PDA

View Full Version : IFR MEATBOMBS at TORQUAY?

QNIM
14th May 2006, 03:31
Gday
Just wondering if the mob at Torquay has approval to jump through cloud coz they were yesterday, overheard on the radio couple of weeks ago a call from stressed meatbomb pilot asking Torquay ground if they could see any holes, I wonder how he got up there.
Seems some people have a very short memory.
Cheers Q :=

bushy
14th May 2006, 05:41
If you look at the cASA web site you will find that appoval has been given for skydiving through cloud. For a selected operator.
I thought the rules were for everyone.

Mr.Buzzy
14th May 2006, 05:43
"Nah mate.....private ops.... we can do whatever we like!"

Some of these clowns need a good dose of the water cannon!

bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz

Baron Captain ?
14th May 2006, 06:18
As long as the aircraft is certified IFR you can do what you like...

You can always hear Sydney Skydiving aircraft calling "IFR Twotter taxing for parachute ops"

The responsibilty then comes on the jump master for wanting to jump through cloud!, and not the pilot!

But me guessing its only a clapped out C182????..... Hey as long as the AH works and pilot isn't an idiot then he will not hurt anyone...
We all remember our days of meatbombing and wank?r skydiving people desperate for cash....

So at the end of the day QNIM Who gives a SH!T....
Are you just pissed off because they won't let you fly there??

:ok:

QNIM
14th May 2006, 06:23
Gday Baron Captain ?
NUP
Cheers Q :)

Tiger 77
14th May 2006, 07:25
One cold overcast day with light drizzle...

Jumpmaster to Pilot: "It doesn't matter if the instruments dont work, you have a GPS!"

Baron Captain ?
14th May 2006, 07:33
OK OK OK........... Now EPIRB is assuming that the said person doesn't make a radio call...... Now no one said that you IDIOT...
OK now your putting a picture in your head and assuming that the pilot is a ball-less person willing to be told what to do.... :ugh:
So how do you know its not something like:

Pilot to Jumpmaster -
"I'm flying this piece of SH!T, and if I say NO it means NO!"

But of course now I am assuming aren't I!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
However we all know that jumpmasters and GA bosses always push pilots to go the extra mile, but hopefully you get through life with enough BALLS to know when to take charge erring on safety before you kill yourself or someone else....:ok:

I don't even know if he is flying a clapped out Cessna or an IFR Navajo....:D

EPIRB
14th May 2006, 07:33
But me guessing its only a clapped out C182????..... Hey as long as the AH works and pilot isn't an idiot then he will not hurt anyone
So at the end of the day QNIM Who gives a SH!T....

And what about the legitimate IFR pilot transitting the area who would have no idea they are dropping through cloud???

ContactMeNow
14th May 2006, 10:16
I was under the impression that the large skydiving company in Sydney was the ONLY operator to get clearance to drop through cloud? And even then that clearance is only limited to Tandems and Experienced skydivers (again dont quote me) I have heard multiple stories of students being thrown out of the plane down there into cloud (which is illegal mind you).

Long story short, yes you can have IFR PJE ops, the plane needs to be IFR (no sh!t) as well as the pilot and recent for the approaches reqiured at that DZ or airfield.

At the end of the day if your dropping meatbombs through clouds with 1000-1500' bases you should be shot (my personal opinon) unless you DZSO is ok with off DZ landings...

CNM :ok:

QNH1013.2
14th May 2006, 23:56
QNIM - mate, if you weren't there, you can't comment.

If you were there and you saw it happen, then you could comment.

Hearing stuff on the radio doesn't mean that it happens.

I hear things all the time on the radio... couple of mates when they fly together they always add 100 knots to their airspeeds when chatting on the radio. Gee if you'd heard that you'd think some fighter jets were taking on Melbourne.

John Walters
15th May 2006, 01:27
Yep it is happening again and has been since the CI from Barwon Heads shifted to Torquay. Seems as though the APF ignore this guy and he has dispensation from all the rules and protection from within CASA.

Pilots also operate contrary to rules no circuits straight in from out to sea with a 20knt tail wind, and has been seen take off with load with tail wind makes it interesting viewing when you witness the plane become airborne then sink quickly almost to the ground again with wings at 30 degree to level.

Owner seems oblivious to the fact that it appears the suspened operator from BH is operating behind the sceens. Wake up wandy?

QNIM
15th May 2006, 10:21
Gday QNH1013.2
I don't make allegations that I can’t substantiate.
Cheers Q

accc
19th May 2006, 02:36
In response to your allegations, i am not suprised considering your track record, that the videos of the alleged jumps were checked and it has been confirmed once again that the jumps conducted were well within the rules and regulations.

If you have any real evidence that contradicts this, then please follow protocol and send it to the APF.

In the mean time may i suggest that you work at getting along with your fellow aviators, you will be amazed on how good relationships will improve safety within the area.

Cheers

ACCC

inthefluffystuff
19th May 2006, 03:40
ACCC
You are asking all to get along in this forum but slagging others by attacking the hangars plans around the corner in the next forum, are you unstable? if you suffer a problem it would make sense.

accc
19th May 2006, 04:40
Fluffy,

My point was purely general information, i have not "slagged" anyone in regards to the hanger issue.

My posts do date all have a common theme,

There is an underlying culture with the 3 ringed circus, were aviation is suffering purely becuase of the ongoing slagging matches and a long history of false reporting in attempt to gain a competitive edge, which goes way back, long before parachuting arrived at Torqair.

I wish you well with your bug smacking enterprise.

Cheers

ACCC

Wheeler
19th May 2006, 08:48
We all know jump pilots are specially gifted to never encounter cloud, either going up or down - so a VFR plane and pilot are always fine in that industry sector aren't they?

YesTAM
19th May 2006, 10:28
Sounds like Torquay is now off my list of places to visit.

inthefluffystuff
19th May 2006, 13:45
ACCC
Bug smacking enterprise? you have me there, guess you think you know me?

ContactMeNow
20th May 2006, 12:14
We all know jump pilots are specially gifted to never encounter cloud, either going up or down - so a VFR plane and pilot are always fine in that industry sector aren't they?

Goes to show that the pilots you know have no "standards" or any respect for the aviation air law they fly under. Visual flight rules are called rules for a reason (same story with IFR). If a pilot (be it a jump pilot or a charter pilot) decides to break those rules it is their fault, no one elses....

I have not flown many times and have told the boss that a jump cannot be possible for 2 reasons;

A) I will not be able to maintain VFR for the ENTIRE duration of the flight
B) Even if we did get "on top" the jumpers with breech APF op regs, with respect to jumping through cloud

Only you can set the standards, no one else can set them for you! And if you think they can, well you should not be flying. Likewise if the boss tells you "she will be right" tell them where to stick it (unless you are scared of losing your job :hmm: )

Blue Skies and happy landings
CMN :ok:

inthefluffystuff
20th May 2006, 13:41
ContactMeNow
Very sensible and diligent post,hope you jumpers read and understand?

anthonyjohnson
20th May 2006, 15:37
hi Guys
maybe a bit of education is in order for some of the pilots in this world than never turned up to the CASA road how that went to EVERY capitol city!!!!!!

http://www.apf.asn.au/cloudjumping.aspx
Cloud Regulations
APF Operational Regulation 5.2.4 states: "Unless in accordance with the written specifications of CASA, all descents shall be made in meteorological conditions such that the target is clearly visible and the parachutist does not enter cloud."
However, rules have now been ratified by CASA and are placed here so members can familiarise themselves with APF directions and start to plan their own manual that will be needed to comply with The Standard.
If a DZ wants to be able to conduct cloud jumping operations, they must submit a Cloud Jumping Procedures Manual to CASA. If approved, an Authorisation & Specification Instrument for approval will be issued by CASA.
As at February 2005, four manuals have got through the CASA approval stage. Text from the initial two manuals is available from the APF Office in a "generic" manual to assist others in preparing their own manual.
DO NOT send your submissions in direct to CASA. Once a submission is COMPLETE, send it to the APF Office either electronically, or hard copy c/o the APF Technical Officer, who will then contact you with any recommended changes. The submission must also be assessed by both the APF Director of Aircraft & Director of Safety and sometimes the local ASO before being sent to CASA.
Download the following publications to start your preparation and contact Kim at the APF for further clarification.
CAAP 152-1 including APF Advisory to assist with Cloud Standard compliance (PDF)
CJPM Generic Manual
Hazard Risk Model - Uncontrolled Airspace
Hazard Risk Model - Controlled Airspace
Final Check List
NOTE: The Hazard Model's results are looked at very closely. It is absolutely necessary that you be able to justify the figures that are inputted to the Collision Hazard Risk Model. That is, you must provide somewhere in the body of your CJPM or as part of the Hazard Model appendix, explanation as to how the data was gathered. They have accepted for example the counting of all aircraft flying over the DZ in a week and multiplying by 52 would be OK! There would be other ways to gather this data. Most submissions gather their data from Airservices.

the wizard of auz
21st May 2006, 00:22
(unless you are scared of losing your job )

Not really a job unless there are appropriate wages being applied to the situation. :hmm:

pol
21st May 2006, 09:24
Hi Q
I see all the goons are coming out of the clouds; if one reads between the lines the wizz from the west will do anything for money and accc has an underling culture on his plate.
It all sounds like sour grapes to me.
Come on accc get it off your chest, you’ve been bitching long enough explain to all the problem you have with the proposed hangars at Barwon Heads.
Wizz you don’t have to explain anything we know you’re problem.
pol:ok:

ContactMeNow
22nd May 2006, 05:56
Not really a job unless there are appropriate wages being applied to the situation. :hmm:

Not too sure what your situation is Wizard, but for me its a job :cool:

UnderneathTheRadar
22nd May 2006, 06:13
Not too sure what your situation is Wizard, but for me its a job :cool:

I think the wiz is trying to say that if you're not being paid award/reasonably then although it's the place you turn up to fly planes, it's not really a job but a charitable donation of time on your part........

pol
22nd May 2006, 06:22
accc
You mention false reporting GOT ANY PROOF????? or are you just flapping your gums again.:oh:
Seems to me you tend to bend the truth to suit your own needs.:sad:
pol:ok:

inthefluffystuff
22nd May 2006, 08:31
Pol

Geez Pol you are in line for the call "Batter up" behind the Hangar at ACCC's place, even the Casa mob get one over there. On a more serious note what is his problem? he seems to attack everyone in the area then makes a statement that we must all get along fore the sake of Aviation.

I think you must be right, self serving needs at the expense of others, I have met that chap Hawke and he must be a lttle peeved at the silly rantings and jealous nature being displayed.

ContactMeNow
22nd May 2006, 10:55
I think the wiz is trying to say that if you're not being paid award/reasonably then although it's the place you turn up to fly planes, it's not really a job but a charitable donation of time on your part........

UTR,

I knew what he was on about regarding work and donating ones time (after all there is a difference right :E )

For the wages that the majority of us are on it feels like the latter.

Happy landings