PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Interveiw techniques??

VP8
12th May 2006, 09:08
Got an interview with Jet2 and have been informed I shall have to take a short test in logical thinking.......anyone any ideas what this consits of as not having gone down this road before:ooh:

Cheers

VEEPS

ILS Repeater
12th May 2006, 14:23
Simple really - Management ask... Can you explain the logic behind our decision to move Ops to Leeds, cos we have no idea ?

:ugh:

ILS

ILS Repeater
12th May 2006, 20:00
VP8 - Sorry for the rather flippant last reply, bad attack of sour grapes.

To answer your question, the tests mentioned will be the usual raft of literacy and numeracy tests usual at interviews these days, plus you will be required to answer some simple problem solving type questions.

Nothing to panic about, if you have the organisational skills Jet2 are looking for and you can project a confident image plus a good knowledge of Ops, you should have no trouble.

These, plus a willingness to work in Leeds and you are onto a winner.

Best of luck

ILS :ok:

lpl32
12th May 2006, 20:16
ILS REPEATER. Your first answer made me laugh, actually it made me laugh a lot.:D

bacardi walla
13th May 2006, 12:41
With respect, I don't think VEEPS has time to read books. If Jet2 want good people, and are good people themselves, they will recognise that quality as soon as the interview starts IMHO :D

rudolf
13th May 2006, 13:12
I think most of the testing is to placate the CAA. If any of the tests are borderline then the interview will be the deciding factor. But without doubt the interview is by far the most important factor.

VP8
13th May 2006, 15:18
Thanks for the replies guys..

ILS I thought for a minute you were serious :ooh: then thought you might be one of the unforunates that did not want to move, I know I've been there when our shower moved from LTN to STN....I'm now a few quid down the drain with extra mortgage etc.

Cheers for the trumpet blow B.W. :}

VEEPS

bacardi walla
13th May 2006, 15:56
VEEPS trumpet being blown at this end too. PM or email me if you want some inside gen :D

bartelby
13th May 2006, 20:48
Good Luck Veeps

You may need it. If you are up for a challenge, nearly a whole ops department to rebuilt in 4 months. The interview will be with Ops manager and HR bod, basic chat then some multi choice. If you pass I think you will train down in Boh to be ready for Nov 1st. To be honest if you have any ops experience the jobs will be yours. Pm me if you want any gen.

Bartelby

ILS Repeater
13th May 2006, 20:58
VEEPS,

Got it in one:D

ILS

freightdoggy dog
16th May 2006, 17:24
VP8,

I've seen you lurking in the freight dogs forum? so with your experience at Air Foyle/ Antonov Airlines/HL ops? it will be like coming home really, cos underneath it all, we oldies at Jet2.com still have a little bit of Channex in our hearts?? So if you have dealt with Hales and Pace you should hopefully walk this interview:ok:

ps: if you can only answer the following questions correctly, what is the capital of France and who the Prime Minister of Britain , then you could always push a cart for us:eek:

ILS Repeater
16th May 2006, 20:24
A bit harsh Doggy... Hes got to have the legs as well before theres any chance of a Hostie job with J2 :cool:

ILS

robo283
19th May 2006, 16:18
ps: if you can only answer the following questions correctly, what is the capital of France and who the Prime Minister of Britain , then you could always push a cart for us
SAD IDIOT!! :mad: We are not all that bad! :p

VP8
19th May 2006, 18:19
I think i've got the legs!!!:}

It's the Tetleys body that lets me down!!!:sad:

VEEPS

Tarek Nor
24th May 2006, 11:34
I think i've got the legs!!!:}
It's the Tetleys body that lets me down!!!:sad:
VEEPS

Hmm never thought of you with a white coat and flat cap before :}

Good luck!

freightdoggy dog
27th May 2006, 20:10
Robo, when we have the chance to share a bottle or 5 of red I will tell you more!

However, I can tell you that unfortunately the above incident is SAD but TRUE. A very highly qualified A300/B737/L188/BAe146/Fat Albert loadie, who also has a stonking pair of legs!!! was asked exactly that? He had to answer these stupid questions or go on the dole!!!