PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airlines

exmax
12th May 2006, 09:13
Hi

I know someone who has an interview on thursday with Eastern, he's through to the 2nd stage, does anyone have any ideas/tips on what the day will entail, questions to look out for etc?? I have rough ideas as I'm an ex-flyer but only experienced in the UK, so not 100% sure of the process/format here. I'm hoping to return to flying later this year though, so I may well ask again for myself!

I Just Want To Fly
12th May 2006, 13:53
Do you mean Eastern Australia Airlines? Otherwise known as Qantas Link?

I got through to panel with them about a year ago, but I failed the height test! I'm 185cm!

There weren't any 2nd stages just the group activities, then the panel interview in the afternoon. That's it.

I wish you all the best of luck returning to the industry, but our airlines down here seem to prefer sending jobs off-shore, or have you as a casual.

exmax
12th May 2006, 23:14
Sorry, yes, I meant Qantaslink!! Thanks for the response. I know getting back into flying will be hard but I'll give it a shot for when my time comes.

sebby
16th May 2006, 06:16
The Qantaslink interview stages have now changed, as all applicants go to a hold file and then as positions become available they are accepted and put into a GS. Estern GS are very small and somewhat tedious. It is a slow process with most regional carriers in Australia.

As for the comment regarding offshore bases although it is true, a domestic or regional airline in Australia is hardly going to send people offshore when their operations dont extend past their shores. Qantas is the only Australian airline to have casual FAs currently.

All the best for your application, although a small team im sure Eastern is a great bunch of people. I have worked for the WA brand of Qantaslink and enjoyed it thoroughly.