PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Video Clip Problem

joe
13th May 2006, 10:12
Hi Guys hope you can help with this annoying problem, everytime I download a clip it automatically opens using realplayer. The clip though is distorted in that it appears in kind of florescent colours and the sound is distorted. After each viewing an icon appears on my desktop called dxva_sig which when you open shows no content. It then also makes it difficult to get on the internet until it is deleted.

Can anyone please help me????
Rgds

BLUE SKY THINKER
13th May 2006, 10:44
joe . . . . .

A codecs problem by the sound of it. Suggest you check you have all the updates for RealPlayer and MediaPlayer (are you using v.10?). If after sorting you want it opening in MediaPlayer, just go to Tools > Options... > File Types and change the defaults.

"dxva_sig" on a search brings up all sorts of links revolving around codecs, like THIS (http://www.pcmech.com/newsletter/viewtip.php?tipid=373) one.

Saab Dastard
13th May 2006, 11:12
My experiences with Real player(s) have been so uniformly dreadful that I will not allow it on any of my systems.

I'm not saying Real players are rubbish, just that I think that Real players are rubbish.

:yuk:

SD

joe
13th May 2006, 17:31
Cheers guys, problem solved.

Rgds