PDA

View Full Version : NZ Pilot Pay

sarboy w****r
13th May 2006, 17:56
Hi there,

Does anyone know what the average going rate for helicopter pilots is in NZ? I'm particularly interested in general salaries offered to pilots working for one of the larger operators. Also, how does this compare with money earned by QHIs?

Finally, what can one expect for working as a F/O for one of the regional carriers in the FW world?

I'm interested in order to help make some important decisions. Please PM me if you'd rather not post figures in public.

Thanks for your help,

SBW

ems300
14th May 2006, 01:54
a 24 pack of speights if you are lucky at a good company!! bad one you might get 6 stubbies of lion red:ok:

Bushbandit
14th May 2006, 07:57
EMS300 ,your only worth one 6 pack of SPEIGHTS for the amount of work you do .
:ugh:

ems300
14th May 2006, 22:45
a six pack is a good year for me!!! just beacause you get a can of ranfurly a year!!!:ok:

EBCAU
15th May 2006, 00:13
If you are in the UK think hard about attempting to fly in NZ. Most pilots there leave to make a living overseas if they can - it's just too hard there, with too many pilots and too few jobs, unless you have plenty of experience.
There are a few that make a liveable wage but unfortunately not many could be described as doing more than surviving financially.

If you are capable of going the fixed wing way it's probably the best option - that will mean years of being exploited as well, but there is a chance of at least making a decent living if you make it all the way to the top. The top rotary pilots could hardly be described as doing that on an international scale of income.

Just my opinion, others may differ.

sarboy w****r
15th May 2006, 19:04
EBCAU,

Thanks for the info. I'm aware that market forces have driven down pay: lots of low time pilots, not too many jobs. I've got a reasonable number of hours, and am looking to make NZ my home, so chasing the $$$ isn't the be all and end all. It'd be nice not to be shot at any more. I'm just in the process of weighing up the pros and cons of making the switch to FW, and if so, when to make the jump.

Was just wondering what sort of money the average 1500-2000 hr mil pilot stands to make in the RW world (assuming that he manages to beat off the competition for the job in the first place).

If you've got any more info on the NZ job scene, it'd be gratefully received.

Thanks,

SBW

EBCAU
16th May 2006, 01:42
Check your PM's