PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Hotel

Ocean9
12th May 2006, 03:29
Can anybody recommend a nice hotel for 3 wks in Tucson, convenient for FSI?

B200Drvr
12th May 2006, 06:45
Cant remember what hotel I stayed at, but be sure to visit the Cactus Rose, there is just something about 300 woman in cowboy boots line dancing:eek:
Also recommend AMARC tour

733driver
12th May 2006, 06:53
I would suggest you contact FSI in Tucson.

I am sure they can recomend a hotel and most likely have special agreements in place (such as good room rates, free pilots lounge access, free cocktail happy hour...)

transilvana
13th May 2006, 16:43
Hi

I just got back from FSI Tucson, I can recommend you Embassy Suites and Marriot Courtyard, I prefer the second, forget about the rest, prices are almost the same on all of them. On Embassy suites you get free happy hour on the afternoon and on the Marriot the Breakfast is excellent, you also get free drinks on the afternoon. Both hotels has free shuttle to take you to FSI and are on the same road, Tucson Blvd. Which TR are you doing?

Javier

lobanski
13th May 2006, 17:02
Can anybody recommend a nice hotel for 3 wks in Tucson, convenient for FSI?

Hey, I'd sugest staying at the full service marriott hotel. It's a fifteen minute drive to FSI.
In addition you're right next to the University, where you can hang out.

Great town.

Bumz_Rush
14th May 2006, 07:23
perhaps a mini bash.......???????????????

I plan to use the courtyard, rather than the full service, but open to upgrades....
Just what is the prices difference, after FSI discounts.

For example the SAV FSI prices for the Marriott Full service Riverside, and the Courtyard, are so close that the only beneft/difference was that the Courtyard had free in room internet, and the full service was charged....
The net result as a top tier card holder was that the Courtyard was better value.
Bumz

Hogy
14th May 2006, 10:10
Hi,
I suggest you to visit, when you will off, the Pima Air Museum, it's no bad,
a lot of planes, amazing...:ok:

Take care.

Ocean9
8th Jun 2006, 00:34
Thanks everyone for all the tips, will report on results in due course!:)

chinny
8th Jun 2006, 03:16
Ocean 9- the best place by far is the marroit in town.Everything else is all at same end of airport(opposite side to FSI-and a 15 min drive).All these are just as bad as each other on price but service wise they differ in as much as they change their staff over.:hmm:

lobanski-u think tucson is a great town-u need to get out more:suspect:

Hey bumz -how u doing-been away:confused:

cc
VTSP

BillieBob
8th Jun 2006, 15:50
It's a long time since I was in TUS but it sounds like nothing much has changed. If Pinnacle Peak is still going, it's well worth a visit - awesome steaks but beware the dress code - you MUST wear a tie.

Bumz_Rush
8th Jun 2006, 18:35
I agree that the full service marriott is the best, but prefer the strip Courtyard Marriott......(honest).....but I will not find out, as the need to attend 5th June CL604, was terminated the day before.....

chinny: PM for all the poop.....

bumz

Oluf
8th Jun 2006, 23:49
Any of the Hotels on the airport strip are about the same. The Marriott,Embassy and the Clarion may be a touch better than the rest.

Chinny: Didn't think you'd been back there since April 2004. Did that experience scare u away from the strip and all the way downtown.:hmm:

O

chinny
9th Jun 2006, 07:34
O-no been back there more recently than that-there are some great places there but after the 3rd time gets very samey and tedious:ugh:
cc
VTSP