PDA

View Full Version : CAA examiners in the US?

Squawk7777
12th May 2006, 16:11
Good day everybody!
I am looking for CAA examiners currently living in the US who can renew my ATPL. I have tried a few flight schools in FL, but it seems that they are not very interested unless you want to spend big $$$.
Thanks!
7 7 7 7

Regis Potter
12th May 2006, 20:23
Why don't you talk to Keygrip (moderator)? I'm sure he could point you in the right direction ;)

Keygrip
13th May 2006, 00:47
Well 7777 - we have to start with "What, exactly, do you really want?".

To renew my ATPL. you only have to complete http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1102.PDF for a JAA ATPL or http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1101.PDF for a UK CAA (National) ATPL.

Whichever form you fill in, send it to the CAA at Gatwick, with a cheque for £119 and they will send you a renewal ATPL.

You don't need a flight school, you don't need an examiner, you don't need to pay big $$$. I'd be very interested to know what you have been quoted for (and how much).

So - assuming you don't want to simply renew an ATPL - what DO you want?

(Thanks, Regis).

The Hedge
13th May 2006, 04:42
Hi Keygrip,

Are there any CAA examiners outside the UK?

I need to do a JAA multi pilot aircraft type rating at an approved TRTO and have the LST observed by the CAA.

I thought I would be restricted to UK TRTOs.

Squawk7777
13th May 2006, 05:17
Thanks for your replies. I did a little research and I'll be a little more specific: I am currently flying the E145 in the US. I hold a UK ATPL that expired last year in February. My last class test (MEP) was a little over 5 years ago (I guess they call it LST now). I got MCC credit from the CAA earlier this year. Here's what I want to do:

Renew my CAA ATPL for the purpose of converting it to JAR CPL (JAR ATPL is out of the question right now, there too many issues with obtaining security clearances in the US to do a proficiency test, etc.).

As far as I understand the requirements (LAS G5.1)I need a valid medical certificate and a certificate of revalidation. It also states that "where an applicant can show that he/she is currently flying under the privileges of a non-UK ICAO licence and are flying an aircraft endorsed within their UK [...] licence, they may have their licence re-issued, by holding a valid UK [...] medical certificate [...].

If I fly MEP aircraft once in a while does that qualify, or do I need another LST?

Thanks,

7 7 7 7