PDA

View Full Version : Where does a Second Officer fly to?

Hachiouji-shi
14th May 2006, 14:13
What destinations does a Second Officer with CX fly to on the Airbus and 744?

'round midnight
14th May 2006, 18:42
feeling facetious...the second officer doesn't fly.

Truckmasters
14th May 2006, 23:47
Most destinations greater than 8 hours from HKG. Varies from fleet to fleet.
744 - LA, London, Paris, frankfurt, rome (seasonal), san franscisco, vancoucer, JohanesBurg, Anchorage
Airbus - London, amsterdam, paris, rome, Jo Burg, Anchorage, New York, Vancouver, toronto, brisbane, sydney, melbourne, auckland, middle east?
777- still being sorted , lots of dubai

Hachiouji-shi
15th May 2006, 02:45
Thanks for the info, and how long does a one operate as a DESO before upgrading, usually?

Truckmasters
15th May 2006, 03:04
Thats a great question.
The answer is the same to this question - How long is a piece of string.

The current upgrades are at about the 3.5 year mark. Future predictions are very much unknown?

NdekePilot
15th May 2006, 15:01
'Round Midnight......OUCH!!!:ok:

'round midnight
16th May 2006, 06:21
Ndekepilot,
You know I'm only kidding....am working like a 'dastarb' to join the illustrious ranks of Cx pilots.

'rm

NdekePilot
16th May 2006, 08:06
Hey 'R M!!
Just kidding!! Anyway, we eat the sandwiches and let the experienced guys fly......!!
See you soon....keep working on those hours!!
Cheers,
NP:ok:

LSGG
16th May 2006, 14:24
Hi there !

Could someone inform me on how do S/O log their flight time ?

Entire flight or just the time spent on the right seat ?

Do they get a rating or just training, and in this case is your flight time recognized at all (JAA) ?

Thanks

Tony Le Mesmer
16th May 2006, 14:45
Join Dragonair as an S/O pal and you get to fly the whole network. Not a glorified radio operator like the CX S/Os.......

Tony:ok:

Challenger-Deep
17th May 2006, 03:54
Yea Keep telling yourself that...pal!:E :E :E

'round midnight
17th May 2006, 06:15
Hey NdekePilot,

Can I pass your 'OUCH' to Tony le Mesmer? He clearly needs it more than I do!

'rm

NdekePilot
17th May 2006, 09:17
Hey 'R M!!
Yeah, these pesky SOs who have been captaining 737 800s around Europe for years flying 5 sectors a day in the great European weather where the wind really does blow or instructing in Harriers or flying 747 classics around the world don't know anything!! Safest place for them is in the back safety testing the sandwiches!! Now, how does that push to talk button thingy on the mic work again.....?
Hee Hee!!
NP:E :E :E

Tony Le Mesmer
17th May 2006, 13:10
NP avoiding your sarcasm you hit the nail on the head brilliantly! That creative writing course Cathay put you on has really paid dividends. Spoke to a couple of pimply KA cadets in Adelaide and they said they would be flying....yes flying the 330 soon. Don't you get that option in about 4 years pal.

see ya,
Tony Le Mesmer:cool:

PS Age 36........mmmmmmmmmm that means in 4 years you will be....... Well I am not David Brent so I wont embaress you!

NdekePilot
17th May 2006, 15:01
Creative writing course? Damn, something else I've missed!!
Oddly enough, some people turned KA down in favour of CX, something to do with wanting a long term career that didn't have you burned out by year 3, but that's all down to choices and lifestyle I imagine. At CX the guys you fly with are great and so is the longhaul route structure, and after a few years of the best rosters in aviation, a pleasure after all those sectors around Europe, you get to fly a 777 or 330 and get busy again. It could be worse, you could have to work for a living.....Nothing is perfect, but as all the Ozzies succinctly put it, "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined!"

Cheers TLM!!
NP:ok:

PS. David Brent, hey!! Wasn't he great?!! And he could spell!!:E :E :E

Challenger-Deep
18th May 2006, 02:47
Tony, normally if you engage in a game of my d1ck is bigger than yours...you should first ensure your's is actually bigger!!:E
Nice post NP!
Heading Select, Cheers