PDA

View Full Version : Where to do my PPL

potcivvy
14th May 2006, 05:12
I have recently moved from UK having completed approx 150 hrs fixed wing a few years ago and 1200 hrs or so of mil rotary, all in the UK.

Now I am here in Adelaide and would like to do my fixed wing PPL. I live in the Hills and am guessing that Parafield is the best place to go. Can anyone recommend a good school for me?

Also if anyone knows how I can convert my previous experience and what I would need to do to complete my PPL then that would be great. As soon as I decide on a school then I will be down there asking them the same question with log books in hand so not a huge priority.

Thanks for any help. Regards.

richie-rich
14th May 2006, 08:35
hey mate
my name is saami and i live pretty close to you, i would say! just around in burnside.

i am training at parafield, with AFTC (adelaide flight training center), an offshoot of FTA (flight training Adelaide). They renamed it from BAE systems (which it was called for so so so many years) after BAE decided to sell the company and it is where they train most of the cadets from all the flashy airlines like Emirates, Dragon Air, qantas etc etc.

would you like me to give you more info?

I look forward to your reply.
saami

potcivvy
14th May 2006, 10:27
Thanks for the reply. I am in Nairne!

Yeah any info would be appreciated such as prices, quality of instruction, a/c types and the like. I have looked on the web but have only seen one school which is not the one you mentioned. How far down the line are you?

Cheerio

inxs
14th May 2006, 16:09
Potsy
If you want the full gen of knowing how to convert, you can PM me if you wish - I have all the goss.

richie-rich
15th May 2006, 07:20
http://www.flighttrainingadelaide.com/TrainingCentre/AFTCoverview.htm

they have the Grob, Tobago TB10, and Duchess for twin engine training.

its usually the AFTC who deal with conversion, ratings for self funded students as opposed to training offered by FTA solely for the airlines cadets.

Tobago costs $200/hr with instructor and around the $170/hr mark for Solo flying.

have a look at their website and they should be happy to help.

Richie