PDA

View Full Version : PPL in UAE???

swm
14th May 2006, 10:54
I'm thinking of taking a job in Dubai. Only thing is I was wanting to get my PPL here in SYD. I wanted to know if there are flight schools in/near Dubai where I could do a similar PPL course and if so would the cost be cheaper/same/more expensive than in SYD. Cheers.

jai6638
14th May 2006, 14:27
The only flight school in Dubai is called Emirates Aviation Services I believe. THey currently follow the FAA syllabus but are soon going to switch over to and follow the British curriculum. They charge approx Dhs. 600/hour.

They seem to have more students than they can handle so I'd recommend you check if they have any available slots. I took a few flights there and it was great! They seem to be very thorough with their safety procedures and the instructor knew what he was doing..

Hope this helps.

swm
15th May 2006, 07:19
Thanks Jai ... I've to to find any info on Emirates Aviation Services and not been able to find anything ... do you know which airport they operate out of or if they have a website? Cheers.

Captain Bug Smasher
15th May 2006, 07:48
Website, www.emiratesaviationservices.com

Airport they operate from is Dubai International Airport. (Their Office/Hanger is Located near Terminal 2, North side of the Airport in between DHL and FedEx).

ferrydude
15th May 2006, 08:35
Near Dubai, Umm Al Quwain. www.uaqaeroclub.com

jai6638
22nd May 2006, 02:24
Hey sorry for the late reply

I'd recommend Emirates Aviation Services compared to UAQ from a Class B airport experience standpoint as well as the quality of training standpoint. The club in UAQ is a small outfit with only two instructors. When I was in the UAE, I had given them a call and the people who picked up were extremely rude. I got hold of the CFI only after 3 days of constantly calling them... The airport is pretty quiet too ( so I hear ) compared to Dubai and hence you dont benefit as you would at the busy international airport of Dubai. Although, another way of looking at it would be that flying in UAQ would mean that you wouldnt have to waste your money holding in the air waiting for a clearance to land due to traffic. Another difference is that the airplanes in Dubai are relatively new with new ones being ordered. They are mostly a combination of different Piper models while the planes in UAQ are Cessnas.

Good Luck!