PDA

View Full Version : interview help

Jawz
13th May 2006, 12:16
Hi all

Can anybody tell me where i can get airline interview information?
Book and video's etc?

Seems like the local pilot shops cater mainly for the PPL holder!

Cheers

Jawz

Led Zep
13th May 2006, 13:05
A local rip off shop (er, pilot shop!) this way sells various "How to Prepare for your Cathay/QF/VB/Emirates/etc Interview" books. Where are you? Have you asked your local one if they can order any in for you? :)

TwinNDB
14th May 2006, 07:43
Dont forget to compare the price with amazon.com. I purchased most of my books for study from them, they were cheaper, the only downside being you have to wait a bit to get them.

Twin

Hugh Jarse
14th May 2006, 10:54
Errr,
The Ozzie airlines all know the rote learned answers you get from the Fortress course, which is actually plagiarised from another book originating from the USA.

It's actually quite sporting to watch people in interviews being run through the wringer when they give a "textbook" answer from said publications:} :} The whole idea is not to make yourself a target for any deeper questioning than is absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, said "textbook" answers are the trigger for further probing.

I remember sitting in as an "observer" on a couple of such interviews not so long ago. I had to excuse myself part way through the second interview, as I was about to bust my britches with laughter:8

By all means, do the research. But for God's sake, please come up with something original which reflects (in some way) your true personality and capabilities....;)