? My guess is that you need to have your own AOC. Has manx2 got an AOC? I think not!

If any REAL Airline thought that there was a chance of any LHR slots then BA, Eastern, arran and dare I say Euro Manx would be jumping in there big time to get a slice of the action!

And as for using the Crown Dependency bit saying that the IOM is a special case is a load of CRAP! So what, all the IOM is is a Tiny Rock in the middle of nowhere with aload of alcoholics clining to it.

Could u really see a Let410 at LHR, come on.

You have to ask yourselves, how can any organisation (travel agent) make any money selling cheap tickets (39 quid) make a profit? sure is the right way to bankrupt yourself quicker!:D

If Manx2 gets LHR slots i will turn round and bit my own fat arse, and im a big lad!

And remember this! I WANT NEVER GETS!
:ok:

tallaonehotel
11th Sep 2006, 21:48
GMIMA...

Thank god someone with sense has spoken on this thread.
I'll open another beer content knowing that some else thinks the same as me.

Skiddy, you need to get back to the mainland sir....spending too much time on the rock!

TwinAisle
11th Sep 2006, 22:36
What is the JAA definition of an Airline please?

Funnily enough, I had cause to ask a Man from the Ministry this very question, not three weeks ago.

His answer - which GMIMA might recognise - is that an airline is defined as an organisation that transports passengers and/or cargo for a financial consideration AND which has an Operating License so to do.

No Operating License means no airline.

So Manx2 - no, you are not an airline. Sorry.

Island Jockey
12th Sep 2006, 08:38
The arguement for a crown dependency which is also in the north west region to get special treatment for heathrow slots is a tad weak when this same place has access to London by air with Gatwick, Luton, and London City. It had Stanstead as well but there were not enough people using it for it to work. With BA giving up Luton and the other Luton operator driopping to one flight a day' the London Market is not what it was.

With 4 flights to LGW , 3 to LCY and 1 to LTN - this crown dependency is well served for access to London

3 peak time slots a day IOM LHR as well - something would have to give.

Check out the IOM web site passenger figures and see all the empty seats that are not filled every day.

http://www.iom-airport.com/lib/docs/airport/paxfigsmonthlyaugust2006.pdf

Hansol
12th Sep 2006, 17:25
publicity stunt pure and simple if they ever got a LHR slot it would be sold on in a nano second.

TwinAisle
12th Sep 2006, 17:31
if they ever got a LHR slot it would be sold on in a nano second

What would cause the delay? :}

judge11
12th Sep 2006, 19:35
Remember, 'somebody' once said that there's no such thing as bad publicity. If, and its a long shot, I agree, they did pull it off with the backing of the Manx government ('cos that's what it would need) the euros would be crying all the way to the receivers. :=

captainyonder
13th Sep 2006, 00:06
I see a Jetstream Executive J31 is operating the IOM/LBA services at the moment and one of the LETs has returned eastwards. Does this mean the J31 is staying put on the Island for a while? I think it's G-PLAJ which seems to have worked for every airline that has ever graced the fraggled rock, EuroManx, BNWA, even Alphaone and now Manx2!

RobT100
13th Sep 2006, 03:40
Funnily enough, I had cause to ask a Man from the Ministry this very question, not three weeks ago.
His answer - which GMIMA might recognise - is that an airline is defined as an organisation that transports passengers and/or cargo for a financial consideration AND which has an Operating License so to do.
No Operating License means no airline.
So Manx2 - no, you are not an airline. Sorry.

How totally pedantic !

..as far as the pax are concered it gets them from A to B and thats that.

rockjock
13th Sep 2006, 06:13
I see a Jetstream Executive J31 is operating the IOM/LBA services at the moment and one of the LETs has returned eastwards. Does this mean the J31 is staying put on the Island for a while? I think it's G-PLAJ which seems to have worked for every airline that has ever graced the fraggled rock, EuroManx, BNWA, even Alphaone and now Manx2!

LET's unable to pick up fuel at IOM - so I expect the J31 will be around for sometime.

virginblue
13th Sep 2006, 13:43
rockjock

So what genius dreamed up the MAnx2 operation - that should have been obvious in the first place, shouldn't it ?

TwinAisle
13th Sep 2006, 19:16
RobT100 - It may sound pedantic, and of little interest from a passenger's point of view, but the difference between being an airline and being a tour operator is vast - both in terms of the operation, its funding, the law it operates under, and what services it can sell to said passenger.

rockjock
14th Sep 2006, 07:50
rockjock
So what genius dreamed up the MAnx2 operation - that should have been obvious in the first place, shouldn't it ?
I believe the problem with the LET is that the refuling points are on top of the wing just above the engine. This creates some health and safety issues which prevent the LET being refueled on the IOM. I'm not sure that this would have been obvious to Manx2 when setting up the operation.

Haven't a clue
14th Sep 2006, 11:01
But it's only a local problem then; it's OK to refuel at BPL? Either that or these LETs have a hell of a range!

virginblue
14th Sep 2006, 11:17
rockjock

Interesting. So they refuel the remaining LET at either BFS or BLK and have sufficient range to do a round-trip from there to IOM, but not from LBA ?

MAJAX
15th Sep 2006, 17:05
I think they would prefer to fuel in Belfast anyway as it is considerably cheaper usually. Sounds like a wise operation decision to me.

Besides. the Fuellers in the IOM are so slow I wouldn't plan to fuel there if you can avoid it. unless you have a speedwing on your aircraft!

GMIMA
15th Sep 2006, 17:33
The fuelers in the IOM are a bit dim arnt they!

And talk about slow

They complain like mad if they have to fuel an aircraft. I have over heard it before in our office.

Typical Manx hey, moan moan moan

One day they will come to work and find no a/c to fuel, and then they will be all stood round with there thumbs in there arse, wondering why?:=

fredtheanorak
17th Sep 2006, 11:18
The overwing refuelling apparently isn't a problem at any of the M2 airports. I flew over last week ex BLK on HA YFG. Good flight, friendly crew, big cabin compared with J31/B1900 etc. 20 minute sector at 8000ft, arrived early:D :D Had a chat with FO at Ronaldsway who xplained that the FO's are all trained to supervise the refuelling process but they always draw fuel on mainland whernever possible AS ITS CHEAPER:) Bit obvious really:hmm: . Certainly in my experience in at BLK the fuel is 10p/litre cheaper than rip off Ronaldsway (shell monopoly) . BNWA bandits:\ seem to adopt the same policy and almost nevr draw fuel in Ronaldsway either.

virginblue
17th Sep 2006, 12:19
OK, so why was the 2nd LET410 replaced with a Jetstream 31 given that refuelling is not a serious problem ?

Difficult for me to understand why Manx2 would deploy the Jetstream to the LBA route on which they have a monopoly while on the BLK/BFS market they soldier on with the LET410 while the competition now uses a Jetstram (admittedly, still at much higher fares) and rather blatantly advertises the use of "British crews, British aircraft" etc. Does the LET410 have not enough legs to do LBA-IOM-LBA roundtrip without refuelling at IOM ?

fredtheanorak
17th Sep 2006, 20:04
virginblue

I'm in BLK most days and last I saw the only IOM aircraft were Manx2s' LETs and BNWAs' Chifteins. I've seen both refuel here regularly:cool: . I'd certainly rather do a longer sector over the Pennines in a J31 which is 60kts faster (+ pressurised) :D but the 20 min hop to IOM in the lET last week was pretty good. Would doubt if the J31 would shave more than 2 minutes off the sector so who knows? :confused: According to my bible range on Let at max p =1318km, J31=1185km, PA38=1760 so they could all fly to LBA and back with full reserves no problem

Only thing that's certain is only fools draw fuel in IOM:( it's way to deer.:=

virginblue
17th Sep 2006, 21:37
Given this photo, I was assuming that BNWA had done a bit of upgrading their product:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/IL62/IMG_0130_new.jpg

fredtheanorak
18th Sep 2006, 06:27
Stll never seen the aircraft in the artist's impression.:( R U shure its' not BNWAs hope rather than reality..........always been a load of that in aviation......won't be the first or last:ooh:

virginblue
18th Sep 2006, 09:27
Jethro's Fleet Listings show BAe Jetstream 3102 G-OJSA c/n 711 as being operated by/for BNWA. It is an ex Newair aircraft (OY-SVJ). It is this aircraft:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1072417/M/

sqanze
18th Sep 2006, 17:51
FACT...

a director at BNWA owns a jetstream

virginblue
18th Sep 2006, 18:54
Well, the owner of the Jetstream is some "JS Aviation Ltd." - which might be a hint....

richardnei
18th Sep 2006, 20:33
Anyone know why this evenings IOM-BFS-IOM flight is cancelled?

Best Regards

Richard

sqanze
18th Sep 2006, 20:49
correct:Djs a director

xtypeman
20th Sep 2006, 10:58
Just for info G-OJSA is in INV was re-registered in June/July from Sun Air. However problems getting the AOC aproved for its ops CAA needs qualified post holders(several, eng, ops,quality etc.) not a one man band

ALLMCC
23rd Sep 2006, 11:33
Anyone know why this evenings IOM-BFS-IOM flight is cancelled?
Best Regards
Richard

Its what's known as the beginning of the end!!

Dash-7 lover
23rd Sep 2006, 16:27
Yet another fleet change from yet another airline trying to serve the IOM with a half baked plan..... No wonder the CAA get concerned. Mixture of names/registrations/planes.... it's a shame. The only constant is BA Connect!

Beta Range
24th Sep 2006, 22:27
The only thing "constant" about BACON is delays, cancellations and unfair pricing strategies. And even the management are reluctant to talk to their "salary paying" passengers.

EuroManx have themselves had a stable fleet of aircraft for some months now, some fantastic fares and punctuality not to be smirked at!

What does it matter that an airline changes the aircraft it uses from time to time, as long as they are sticking to their schedules and offering great prices, what does it matter?

Gees, some of you out there are picky!

Hansol
25th Sep 2006, 04:04
The only way to provide a secure air service on the Island is for the government to do a long term deal with one operator similar to that which has been done with the Steam packet. An Island of 70,000 cannot support the aggressive open sky's policy it has now. Euromanx is a marvel to me, I simply cannot see how they make their numbers stack up, having the Island as your base and only 4 routes must be very expensive, but I say good luck to them, lets hope the winter isn't too bad.

judge11
25th Sep 2006, 09:34
'The only constant is BA Connect!' - which is looking oblivion in the face so how 'constant' is that going to be if Willie and the Waterworld beancounters decide the sums (conveniently) don't add up. Were it not for the engineering facility it has on the Island surely it would have gone the way of other BACX bases years ago.

I know nothing about Manx2 but I would have thought they have a very hard task ahead of them to establish themselves on what is a very restricted market. By all accounts Euromanx nearly went under after a spectacular launch of routes which became unsustainable.

If a small community wants a regular, reliable service be it by air or sea then the only way that can be assured is not by leaving it to the market but by taking a share in, if not owning, the enterprise.

lfc84
25th Sep 2006, 11:28
Manx2 are now selling IOM-STN

daz211
25th Sep 2006, 11:35
IOM-STN ?
What date do they start ?
How many flights a day ?

lfc84
25th Sep 2006, 11:37
daz211

Starts end of October with up to 3 flights per day in each direction

daz211
25th Sep 2006, 11:44
This should be a good route for MANX2,

BAA need to update the new destinations page on their website, it is still sowing new routes that have been dropped and not showing new routes that have been announced, along with routes that started in may.

Welcome to STN MANX2 and good luck :ok:

daz211
25th Sep 2006, 11:59
So do we take it that they didnt get LHR and got STN instead.:rolleyes:

Ronaldsway Radar
25th Sep 2006, 17:10
Anyone care to advise on if I should book Manx2 to Blackpool for December, or play it safe and go for BNWA? :}

I know M2 say a full refund is given if my flight is for whatever reason cancelled... but it's the hassle I wan't to avoid.. :(

Cheeeers!

RR.

Hansol
25th Sep 2006, 17:18
Never flown Manx 2 but I would pick anyone over BNWA.

jabberwok
25th Sep 2006, 17:37
The only way to provide a secure air service on the Island is for the government to do a long term deal with one operator similar to that which has been done with the Steam packet.

Really? That's called a monopoly and the usual result is the company charging whatever it thinks the poor punters will pay. I recall other such island monopolies were gas, electricity and phones - and I'd love you to tell us how much you pay for a unit of electricity these days. In fact tell us all how much AVTUR is per litre at Ronaldsway..

There was such a deal with an airline many years ago and the scenario above duly unfolded. Then they got fed up and left - which is why no monopoly will ever exist again and no-one trusts BACON.

Stanstedeye
25th Sep 2006, 20:13
This should be a good route for MANX2,
BAA need to update the new destinations page on their website, it is still sowing new routes that have been dropped and not showing new routes that have been announced, along with routes that started in may.
Welcome to STN MANX2 and good luck :ok:
Gets hope MANX2 has more luck on the proposed service to STN than MANX1.

Hansol
26th Sep 2006, 03:15
Jaberwok - its better to have a government controled monopoly wiyh price constraints etc then a market driven one where the price is set by the operator. In the IOM at present we have a monopoly on our busiest route LPL,
we are shortly to have a monopoly on LTN, we have one operator on Gatwick, so lets not kid ourselves. If the Government doesn't control what is a strategic service to the Island the operators will put their heads together and cherry pick as they have in the past and are doing now.

fredtheanorak
26th Sep 2006, 05:14
Never flown Manx 2 but I would pick anyone over BNWA.

.....meanwhile her in BLK, I hear one of BNWAs 3 chieftens was "reposessed" by it owner (who it turns out is not BNWA) and tried to get his second aircraft back only to find it blocked in here by other aircraft from a certain flying school. This leaves Blackpools Worst Nitemare Airline down to 1 aircraft.

captainyonder
26th Sep 2006, 18:27
I see from the Stansted press release that Manx2 is adding a second J31. Does anyone know where it's coming from? Is it another one from Jetstream Executive?

fredtheanorak
28th Sep 2006, 19:17
I'd herd they were getting it from Alan Keen in IOM but not sure if he's got an aOC currently. There's also the one BNWA "bought " which is going nowhere fast which is presumably available, although again no AOC?:confused:

Ronaldsway Radar
5th Oct 2006, 00:03
Cover of Manx Tails this month has a nice little M2 add for their new destination - London Stansted. :)

Also, on page 31 of MT, I quote the following;

"Manx Airline to apply for Heathrow slots.

The Isle of Man Airline Manx2 is launching a campaign to re-open the Islands links with Heathrow following the results of a major customer poll.

As a result, Manx2 will be applying for slots at Heathrow to run a three times a day service from the Isle of Man, which will start as soon as possible.
Getting slots at Heathrow is known to be difficult, but Manx2 will be making the arguement that the Isle of Man's status as a crown dependency means it should get a special exemption from the normal slot allocation process.

As well as Heathrow, Manx2 will also look at opening other routes before the end of the year to destinations selected by servey respondents, and will be making an announcement about this in the near future."

So.....our servey says....? :}

Good luck to them!
RR

Hansol
5th Oct 2006, 03:12
STN won't work, there are almost as many LC destinations now from LPL and MAN so no reason for anyone to fly there, also its a very long sector for a j31, with lots of chances for delays at STN.

As far as LHR slots are concerned it is merely a publicity stunt. Euromanx have been trying for slots for the last two years using the same arguement without any joy so...

our survey says...:uhoh:

GMIMA
5th Oct 2006, 11:18
as per my previous posting............

How can a glorified travel agency apply to one of the worlds busiest airports for slots, its like having ATMAYS applying for slots or joe soap.

Manx2 do not have an AOC.................they are renting several

The only way round them actually making a bid is to get there host AOC holders to bid for the slots.....................

who in there right mind is going to allow a let410 or a j31 in LHR?

Good free advertising though!

Ronaldsway Radar
5th Oct 2006, 11:59
Aye, I also hold very minute hope for this to happen.

Any ideas on the 'other' new destinations to come? Scotland possibly?

RR

fredtheanorak
18th Oct 2006, 17:37
Thinking of hopping over to IOM when I get back thios weekend:} if the fog lifts. Presumably Manx2 is still the best way to get over from BLK - :ok: does the wiping of any reference to Blackpool's Not Wonderful Airline from pprune mean they've finally stopped:confused:

captainyonder
20th Oct 2006, 14:25
Flew on Manx2 yesterday on BLK-IOM and then IOM-LBA. What a brilliant little airline they are, I was so impressed, they've really thought of everything and are so professional in areas where so many others have failed. Can't recommend them enough, and the loads look good from what I counted IOM-BLK had 10 PAX, BLK-IOM 11 PAX and IOM-LBA 17 PAX.

God knows what's going on with BNWA. I didn't see them operate at all yesterday, but people I've spoken to said their PA-31s are constantly full at the moment.

captainyonder
30th Oct 2006, 19:35
Anyone know how the IOM-STN-IOM loads have been looking since they started the route on Saturday?

sqanze
31st Oct 2006, 17:43
Anyone know how the IOM-STN-IOM loads have been looking since they started the route on Saturday?

fact: very encouraging.

as is bnwa pa31 operation... 7's and 8's on all sectors

Ronaldsway Radar
31st Oct 2006, 18:12
Captainyonder,

Would you be able to describe in a little more detail about the services offered please? I'm off to BLK in a month with Manx2, so would be very interested to know what to look forward to.. :) Cheers mate!

RR.

captainyonder
1st Nov 2006, 08:57
RR, no onboard service because of the lack of a hostie, although I have written to the airline suggesting this might be a welcome addition, particularly on the new STN flights. However, they offer a great onboard magazine, very friendly personal service from the pilots and on the ground they seem very efficient.

I guess what made them so godo in my eyes was the fact that they've gone about everything in a professional manner unlike many others that I've used to get to the island in the past. Everything is branded and you feel like you're getting a completed product as opposed to a one man band who woke up one morning and decided to start an airline.

They aren't luxury, I'll grant you that, but they are exactly what was needed on the island. Enjoy your flight with them, the LET is, well, um, an interesting experience in bad weather!

virginblue
1st Nov 2006, 15:50
Is there some sort of catering on the STN flights, like a small paper bag with a snack and a juice handed out at the gate ?

s_insania
1st Nov 2006, 17:58
I am guessing they are using a Jetstream 31 into Stansted, and they must need two now don't they with LBA. Has G-PLAJ been doing the STN runs with another on the LBA or vice versa? Anyone know the identity of the other aircraft? The LET is obviously still on the Blackpool routes..every day :ok:

Cheers,
Sam

captainyonder
1st Nov 2006, 18:30
I believe Jetstream Executive Travel have purchased G-CCPW and are using it on alongside G-PLAJ. I've heard rumours of the LET410s going completely and JET taking over all Manx2 services.

s_insania
1st Nov 2006, 20:35
Aaah, I thought it would be that one, has been lying around for awhile since Alpha1 :{ stopped using it hehe! And BNWA's J31 G-OJSA is back at Blackpool but don't know what its doing. Future is looking bright for Manx2, disposing of the Let's already :)

Ronaldsway Radar
2nd Nov 2006, 18:02
Thanks for the info, CaptainYonder.

I'm quite looking forward to my flight now hehe! :)

lfc84
14th Nov 2006, 12:06
manx2 are increasing frequency iom-blk from 3 to 4 on fridays (from the december)

captainyonder
18th Nov 2006, 12:21
In addition to the fourth friday Blackpool service, Manx2 have announced they're going to start flying to Belfast City in addition to Aldergrove. It means they'll have up to 5 flights a day to Belfast from the Island and now they're going into City they're going head to head with Euromanx and BNWA. Interesting times ahead.

Anyone know if it will be the LET or J31 on the BHD route?

True Blue
18th Nov 2006, 22:30
I don't think this is a wise move, to use both airports. In my opinion, they would have been better to add these additional flights to Bfs and created a strong schedule on one route. Now they are going to split their ops over 2 routes, neither with really good frequencies and on 1, compete with 2 other carriers.

True Blue

virginblue
19th Nov 2006, 10:46
Probably the idea is to wipe out BNWA over the winter and then have the routes to BLK and Belfast for themselves (except for the half-hearted Euromanx service).

captainyonder
19th Nov 2006, 11:11
BNWA seem very resilient though. Everytime someone comes along to wipe them out they seem to hang on by their teeth. Are they using their J31 yet or is that all still just pie in the sky?

s_insania
19th Nov 2006, 12:46
Still using the stalwart Piper Navajo G-PMAX, although PA31 G-BYVF was operating for them on Friday, seems like they just draft a different one in when they have a problem! G-OBNW does charter services as it is fitted-out in an executive style!
Haven't heard anything about the Jetstream G-OJSA though

fredtheanorak
19th Nov 2006, 20:53
:O Probably the idea is to wipe out BNWA over the winter and then have the routes to BLK and Belfast for themselves (except for the half-hearted Euromanx service).

Also saw in BLK today a second L410 on the OY reg. Looked very smart with fresh paint :ok: Is this for the BFS/BHD Routes?. T
hey've also had a metroliner flying the route this weekend . Mind your heads when enterring but must do IOM BLK in about 10 mins flat!:O

Manxman11
20th Nov 2006, 15:19
From Manx Radio's website today:

"Shortly after a high profile launch, in which Manx dancers and musicians were flown down to Stansted. Manx2 says its reducing the number of flights between the Ronaldsway and the London Airport.

That will be from the beginning of December when the company will only be offering flights on Fridays and Sundays.

Communications director, James Filleul says that since the launch, it has mainly been used by leisure passengers, rather than the business community.
As the firm is also launching a new route to Belfast City airport in December from the Isle of Man, and increasing services to Blackpool, they think it sensible to scale down Stansted flights, and only offer the most popular weekend services.

So from December just Friday and Sunday Manx2 Stansted services."

Guess their market research was a bit off......:hmm:

virginblue
20th Nov 2006, 15:30
What kind of market research ? You mean the funny poll on their website ? Everybody wants Heathrow (in a jet, surprise surprise...), so let's go to Stansted in a knackered Jetstream.....

Tinwald
20th Nov 2006, 18:39
Ah! The countdown to oblivion has begun?

sqanze
20th Nov 2006, 19:41
just heard from the horses mouth..........
a new current AOC holder to operate blackpool-iom-belfast and rtn
that makes it 4 operators ...bnwa, manx2, euromanx (strong rumour only), and the 4th TBA very soon!!

i kid you not....... trust me.. I'm not a doctor but i am in the serious know!!!!!!!!!!

fredtheanorak
21st Nov 2006, 07:43
sqanze

I heard the same story last night. New BLK based operator with F50;) be doing regional routes ex BLK hubb. Double daily to SOU and Edinburgh- Aberdeen + IOM-BHD . Fares on BLK-IOM -Belfast of £29 per sector and £49 on Scotish sectors.:D :D :D .

Richard Taylor
21st Nov 2006, 12:18
Trust whoever it is will have more luck on the BLK-ABZ sector than City Star did. :hmm:

F50...KLMuk not making a comeback are they??? :}

skiddyiom
21st Nov 2006, 12:21
Just for interest, noticed a new Let-410 in on the rock today. OK-UBA. So, is that 2 Let's? Or have they swapped one for t'other.

fredtheanorak
21st Nov 2006, 13:48
HA YFG was here in BLK on Saturday night but haven't seen it since? Have seen a D reg metro a couple of times though.:cool:

GMIMA
21st Nov 2006, 21:24
Interesting times ahead for every one at ronaldsway i think! Rumour has it that there will be 3 Q-400 operated by flybe. LGW, MAN,BHX. Flight support still have another 18 months to run on the flybe contract which could prove interesting come march 2007 when manx regional will only have a handful of aircraft to handle!

with flybe's continued expansion from Brum, it would make perfect sense to base the BHX aircraft here on the rock! They should fill most seats on all the routes they will be doing especially if the flights are reliable and seats are priced accordingly!

How long has Manx2 got till it has to provide its own AOC? think its a max of 2 yrs for the renting of another airline!

sqanze
23rd Nov 2006, 21:16
down at coventry JXT's third j31 has finally emerged from the hanger with expensive TCAS and TAWS installed.:D

rumour control on ramp now focused on the fourth a/c!!!:ok:

have also heard interest in the ex jackie stewart flying scotsman a/c
currently operated in a fashion by Eastern

fredtheanorak
24th Nov 2006, 18:10
Trust whoever it is will have more luck on the BLK-ABZ sector than City Star did. :hmm:

F50...KLMuk not making a comeback are they??? :}

Not sure who but aparently its a midle of day rotation daily exsept Fri and Sun when its' early evening, starting end Feb.:) BLK- Newquay is aparentley on agenda for June on adition to schedules:rolleyes: . BLK airport are denying everything as the operator is aparentley fuming that his cover has broken:( :( :(

Haven't a clue
29th Nov 2006, 10:18
With 4 aircraft presently based at Ronaldsway (1 Let, 2 J41 and 1 Metroliner) has Manx2 overstretched itself or will we see a reduction when the Stansted route drops to a couple of rotations at the end of this week?

(At least there's been no talk of aquiring RJs so some management restraint exists....):}

captainyonder
29th Nov 2006, 10:52
The two J31s are operating STN and LBA respectively, as far as I know the Metroliner is doing the BLK runs and the BFS too, so is the LET out of action at the moment? When does BHD start?

Let's hope we don't see another EuroManx style situation of years passed with about six different companies all operating for the same airline.

s_insania
29th Nov 2006, 16:04
Over this past week, Let410 OK-UBA has done most of the Blackpool runs, the Metroliner on 1 or 2 rotations and Jetstream 31 G-CCPW on 1 rotation!
Not sure if the other J31 is here or not? Anyone on the rock be able to confirm?

Haven't a clue
29th Nov 2006, 21:06
Two Jetstreams (G-PLAJ, G-CCPW), the LET and a German registered Metroliner seen today - at various times and the grey matter can't quite recall whether all were on the ground at the same time!

s_insania
30th Nov 2006, 16:11
Just one Let or are both still there? HA-YFG and the new one OK-UBA

captainyonder
30th Nov 2006, 16:21
BASe Air aren't operating for Manx2 any more. Some other LET operator has taken over their operation.

fredtheanorak
16th Dec 2006, 13:32
Seems Manx2 will temporarily scoope the pool with BNWA pulling off BLK as from today:} . The new F50 operator out of BLK is still lokking for a March start so the pleasure will be short lived:{ What is it about BLK IOM that drawers in lots of competition? Is that 10 operators in ten years now:confused: :confused:

gms1991
23rd Dec 2006, 00:10
Does anybody know anymore about this F50 airline?

Surely they aren't going to try and take on Manx2?! They are the new EZY, everybody knows who they are, and what they are doing!

This airline will really have to knuckle down and REALLY take IOM by storm if it wants to achieve anything! If not, Manx2 will wipe them out!

Hansol
23rd Dec 2006, 11:21
Sorry have I lost the plot somewhere? Who the heck are BPS? BNWA have gone now, Manx2 have the route unapposed, there were never many pax on IOM/BLK so good luck them.

420 HB
23rd Dec 2006, 11:53
BPS are no longer providing a service to Manx2. The L410s are now operated by Vanair of the Czech Republic. New flight codes should have come into play.There is another 410 on its way and my source tells me a small amount of local crew have already been recruited. Seems things are shaping up ready for the new year.

mmeteesside
23rd Dec 2006, 13:09
Don't forget the J31's operated by Jetstream Exec (with JXT codes) - I believe just 1 of them now? And possibly a Metro operated by Kiel Air?

Very hard to keep up with them and what aircraft they are using, a bit like that other (red) Manx airline when they started ;)

mmeteesside

fredtheanorak
23rd Dec 2006, 14:41
mmeteesside

According to their PR guy on Wave radio 96.5 last week its two L410s, 2 Metros and 1 J31.:ok: He sayd theyre plan is to stick with 19 seaters. L410s for busstop routes iom to BFS/BHD & BLK where you don't need fast or pressurised. :O Metros/J31s were for longer routes like LBA /STNwhere speed and pressurisation were reel benefits. :D Seems like a plan to me but there was also talk of BLK to Scotland?:bored:

SAM-EMA
23rd Dec 2006, 16:52
Hello

Do you think that there is any chance of Manx2 resuming the link between EMA and IOM. The route hasn't been served for several years since EuroManx came off it. What do you guys think?

gms1991
23rd Dec 2006, 17:00
You never know. I am sure they will want to expand to more destinations from next summer. They now have a 10x daily to Belfast and 4x daily to BLK and 2x daily to LBA, they can't increase frequencies much more on each of those routes, so expansion will surely be a new option for the airline.

Remember though, when they launched services to STN, the LC hub of London, there fares were high, and did not attract business pax because of the long commute. If they were wanting to attract business pax for Birmingham use, then Birmingham airport would surely be their destination.

It depends on what the airline feels is the next step in expanding. Could be one of many destinations in the UK or Ireland.

Wellington Bomber
24th Dec 2006, 09:05
GMS1991

Have you not noticed that if they start Birmingham, they will be in direct competition with Eastern 3 x daily

Do not think they will want to compete with them, otherwise Eastern might take them on their other routes a bit more competition than BNWA could provide

gms1991
24th Dec 2006, 10:36
Very true. I was just giving Birmingham as an example. It would work with any other larhe city with two airports. If business pax are the aim, then the principle airport has to be first choice. (Except London, where there are great connections into London from both LCY, GWK and LHR.)

Evileyes
8th Jan 2007, 14:52
Several posts moved here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259024

EI-BUD
9th Jan 2007, 05:44
I wouldnt be surprised if we see companies like Manx2 open new routes to Ireland. The 6 regional airport of Ireland (ROI) have been approved funding for development of their airports , I can see much of this being invested into incentives. So a route like IOMWAT, IOMORK could do well what does anybody think?

420 HB
9th Jan 2007, 12:07
The Republic of Ireland is potentially an area that you may well see expansion to. In particular Dublin or Cork, as these are business communities. I doubt that Waterford or Galway would feature as the loads for these destinations would not merit it. In the UK, Liverpool must be on the cards.

Tinwald
9th Jan 2007, 13:08
Fellas, I'm back on Fraggle and happy new year to all specially Ronnie Radar. Had a real good Christmas from what I can rmember. Anyhow, flew with the national airline with fritz and fritz up fron but a lovely manx girl looking after us. Me and the fellas in the snug still reckon the Redtails cant call themselves the national airline til its all on the island. Now, these Manxy Toos. Got to hand it to there PR people a real nice ad on a local mag again and some good fare promotions. Never see anything from the national airline. Me and the fellas had our doubts about Manxy Too but there sticking with it - good luck, fellas.:D

red17
9th Jan 2007, 13:20
It all looks ok for manx2 at the moment, seems like they have plans for march IOM - LPL?? or maybe a relaunch of stansted with an F50?? Any ideas?

fredtheanorak
9th Jan 2007, 19:26
M2 were certinly getting some great loads into hear over Xmas:) and I booked on there free Valentines day offer BLK to BHD. Genuine freebie, no taxes, no charges:ok: :ok: :ok: . Theyre second LET 410 also returned today so they now have 2 on the OK register so it seams theyre doing good.;)

gms1991
9th Jan 2007, 19:29
It all looks ok for manx2 at the moment, seems like they have plans for march IOM - LPL?? or maybe a relaunch of stansted with an F50?? Any ideas?

Would be good to see Manx2 on LPL route. Would have to use bigger a/c though. They say that they are to stay with the 19 seater a/c. They will surely be able to knock Euromanx and their high fares off the route!:O Hope so anyway!

I don't think they will be relaunching the STN route with VLM and EMx operating to a better business airport, unless the airline could get it at LCY or LHR, then they would be able to put it to the airlines.

Great new airline Manx2. Hope they last a long time and grow into a prosperous airline!

Ronaldsway Radar
9th Jan 2007, 21:07
Tinny;

Welcome home matey! Hope the flight was a good'un.

EI-BUD

Definately would like to see Cork on the destinations for later this year, about time we got to fly a bit more west than DUB (not including Galway that's too far west @} ).

If M2 lease another bigger aircraft, maybe one of the LETs could take an ROI timetable?

Who knows...either way, Manx2 have been getting some pretty good publicity recently.

RR!

PENNINE BOY
9th Jan 2007, 23:56
Manx National Airlines!!!!!!
You having a laugh!!!

Cheep labour flying German registered A/C with a Air operators certificate in Austria!!!!!
I wouldnt let my dog fly on one, just read the incidents that have appeared in the Air Accidents Investigation Branch Bulletin October 2006!!!! :eek:

A/C flying in to Man was at 700ft amsl at 5.5 nm from the runway!!!! Oh ****!! David Blunkett could have done better!!!

Come back Comedy Aviation all is forgiven :D
Im sure when all the hype and the new companies go pear shape the Chieftains will be back on the route!!!!

You Get what You Pay For!!!!!

red17
10th Jan 2007, 09:31
Manchester? you mean the euromanx dash??

Tinwald
10th Jan 2007, 09:50
Penine Boy thats yesterdays news, fella, about the low flying. Still foreign aircraft and the certficate from Austria so it seems. That's why me and the fellas cant see how its national like the Redtail boss wants it to be. We don't have a spotters book in the snug so what's this E195 somebodys on about. Any piccies.

PENNINE BOY
10th Jan 2007, 15:12
Red 17

No it was a Dornier 328-110 D CPRW
Check out www.aaib.gov.uk 10/2006

TINWALD
Yesterdays News? You surprise me...............
By passing it off like that, they nearly put the aircraft down in Heald Green!!!!!!!
If it was of no coincedence why did ATC report it to the CAA and that the AAIB thought it was worthy of a 12 page report!!!!!!!!!!!!! + the other incident at Ronaldsway.
They should not be operating in the UK by piggy backing on the back of some one elses AOC.

As I stated you get what you pay for!! You want to pay £2 for a ticket fine, I would rather be flying on a G reg A/C that has had to train and test pilots to UK standards.
Emerald screwed up their training files and other associated parts and hence lost their AOC and went out of business....... :rolleyes:

cumbrianboy
10th Jan 2007, 15:59
I think the point here is that the incident you refer to related to Euromanx and not to Manx2, so it is not appropriate to discuss it on the manx2 thread - as this implies it was a problem with Manx2.

Also, neither Euromanx or Manx2, to my knowledge use British crews. However, as all crews in Europe are all trained and adhere to Jar-Ops I do not see the problem.

lfc84
10th Jan 2007, 16:05
cumbrianboy

a very sensible post. well said.

captainyonder
10th Jan 2007, 17:20
I think the point here is that the incident you refer to related to Euromanx and not to Manx2, so it is not appropriate to discuss it on the manx2 thread - as this implies it was a problem with Manx2.

Also, neither Euromanx or Manx2, to my knowledge use British crews. However, as all crews in Europe are all trained and adhere to Jar-Ops I do not see the problem.

Manx2 use British crews on their Jetstream 31s that are leased from Jetstream Executive Travel. The Metro crews are German and the LET crews are Czech.

Ronaldsway Radar
10th Jan 2007, 20:21
Both EuroManx and Manx2 have British pilots.

And they are up to JAR standards as mentioned so I don't see why being flown to the mainland by a German/Dutch/Other foreign nationality pilot is any different from a British pilot. Unless you know something we don't, Penine Boy?

And after flying with Manx2 (to keep to the correct topic..) on a flight piloted by 2 european pilots I don't see what the problem is.
There are British pilots flying for overseas airlines, who have been trained by various schools throughout Europe and the US... would they be subject to your scrutiny also?

Manx2/Euromanx customers don't pay '£2' per ticket, the prices are average for both airlines on par with other similar airlines flying G-reg a/c.

And if you want to boycott using Manx2/Euromanx simple because the aircraft operate from a non-UK AOC and non-UK registered aircraft, then thats your decision but either way it will have no effect whatsoever on the safety or quality of your flight.

RR :}

420 HB
11th Jan 2007, 17:18
Cumbrianboy, Captainyonder there are British crews on both the jetstream and the Let. It is narrowminded to think that our fellow europeans (who are fully JAR compliant) are any less capable on the flight deck. If it is a matter of language how is your German, Swedish or French these days.

captainyonder
11th Jan 2007, 17:22
Did I suggest anyone was any less qualified or capable than anyone else? No I didn't. In fact I was standing up for the whole of the Manx2 team who ever they maybe. I know the Jetstream operation very well, but that is all I will say about that for the moment. I wasn't aware that there were Brits flying the LET but I don't see how that makes any difference whatsoever anyway. It really doesn't matter where you come from to me, we're all capable of exactly the same job.

EI-BUD
11th Jan 2007, 21:19
captainyonder

Captainyonder, I have to say I agree with you on this , it doesnt matter where the crew come from. So long as they are qualified to do the job. I for one would stand up for the Manx2 team. They are doing there best at the IOM, and especially these days its not easy to survive, especially for a small commuter airline. I wrote to a senior employee of the company with some suggestions for the airline and he replied stating clearly there mission for 2007. They have clear goals and have a good plan going forward.

So I have high hopes for the small Manx operator!

gms1991
11th Jan 2007, 21:37
Could you give us any insight into these plans?

Cheers

Ronaldsway Radar
11th Jan 2007, 22:18
Sounds good :) nice one EI-BUD!

I too would be interested to hear some idea of the direction for 2007 for them, but if you can't disclose it that's fine, I'm sure it will be a good year for them all the same.

Regards,
RR.

captainyonder
11th Jan 2007, 22:36
I keep hearing rumours of them going to an all Jetstream operation, but I'm not sure how true these are.

Hansol
12th Jan 2007, 05:17
There is only one fundemental problem with any airline trying to survive on the IOM... the airport handles around 70K pax a month and it is declining. Too many airlines not enough people. The only way to prosper is to remove the opposition, Euromanx have been very successful at that, if Manx2 are to survive they need good loads, (especially now in the winter) and investors with deep pockets. I wish them the best of luck.

EI-BUD
12th Jan 2007, 08:12
Hi Hansol,
I was reading your post above. I have heard a fair amount of negative feedback on the subject of passenger numbers from the IOM over the past few months. Below is a summary of the annual passenger figures for 02,3,4,5 & 6.
729255, 748103, 773743, 806656, 789155
2002 2003 2004 2005 2006

To be fair to airport the numbers have been growing since well over the last few years with the exception of 2006, but it is not fair to compare 2006 to 2005. 2005 was an exceptional year, with price wars mainly between Euromanx and Aer Arann. Euromanx went through a very rough period financially, on the competing routes it is most likely that neither airlines made alot.

So as regards the comment " only one fundamental problem" is declining passenger numbers , I would say to this that the airlines must make a profit to survive, and more seats does not mean more profit , its the price that they can get for the seats. 2006 was probably a much more profitable year for most IOM routes than 2005.

when you say investors need deep pockets , you are right , but thats the airline business for you. Having the cash resources to withstand highs and lows and exceptional stuff. The challenge for the IOM airlines ie Euromanx and manx2 is to keep costs low and margin at an acceptable level , personally I feel that they need to look at other markets that dont involve the IOM to spread there risk. I realise that Euromanx ventured to Galway last year and it proved costly. However, there are opportunities out there for regional operators. Furthermore , expansion brings to a large extent better unit costs. Such will be the case at Flybe when it merges BA Connect into the business.

I would have concerns about Flybe in the IOM. They are renegotiating there contracts with all airports. If they decided to invest a bit into promotion at the IOM, coupled with some volume deal with the airport, they could do harm. Probably more effecting Euromanx. And as you mentioned 'deep pockets', Flybe will be in a far better position.

Nonetheless I am not sure how soon Flybe will be ready to expand markets like the IOM. But there is a much quicker win at airports like the IOM for them than at some that will provide much low cost competition such as BRS and MAN(examples)

What does anyone think about FLybe and IOM?

Do you believe that IOM airport will give a better deal to Flybe or do you think they will offer same as fees as other airlines? Are they worried about future or are they comfortable that Flybe could be replaced if they left?

Hansol, I can see you point of view but I think we need to look at the big picture. Do you know if Manx2 are connected to Jet2 , I think I read before of some connection?

red17
12th Jan 2007, 08:22
only connection i think is an agreement to try and provide times that connect with each other, manx2 seems independent. The FlymayBe E195 was back again yesterday and it don't fit the stands:rolleyes: :confused:

Hansol
12th Jan 2007, 09:47
Good post EI-BUD. The problem with the IOM is that there has always been one too many operators, Emerald came and eventually went, Aer Arann came and sort of went, (there seems to be somekind of a wet lease deal with EM). I think Flybe will cherry pick, EM's routes to LPL amd LCY have to be targets, but the manx people have always been very supportive of Euromanx after a rocky start and I could see that as being their advantage. Perhaps EM should attack first with a limited service to BHM and even Gatwick if the slots are there.

skiddyiom
12th Jan 2007, 14:31
Penine Boy thats yesterdays news, fella, about the low flying. Still foreign aircraft and the certficate from Austria so it seems. That's why me and the fellas cant see how its national like the Redtail boss wants it to be. We don't have a spotters book in the snug so what's this E195 somebodys on about. Any piccies.

Tinwald, this is the Flybe Embraer 195 that has been using Ronaldsway.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5896707

Cheers

Skiddy

fredtheanorak
12th Jan 2007, 16:03
Great photo Skiddy. Wouldnt' want to be on that babe tho landing fully laden in the wet at IOM. Mite make the BRS debacle seem childs play...;)

Ronaldsway Radar
12th Jan 2007, 18:14
Good post EI-BUD. The problem with the IOM is that there has always been one too many operators, Emerald came and eventually went, Aer Arann came and sort of went, (there seems to be somekind of a wet lease deal with EM). I think Flybe will cherry pick, EM's routes to LPL amd LCY have to be targets, but the manx people have always been very supportive of Euromanx after a rocky start and I could see that as being their advantage. Perhaps EM should attack first with a limited service to BHM and even Gatwick if the slots are there.

Quite right - I think your onto a winner there, Birmingham (though limited) would get a nice welcome so long as the prices beat Easterns!!

Cheers!

RR (100th post! Wow where's the time gone..)

EI-BUD
13th Jan 2007, 05:36

Thanks Hansol,
I agree, Flybe will cherrypick. If Euromanx is well supported by the manx locals they should be thinking about tapping into the LGW route as the primary London airport that it is for the IOM. However, it would be foolish taking on Flybe on routes to any of its bases where it has a vested interest, so maybe I would avoid BHX . Some believe that BE have no strategic interest in the IOM, but as competition intensifies when BACON is integrated and BE is head to head on many WW, EZY and LS routes they may like to go for quick wins to airports like the IOM where LCC dont have access? WHat do you think ?

Quite often I use LPL airport on my way to Spain as a connection point (or when i cant get EZY on BFS ALC), so last July while waiting at the airport got chatting to a guy who works for RE, he said that some deal was done with Euromanx, RE would get the Wet lease deal and get off the LPL and MAN routes. It seems like a total ceasefire happened between the two airlines!!!!

skiddyiom
13th Jan 2007, 14:05
Great photo Skiddy. Wouldnt' want to be on that babe tho landing fully laden in the wet at IOM. Mite make the BRS debacle seem childs play...;)

Marvelous optimism there Fred - fully laden? That'll be the day!! :}

Everyone assumes Flybe will expand on the island and go onto opposition on some of the routes other than BHX. Personally, I think they'll stay for a summer and do what they have done before, withdraw to the BHX route.and leave Manx2Eastern, Loganair and Euromanx with the rest. Lets face it, all they want BA CON for is the crews and some engineers, oh, and the European routes. The IOM is so far down their list of priorities as to be non existent :E

Besides, it is not yet certain that BA will give up the IOM-LGW route so....................:8

skiddy

Grand yahoo
13th Jan 2007, 17:21
Besides, it is not yet certain that BA will give up the IOM-LGW route so....................
The IOM-LGW, INV-LGW routes are included in the Bacon 'purchase' by FlyBe. As well as pilots, Enginneers and cabin staff, FlyBe get 7 prime slots at LGW probably worth £15 million.
BA in the form of Bacon are leaving IOM! If FlyBe do not make money on IOM LGW this year they will use the slots for a more profitable venture.
For any other operator similar slots at LGW to service IOM are not available and proabbaly as rare as LHR.

manx crab
13th Jan 2007, 19:41
The IOM-LGW, INV-LGW routes are included in the Bacon 'purchase' by FlyBe

As the purchase has not been finalised yet, anything is possible, however unlikely.
It is hard to see how Flybe could not make money to LGW. Taking the London market as a whole there are some 230000 passengers per annum which must be way more than a lot of their regional routes.

And anyway, once Manx2 get their Heathrow slots everything will be all right on the rock:E

EI-BUD
14th Jan 2007, 02:25

And anyway, once Manx2 get their Heathrow slots everything will be all right on the rock:E

Will never happen , although it would be great!

Tinwald
15th Jan 2007, 22:54
skiddy fella, thanks for the piccie. I haven't spoted one of those yet but now that looks like a mean machine and makes those ManxyToo things and the redtails prop jobs look stone age. If flybe moves in with those or even those longer prop jobs then I know what me and the fellas would want to fly on. Theres a lot of chit chat about Manxy Too and the redtails and flybe (by by BA by by) but the eastern outfit gets no mention. Are they that boring and expensive. And there prop jobs look even worst. No, some new aircraft and a bit of proper service is what me and the fellas in the snug want to see, yessir.

skiddyiom
16th Jan 2007, 20:15
Tinwald

My pleasure with the piccie. Bright and shiny they may be, but proper service isn't what you'll get, not by a long chalk! The smaller outfits may look sloppy and oldfashioned but they are a damn sight more efficient than some damn great jet!

And don't bank on Flybe being around too long after the change over. They've pulled out of the island almost once, they'll do it again.

I'd rather put my trust in Manx2, Eastern or Euromanx than that shower of (insert choice of expletive here) :E

skiddy

tallaonehotel
18th Jan 2007, 11:28
Witnessed LET410 being blown to almost tipping over this morning at Ronaldsway waiting at holding point A2.
The aircraft lifted from the tail onto it's left hand side mainwheel, the pilot did well to allow the aircraft to move forward and correct the tip.

The emergency response wasn't the quickest, wonder if ATC would call the shots on this one?

Tinwald
18th Jan 2007, 12:11
Fellas, it must be true cos Manx Radio reported it on the 1 oclock news! No injuries - phew. A real blow here on the Island this morning with some windows blown in at a garden centre in Douglas.

Bad news about the BA hanger up for sale. Guess that's the end and no question. Best of luck to all my mates down there.

San Expiry
18th Jan 2007, 16:28
Tinnie

It has even made the IOM government official news http://www.gov.im/infocentre/ViewNews.gov?page=lib/news/transport/aircraftincident.xml&menuid=10160

A post on another Island forum suggests 3 of Manx2's leased-in fleet (all of it) have been damaged today. Not a good day for Manx2 and it must have been a rough day out there in the Irish Sea.

Ronaldsway Radar
18th Jan 2007, 17:45
SAR bright yellow heli has been out and about most of the day in the irish.

Hope nobody has been lost/killed at sea.. :(

skiddyiom
18th Jan 2007, 19:02
Not a good day indeed for Manx2. Still, not much you can do when the wind decides to take you for a ride!

I have some pictures of the damaged Let, but I'll not post them yet, give the chaps at Manx2 time to recover and get on with the job of running the airline.

skiddy

gms1991
18th Jan 2007, 19:55
Could you PM them please?

Very surprised to hear only two pax onboard! I thought they are supposed to be doing well? I saw a full flight on the evening BLK flight 17/12/06 on my FR flight to Spain.

Hope all at Manx2 are feeling up beat and can turn this around!

Cheers.

sqanze
19th Jan 2007, 03:42
Tinnie

It has even made the IOM government official news http://www.gov.im/infocentre/ViewNews.gov?page=lib/news/transport/aircraftincident.xml&menuid=10160

A post on another Island forum suggests 3 of Manx2's leased-in fleet (all of it) have been damaged today. Not a good day for Manx2 and it must have been a rough day out there in the Irish Sea.

not so......the jetstream belonging to Jetstream Executive was up in Scotland and refused to operate due to the high winds:= very sensible decision by the (british) Jetstream Executive management:D

Dufo
19th Jan 2007, 19:41
Actually only one of our pilots on L410's is from UK. Others are from Germany, Slovenia (including me), France and Sweden :ooh:
Damage on OK-UBA is moderate, left tip tank and part of the right leading edge are damaged (due to impact with caterpillar).
Greets from Port Erin :ok:

gms1991
19th Jan 2007, 19:50
Cheers for all the info.

Does anybody know what aircraft is flying instead?

Cheers.

sqanze
19th Jan 2007, 21:55
Actually only one of our pilots on L410's is from UK. Others are from Germany, Slovenia (including me), France and Sweden :ooh:
Damage on OK-UBA is moderate, left tip tank and part of the right leading edge are damaged (due to impact with caterpillar).
Greets from Port Erin :ok:

ooh mrs:ooh: ...touched a nerve have we? :* who's talking about crews, not me..i mentioned the British Management at Jetstream Executive.....

gms1991
19th Jan 2007, 22:08
ooh mrs:ooh: ...touched a nerve have we? :* who's talking about crews, not me..i mentioned the British Management at Jetstream Executive.....

I wouldn't be so rude if I were you. Look back in the conversation and see what he means.

Dufo
20th Jan 2007, 12:26
Cheers for all the info.

Does anybody know what aircraft is flying instead?

Cheers.

Today's 8AM flight to Belfast int'l was operated with Metro. Don't know more as I'm currently at STN and headed home for a few weeks.

captainyonder
20th Jan 2007, 13:03
I'm suprisied Jetstream Exec haven't gone it alone. To my knowledge they've been involved with four airlines off the island in recent years. Surely Mr Green should consider setting up services in his own right?

gms1991
20th Jan 2007, 13:07
Manx2 will be bumpering three of their routes this year.

From the 14th February, a new lunchtime service to Belfast Int will be launched. Also, the Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to Belfast City will become available.

The Blackpool route will include 5 more flights per week from the 23rd July. Monday to Friday will become 4 times daily. Saturdays will include a morning departure, but Sundays will remain with two flights.

Check the Manx2 website for the flight times. Havn't been published, but if you try to book after any of these dates, then the new flights are available.

Advertising link removed

sqanze
20th Jan 2007, 16:00
I wouldn't be so rude if I were you. Look back in the conversation and see what he means.

relax pal..not being rude just stateing a fact:rolleyes:

gms1991
20th Jan 2007, 16:27
Sorry. Heat of the moment.

Any news on the F50 operator? Said you were offered a job? Can you tell us what they told you or not?

Cheers.

gms1991
20th Jan 2007, 16:34
I'm suprisied Jetstream Exec haven't gone it alone. To my knowledge they've been involved with four airlines off the island in recent years. Surely Mr Green should consider setting up services in his own right?

To fly where?

Most of the UK is covered from other operators.

Dublin, Jersey, Guernsey, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Britol, Newcastle, Southampton, Liverpool, London (Gatwick, Luton, City), Edinburgh, Belfast (Int&City), Leeds/Braford, Blackpool.

If there is any other region in the UK, then the airline could find a niche like Manx2.

Also, many of the routes are served by two carriers, and therefore competition is very strong.

I think Manx2 and Euromanx will be the only based carriers for quite a while.

flyerz111
20th Jan 2007, 23:10
I can't help thinking that, with the demise of BNWA, the growth of Manx2, Arann coming off London and the possible Flybe-ization of BA, that the Rock is finally coming close to the nirvana of stability it needs - if everyone holds their nerves, the air transport sector could consists of:

Flybe on the LGW mainline route, offering connections and London access at reasonable fares, with EMX doing similar on LCY;
Euromanx on Liverpool with their Aer Arann ATR72, keeping volume available, not fleecing the community with prices and, you've got to admit, doing a pretty good job on fares and frequency given their monopoly,
Euromanx and BA/BE on Manchester - roonm for a bit of rationalisation of schedules and still some way to go for stability;
Manx 2 filling the low-volume gaps with low-volume aircraft but the success story of 2006;
Eastern providing pricey but efficient business and rich-leisure services, but definitely delivering to a market that wants them;
Arann, now reduced to one route after last years aggression but providing a good service on Dublin;
Logan dong their bit for Scotland;
Manx2 and EMX slugging it out on Belfast;

Now, if only Manx 2 would disappear from Belfast City and BA/BE from MAN, we might finally get back to a sustainable air transport infrasturcture of the IOM. Time to get away from any spotty-faced kid with an aircraft thinking there is business to be done on the IOM and time to realise IOM may now, finally, have what it needs? There is little room for route on route competition, but plenty of room for a variety of airlines to keep manners on the others. Please, BA/BE get off MAN, Manx2 or Euromanx get off Belfast City and other carriers, stay away. Stability with compettion is almost there *

gms1991
20th Jan 2007, 23:35
flyerz111

As you say, stability aswell as competition is needed. I think that on two of the strongest routes from the airport, there needs to be at least two airlines. Surprised that nobody has picked up on the LPL route though.

If there was only one carrier per route, then there would be a monoploy, and the island needs airlines to compete to keep prices low and frequencies high.

Just my thoughts.

P.S Totally agree about stability. No more start-ups from IOM PLEASE!

sqanze
21st Jan 2007, 19:28

Jetstream Expensive Ltd will not set up their own service as they make more dosh for flying for the ticket sellers on the rock!!
no hassle for them..18 pax or 2 pax the a/c rate is the same..
good business with fourth and fith jetstream on the way!!!

sqanze
21st Jan 2007, 19:33
Sorry. Heat of the moment.

Any news on the F50 operator? Said you were offered a job? Can you tell us what they told you or not?

Cheers.

could tell u but then i'd have to kill u.............
only kidding...still commercially sensitive at the moment but it was station managers job at bpl and it was not f50 operator......
a/c size between say a chieftain and a shed????

manx crab
21st Jan 2007, 21:32
flyerz111

Good post, but I think that that in reality the Manchester and Liverpool routes are one market and competition would be best served by having different airlines operating to Man and Lpl just as the London market needs to be looked at as a whole. I think Manx 2 will clean up on the Belfast routes because of their frequency.

If Euromanx were left with London City and Liverpool then it would match up to the number of aircraft they have:)

virginblue
22nd Jan 2007, 12:12
Is there any rationale behind what aircraft serves what route ? I would like to sample a LET410 flight later in the year and I don't want to end up in the Jetstream or Metro. From what I gather, it looks as if LBA is a bit too long for the LET and at BHD, the LET is unwelcome. So do they operate mainly to BLK and BFS ?

BTW, looking at the prices, Manx2 has a somewhat stranging pricing policy on the Belfast routes. From Belfast, BHD is the cheapest at 27 GBP, while from the IOM the noon departure to BFS is the cheapest at 29 GBP. I would have expected that they sell BFS slighty cheaper than BHD in general.

gms1991
22nd Jan 2007, 18:56
I know that Let 410 operates to BLK and sometimes the lunchtime flights are operated by Metros.

red17
23rd Jan 2007, 13:32
There doesn't seem to be any definite pattern. The LET's generally operate the 1700 IOM - BLK and the 1845 IOM - BFS although now there are two of that type it may appear on other routes at the moment. BHD don't particuarly like the LET. :confused:

virginblue
23rd Jan 2007, 14:09
What's the story with BHD and the LET ? They have put up with Chieftains and Bandeirantes on the BLK/IOM routes for ages - why all the hassle about the LET all of a sudden ?

red17
23rd Jan 2007, 14:19
not entirely sure what BHD's problem is with a LET but have heard from sources they don't approve of this type of a/c. Maybe somebody could give some more info?? I doubt its the european registration as the Metro is the same. Flykeen also had a problem i believe with their a/c and were asked to change it at the next opputunity. BFS don't seem to have a problem.

True Blue
23rd Jan 2007, 15:33
Try snobbery for a reason.

It doesn't fit with the image that they are trying to protray as the business airport for N Ireland. Pity business people don't see it that way!

True Blue

420 HB
23rd Jan 2007, 20:28
ok everyone there is no problem with the Let. It is fully compliant with all JAR Ops regs. The fact that it requires manual over wing refuelling has sent the "mangement" at BHD into a fit of Health and Safety paranoia. If it isnt wrapped in cotton wool and covered in safety stickers and reviewed by a 10 page risk assessment they dont want to know. Thing is the flight crews and ground engineers are all trained to carry out the procedure. No "risk" to local fuelling staff at all, who to a man are happy to assist the crews. Just some suit in there office trying to justify there exsistance, IMHO

Hansol
24th Jan 2007, 02:38
I think these fuelling problem with the LET should have been considered at Manx2's set up stage, as it is obviously restricting the flexibility of their fleet. Do Ronaldsway still have a problem with the fuelling? I think the other issue with the LET is its suitability for operations from the IOM, the way one nearly blew over in high winds the other day should be a warning sign for all concerned, and before you all get up in arms it was only the LET that had problems while taxiing.

red17
29th Jan 2007, 12:34
So much for the LHR slots. JER has just got 2 return flights a day from june. The slots came up when bmi stopped the paris and mumbai routes. Can't see any chance in the near future for IOM - LHR to be honest.:eek:

gms1991
30th Jan 2007, 16:32
Isn't LGW good enough?!

There are great connections to GLA, MAN, LGW and LCY where there are connections to destinations throughout Europe and beyond.

I think a link to AMS or CDG would be better. The airports are smaller:O (well...just a little) than LHR, and still have the great connections and frequencies to destinations across the globe.

Yes...LHR would be a fantastic route, but wouldn't this threaten the LGW route, which is used mainly for connection flights?

No to LHR - Yes to major continental hub! (AMS, CDG, FRA?)

red17
31st Jan 2007, 10:31
LGW is more than enough for IOM, Paris has already ben tried by 3w and that went tits up

gms1991
8th Feb 2007, 22:03
Manx2 next destination?

Carlisle?
Doncaster/Sheffield?
Humberside?
That new Northern Wales airport?

Surely they aren't going to stick to the current 4 routes? They are currently third in IOM totaal traffic for JAN 07. BA in their sights now! :}

Dash-7 lover
8th Feb 2007, 23:23
Forget LHR as you'll never get the slots and if by some miracle you did then give it 2 or 3 years and you'll become a BA subsidiary and get fu**ed around for evermore!

nospeedrestriction9
12th Feb 2007, 21:23
It seems they have just launched online check-in.

gms1991
12th Feb 2007, 22:20
Manx2 January figures:

Pax carried: 3833
Flights operated: 486

Av. people per flight: 8
Av. percentage per flight: 46.4%

Personally, I think that for January operations, these results are very good. With the introduction of the new services to both Belfast airports on Wednesday, the airline looks to have a bright future, and I hope that the airline can launch another route before the summer comes.

tallaonehotel
13th Feb 2007, 14:03
Any news of the AAIB investigation into the near tipping of one of the Lets last month?.

Or has it been brushed under the carpet?

EI-BUD
13th Feb 2007, 18:33
I am travelling manx2 tomorrow BFS IOM and I got a call from customer service at the airline telling me about the new online facility. The guy encouraged me to check in online as i will be day tripping. He said that I could win a prize!!

All very proactive I have to say. Will be interesting. can stay in bed a little longer than planned as checked in already.

Ronaldsway Radar
14th Feb 2007, 16:07
Top service from the Manx2 staff today while I was daytripping in Belfast!

And new 6ft-ish boards in the BHD terminal advertising the new click+fly online check-in scheme already.

I can't see anyone else advertising as vigourously as Manx2 in the Isle of Man at the moment and they're doing a good job of it too!

RR

EI-BUD
14th Feb 2007, 20:09
Ronaldsway Radar, I have to agree with you I flew day trip on manx2 today and the service and experience was great.

I flew BFS IOM BFS . It was Let410 on each flight. 17 pax outbound and 13 on return. 13 of the people on the outbound were day trippers and commented on the free flights. The let 410 was a lovely little plane.

However, the scanners at passport control in BFS did not recognise the boarding cards from online check in . In the IOM it was veryu smooth running. I laughed as a lady on the flight said this 'is like a wee helicopter' so that was amusing for all onboard.

The personel at manx2 are very engaging and it certainly looks like morale is high in the company. Got talking to the pilots and they were all so positive. Well done manx2 , I hope they enjoy much success in the coming year.

Ronaldsway Radar
14th Feb 2007, 22:09
Yes the crew and staff were very helpful both on-board and at both airports.

We had running commentary the whole way back to IOM from a lady sat behind me.

"Ah that's Peel. And that's Eerie. Ah there's the sacntuary. There's Douglas."...

red17
28th Feb 2007, 13:28
Rumour is that once a third LET 410 is delivered then there is the possibility of upto 8 flights a day to LPL. Seems possible. This rumour has been around for a couple of weeks. Like anything though at the moment its only rumour. From a good source though.

jet2_at_blk
1st Mar 2007, 19:39
Are Manx2 in profit?

I know when starting an operator that you need along time for things to settle and for the books to become constant and balance out, but are they making money yet?

Cheers.

fredtheanorak
2nd Mar 2007, 10:39
Couldn't tell you pal but looking at their loads out of hear (BLK) the last few weeks they should be smilling:O most days they are well over halve full and always rammed Monday, Friday and Sundays as the mainlandars flee &return Fraggle for another action paked week:ok: Think thats' the same on all Fraggle Rock routes tho:confused:

jet2_at_blk
2nd Mar 2007, 15:50
I think it is great to see the airline growing at such a rate, and how well they are performing on their routes.

Hope to see them increase their aircraft and their aircraft capacity. Would love to see them on LPL route!